The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

Does the car have to be front engined?

Edit

Also only 4 doors or more than 4? So 5 door hatch or wagon is ok?

Fwd, rwd, AWD preference? Was in my head thinking of an AMC Eagle

-No, there’s no restriction on engine placement, only the so far optional requirement of engine bay size.

-Yeah I miswrote that, I’ll change it to something like “at least 4 doors”

No preference at all, but then again car mechanics are not importantly judged, as the main objective is to provide the body design

is this 2.4m in game with the rounding up, or actually hard 2.40m limit

Are there any requirements as far as country regulations go? Like do we have to meet US lighting regulations or any such thing? Or will any era appropriate designs suffice?

Hard limit

Well, I wasn’t thinking about adding country regulations, since Fitz is based in Argentina and at that time they took mostly european regulations (i.e. orange indicator bulbs, no need for twin headlights for low and high beams). If people wants me to go more into detail with that I can make some extra rules

Time to start again then :rofl:

Edit: After looking at some bodies, I’ve seen that some belonging to cars used for inspiration have a wheelbase a little bit longer than 2.4m, so I’ll put 2.45m as hard limit

Should the car have a name or are we making one?

it’s up to you! I prefer you to think about a name that fits with your entry (it doesn’t have to be in spanish)

Hmm, anybody else disappointed by the sheer lack of available bodies, given the requirements?

I felt like there was an abundance of bodies. THey are similar, but then a lot of cars then we’re

I’ve got a good one going but when I did 4 doors, limited the wheelbase, down to 1972 and older, etc, I got like…7 bodies I think, until you get down to extremely dated bodies that would look out of place.

Idk about you but I felt the late 60’s / early 70’s IRL had a HUGE array of body types out there. All the major players back then had some really unique designs, especially for coupes and convertibles.

2 Likes

I hunkered down a while, and I think I got a decent offering.

I call this the Fitz Inizio, for “beginning” in Italian. I just thought it would sound cool as a new first venture for your company - don’t read too much into it.

The Inizio trim shown here has a landau roof, SOHC 2.3L I6 engine to a solid axle rear, and wishbone front. The alternate engine is the venerable Fitz 1.5L. Turns out this 2.3L is the same engine casting with two extra cylinders, essentially. It makes power, but let’s be honest, 1972 was not so kind to any of that.

The front end hints at previous Fitz successful designs

While the rear embraces a new look.

A ground-breaking 4x4 variant with slightly raised suspension is available (only with the 2.3L I6) for areas with demanding climates.

8 Likes

A little bit late, but the corresponding edits to the rules are now up and running, that means…

SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN

DEADLINE: AUGUST 3, 23:59 GMT

4 Likes

Fitz Caracara design proposal

11 Likes

Proposing the Fitz Beleza, presented here under it’s projected top trim the 2000RI. Packing some good features, those can be dropped to lower it’s price and conquer more market shares. Who knows, maybe it will be good at rallying ?

6 Likes

Except for the nose (with its dual round headlights per side), the Beleza’s overall shape generally reminds me somewhat of a Mk1 Golf or Mk1 Fiesta.

1 Like