The "guess-what-car" game 2

The devil is in the details here…

The round vents and clock tells us that it is a 100 series Volvo since they were changed for rectangular ones on the 200 series.

Black dashboard tells us that it is a 164 since the 140 had a charcoal grey colour.

And handbrake lever between the seats means that it can only be the last year, 1975, since that was more or less a 240 bodyshell with a 164 front end grafted on. Built mainly for Japan and North America since the PRV6 wasn’t yet emissions certified for those markets.

5 Likes

quiz

Is it a AU Ford Falcon?

very close, same family

You mean the Fairmont?

Yes, 2002 Fairmont

The Fairmont is just a tarted up Falcon really, but I’ll take it.

photo

highlander?

Nope, not a Highlander.

Denza N7?

Toyota Grand Highlander?

Nope and nope.

Hint 1: This vehicle was available as sedan and wagon, before it was discontinued.

Opel Insignia?

Same platform, but not sold as the Opel.

Hint 2: This was this models first time having an Inline 4 engine since 1986.

Holden ZB Commodore it is, then.

Indeed, the car that many would say is the reason why Holden no longer exists as a company. RWD 6 and 8 cylinder cars since 1978, then made FWD with turbo 4 and 6 cylinders for it’s final generation in 2018, and killed off in 2020.

Okay, but how was that discernible on that picture? I’d like to remind that if an answer fits the posted fragment of the picture it is correct, even if the cut off rest of the picture shows it’s a different model.

7 Likes

After having visited Europe twice in the past five years, I know from photographic memory what the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia B (and by extension, the Holden Commodore ZB and Buick Regal) looks like.

Here’s my next subject:

pbarshon_160316_0982_0O6A4734_fin.0

Jaguar C-X75?

No