The "guess-what-car" game 2

Nein, also that had more different bodies. The car you need to guess was never anything other than a 5-door hatchback specifically, and no, other bodies under different names didn’t exist either.

Citroen BX?

Hint the Third: prototype, never entered production (neither did anything derived from it)

Triumph SD2 concept?

No, but that sounds interesting, thanks for mentioning it

Also, hint 4ever: from a country whose car industry isn’t widely known around the world (so it’s not French, German, American, Japanese etc.)

FSO WARS?

Hah, I knew that the country hint will make it much easier :smile: Congrats, that’s it - FSO’s hope for the future, for which they had no money. It could be something like the Škoda Favorit, but I guess FSO would be doomed anyway. Oh, and I hope they’d come up with a different name for export - “Wars” (read “vars”) is the legendary founder of Warsaw (in the most popular, I think, version of the legend, together with Sawa).

That bottom car is obviously not Wars, but that’s just the best picture of a blue one I’ve found (red and white examples are far more known).

Why the Mazda picture, was this vehicle related to the 323 in any way?

1 Like

Not at all, just looks similar I guess.

BTW, now I’ve realised… the photos of both the Wars and the 323 are part of the same picture, that I just didn’t bother to cut for posting here :smile: I’ve found it like that, didn’t find a separate photo of the blue Wars (or rather a shell of the blue Wars).

2 Likes

Hint: it’s a model that’s still in production

Next hint: 4, 6, 8 cylinders available

foxbody Mustang?

Nope.

Next hint: it has no rebadges but it almost did.

Alright, the next hint is a juicy one: it was released by a different parent company than the one that started its development

Alright, time for a different sort of hint:

Damn, I feel that this should not be impossible, but this far I am clueless…

(Also posting so you can keep posting more hints if needed)

1 Like

Jeep Grand Cherokee?

1 Like

That’s it!

1 Like

Damn, I felt that it had to be AMC related…but 4 cylinder GC?

3 Likes