The Face of the Update Design Competition (Final Results are up!)

If engineering were judged in this challenge, the Essence would fall at the first hurdle due to terminal oversteer (a symptom of insufficient tire stagger front to rear) and having race car tire sizes (180mm front, 220mm rear). But since engineering is a non-factor this time around, this and other shortcomings can be easily overlooked - the Essence is simply jaw-dropping from every angle.

2 Likes

I kinda forgot on the engineering since I just saw that it was today the deadline, plus as you said the engineering is a non-factor this time, so yeah xd
Buuut, you might see it in beamng in some time, also thanks! ;D

2020 SYN 24RT

3 Likes

My files are 3840x2000, how do I take a 4K pic?

It is illegal to take 4K photos for a website by optimization laws. Recently, disk space has been increased here, by removing old but very important links. However, no one worried too much.
Use third-party services to display, and set a time to delete the file, if it is not so important to store it, after 7 days, for example.

If you are having trouble with getting 4k photos, I’d recommend going into the custom menu in the bottom right in the photo scene menu and setting the X to 3840 and the Y to 2160.

A LITTLE BIT OF CONTEXT

1994 was the year in which Darrac turned 25, and to celebrate their successful S20 launched in 1993, a limited edition has been sold only for the summer of 1994,
in 250 units: the 1.3 Ti, a turbocharged version of the 1.3S, boasting a 120 hp engine, that launched the little spider up to 100 kph in only 7.4s, and made it touch nearly 195 kph . By the first days of August, the "magical" numeber of units was reached, and despite the numerous requests, Darraq ended the production of the 1.3 Ti.

The interiors were still quite essential, in order to keep the weight down and maintain the sense of driver-focused experience, but new LCD gauges were introduced, together with an high quality stereo and improved air conditioning, and better padding, made of suede or leather, depending on the customer preferences.
The S20 1.3 Ti became an istant classic and inspired the following Lotus Elise and MG F, paving the way of a new era of compact, fun and iconic spider, that after nearly 30 years, can still make the car enthusiasts' heart beat.

4 Likes

Would somebody provide a screenshot, I can’ find this

There should be a drop down menu at the bottom of the photo settings for resolution that you can switch to custom. I have noticed in the past that sometimes clicking custom doesn’t always bring up the rest of the value sliders. Selecting one of the other options then clicking back on custom seems to make them appear.

2 Likes

Tossed in the Colibri

7 Likes

I don’t seem to have your entry…did you use the submission form in the original post of this thread?

2009 Aether Renarde GTC

17 Likes

1995 Phoenix Chimera

6 Likes

2003 Mont Royal GTC MTD

13 Likes

Submitted my Targa (with a different brand name after realising my made-up name was not made up :sweat_smile:)

It’s a classic fusion of British roadster with Japanese mid-90s tech. 2.6l straight six just like a Jag, but with twin turbos pushing it to 276 gentleman’s agreed horsepower (and 330 available by turning the boost screw up from 1.0 to 1.7 bar)

Mid-engined like an Elise with MR2 and NSX fusion styling, plus a bit of my own flair. Never thought I’d be using tailfins on this body! :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

1997 Mayflower ZF

First launched in 1997, the ZF was Mayflower’s attempt to cash into the booming roadster market. In order to develop such a sports car in a cost-effective manner, Mayflower took the drivetrain from one of its transverse FWD hatchbacks and simply moved it behind the driver’s seat, turning it into a mid-engined car.

The ZF was powered by either a 1.6 litre or 1.8 litre four-cylinder engine. Additionally, the 1.8 litre engine can also be equipped with YIVECS (Yamazaki Innovative Variable valve timing and Electronic lift Control System), sourced from Yamazaki Motor Corp. which brings power output up to 175hp and a redline of 8500rpm. A 5-speed manual is standard while a 4-speed automatic is optional.

Gallery

17 Likes
2020 Sunset Garage Volante Lightweight

4 Likes

What do you mean…?

EDIT: Okay I see, I did submit my form now…

Yep, you’re in now! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Roadster, definition

Source: Wikipedia
A roadster (also spider, spyder) is an open two-seat car with emphasis on sporting appearance or character. Initially an American term for a two-seat car with no weather protection, usage has spread internationally and has evolved to include two-seat convertibles.

My conclusion:
Anybody building a standard 2-seat convertible is absolutely wrong. :wink: The only rules are:

• open, no weather protection
  • puts a smile on the driver’s face

smile
(yes, that is clearly a smile)

The 2010 Cisalpina 6D9 exposes you to the elements like no other car. You are one with the road and the world - nothing distracts from the pure driving experience. It is just you sucking up enjoyment corner after corner.

The lightweight, stiff tubular exo-spaceframe paired with push-rod suspension tuned on Fruninian mountain roads and Fujisaki semi-slicks generates unseen cornering capabilities already at road-legal speeds. The in-house developed 2.0 liter V6 with 244 hp at 8500 rpm is sending its power through a short geared 6-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Weighing below 750 kg, stellar acceleration is the result (0-100 kph: 3.4s | 80-120 kph: 1.9s | top speed limited to 249 kph).

RSP $61,800 | CO2:165 g/km
Extras: wind visor (as depicted), tonneau cover, fire extinguisher

20 Likes