The Grand Tour

Not that I know of, and not like it actually affects anything

Lets be honest here. Some of us are gonna watch it from not-amazon sources. Because we just plain cant pay for it. Not because we canā€™t afford it, but no way of paying it. Even the trial only allows for 4 episodes right? Where are you gonna go then to get your weekly dose?

I certainly either have find a way or just end up asking thepiratebay for my weekly dose

Itā€™s so strange not hearing the Top Gear theme, it was worth the wait even if they have changed things

3 Likes

That is Ć­ndex a problem. When the trial expires, Iā€™ll make another account, probably in the us amazon and hope for it to work.

@Speedemon, Iā€™m pretty sure this isnā€™t something that will be encouraged by the law, but it isnā€™t illegal either, after all I lived in the address I used, for example. (For a month, but that doesnā€™t matter). Anyhow, you still are making a legal account and still are providing a valid credit card, my own in that case. The service they provide is free, so itā€™s not like Iā€™m taking any kind of illicit benefit.

@CadillacDave it was weird, but that song was bloody amazing to be honest. Despite not being as familiar, it was a lot better sounding than Jessica.

welp iā€™m doneā€¦

Oh my gosh. Itā€™s so good. I just smiled right the way through. Cannot wait for the next 11 weeks (1 already gone :ā€™( )

Thatā€™s exactly how I received it! Thank God for grad school lol

1 Like

So, what you guys think of the last 2 episodes?

[spoiler]T o me they were meh, I think the magic was gone. I definetely liked the 3rd episode better than the 2nd one. I didnā€™t got the idea of the military training. [/spoiler]

1 Like

Episode 2 was lazy and dull. Episode 3 was far more like it, exactly what I was expecting from the series.

should I skip watching ep2 altogether?

Well, you can watch it, itā€™s only an hour of your life, not like youā€™re buying something :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, is far from relevant, like a filler episode.

Episode 3 is a fun one, but you start notice that the guys are quite old now, so certain things donā€™t quite fit in (like a grown-ass man being like a dumb-teenager).

Episode 3 was the best episode so far! I would rate the last episode 9.5/10. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[spoiler]That supercharger whine on that Challenger was jst :ok_hand: plus Hammond acting like a teenager while the other two acted like the old blokes they are was pretty funny, you could see the genuine annoyance that James is getting from Hammonds Challengerā€¦

ITā€™S BLOODY ORANGE!!![/spoiler]

1 Like

Just finished ep2ā€¦ if you skip it, you miss nothing. So for those who havenā€™t yet watched it, donā€™t.

1 Like

So uhhā€¦ I just watched the whole series so far andā€¦

Iā€™m underwhelmed. I feel itā€™s awkwardly less focused on cars, the car clips arenā€™t really entertaining theyā€™re justā€¦ there. They clearly have tried to emulate the old top gear challenge formula but I feel it just hasnā€™t really worked that well.

2 Likes

I feel the sameā€¦ it has a huge budget, but still, thereā€™s something missing. But is watchable enough.

1 Like

Iā€™m 5 episodes behind and I was the guy whoā€™d torrent Top Gear 15 minutes after it had aired. Iā€™m severely underwhelmed indeed, it just feels bland, boring, like the worst parts of Top Gear. Arguably the clips are quite interesting, but the charm, the sparkle is gone.

I blame the stupid BBC lawyers restricting what they can say and do, fucking BBC go bankrupt already

Supposedly they canā€™t even do proper challenges or races thanks to the BBC, also not interview celebrities.

[spoiler]Like the maserati ā€œchallengeā€. It just felt like a bad imitation. And what was up with the chocolate bar eating contest???[/spoiler]