The Search for a Sportscar - The Agile and the Angry

chrome_2018-09-03_19-26-53

That color scheme is one year too early :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ot1L5nCoc :thinking:

19 Likes

In preparation for the newly announced “The Agile and The Angry”, Brooklands continue to work on the engine that sent them to a BTCC Championship. Rumors are that the engine is pushing over 100 more horsepower than it did in race spec thanks to new forced induction system, based on the 1992 Viva WRC Turbo.

Bramhall have handed out sneak peeks of the car on their website, along with the tagline;

“The final ride for the Final Edition”

2 Likes

Street performance Experts got their hands on Juggernaut Roadking sport 2.8 sometime during late 90’s

They realized that the car can be modified in to serious performance machine by modern standards even thuogh the car was mostly forgotten during past 40 years

Wile the wheelwells were large enough for some serious tires to begin with, slightly widening them they could fit some seriously wide tires in there, and putting modern tires with big wheels they could fit quite massive brakes in there as well. Also with simple coilover kit the car started handling decently well.

The still sub par handling was due the cars quite heavy front end, and while the engine had great tuning potential by any standard, where doubling the power figure was relatively easy due to the very downtuned nature of the original engine. it was still a cast iron i6 and therefore relatively heavy.

The car sat as it was up to 2001 when Juggernaut suddenly released a nw rear driven sports car. and the engine was soon found to be quite decent powerhouse.
They bought a 2.2l turbo engine, new and set to work seeing what it can take and after adding turbo and reinfocing the internal parts they had high revving 350hp plant, and while putting it trough som testing the engine was found to be still very reliable, even thuogh it’s more than doubled power output.
And more importantly it was lighter than the engine in the old Roadking.

With new engine mounts, new driveshaft and transmission from 80’s Juggernaut light pickup truck the only problem was the original open differential, as one tire fires hampered the perfomance completely, but the problem was solved by using later model Roadking differential which had geared LSD.

With some interior work they modified the car to be 2+2 seater, and reasnably comfortable grand tourer, alshough higer speed driving got the car still slightly floaty at times. After adding some wings it ended up being rather nice grand tourer, althuogh very cheap one at that.

How ever after couple laps on the track noticed that they needed to add some ducts to improve brake ventilation, as brake fade started to be an issue.

After that they gave the car a proper paint, and it came out rather good looking.

One day as the car was sitting in front of SPE garage, a man niticed it and asked if the car could make appearance in a movie called “Agile and Angry” it might even have a chance to be the main characters car. or “hero car” as he said it.

While the car had some quirks of it’s own the team from SPE agreed to lend the car, and if needed they could easily make a replica from it if they needed a car to destroy.

4 Likes

2001 Bogliq Coyote 230AE (Internal code 230R)

Coyote%20230R%20FR
Known as the 230R in “The Agile and the Angry”, the official designation was 230AE once the bodykit was released for Coyote owners to purchase in RL

When approached by a movie studio for submissions for their upcoming movie, Bogliq Marketing & Sales were unsure of what to supply. Hedging their bets, they chose a mid spec Coyote figuring it should cover all the movies requirements without costing too much coin…

So there was much consternation when it was revealed that the movie studio wanted the car supplied to be extensively modified, both visually and performance wise, to fit their street racer theme! The 230 Xtra Street supplied wasn’t going to cut the mustard stock and the engine was rather small to be screwing large performance numbers from.

Coyote%20230R%20RR
Rear design is meant to emphasise the width of the Coyote on its 255mm rear tyres…

But long standing tuner, Leeroy Custom Solutions, simply said “Hold my beer” and got to work.

The result was the 230R, a 266Kw 2.3L I5 that was RWD, did the quarter under 14 sec, had a massive sound system installed and complied with all the requests made from the movie studio.

The performance parts and visual package would be sold under the Action Express program separately once the full popularity of the movie car was realised by Bogliq HQ!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

13 Likes

*Yes, I know the man’s name. But Van Gasoline sounds so much more American, and I value cultural accuracy in my parodies, darn it! However, I shall stick to the lore as the lore commands.

Meet and greet the 2001 Hugi Rioter Mk2 Lion A&F. After holding a contest to find unfinished restoration projects all over America, Hugi Motors chose a green model living in California. The goal? To serve as a potential candidate for the world-famous Agile & Furious movie franchise.

When Hugi Motors got wind of the casting search, they felt the Rioter was the right ride for a very specific customer; Mr. Tim Petrol. The no nonsense-taking, radical actor was the main inspiration to the modifications done to this particular Rioter, where the objective was to create the perfect anti-hero car in a movie about the tuning culture.

And what better way to do so than with a black muscle car with bigger tires and (an even) bigger engine? The Lion A&F has had most of its body chrome painted metallic black (Hugi’s Brutal Black color), save for the front grille’s outer line, the side trim and the rear fascia. The indicators and tailights were darkened, while the headlights were replaced with retractable units that can be flipped by the flick of a switch. Hugi sourced custom rims to complete the look, and threw in a fake rear spoiler as a comedy bit. Engineers presumably said “it’s the Rice Stick, because it sticks it to ricers”…

Of course, a muscle car is defined by the amount of muscle it has. And the Rioter’s V8, the very same 429c.i. unit that powered the car from factory, has been “massaged” to produce nearly 500 horsepower! This was done by adding a second 4-barrel carburettor to the existing setup, and adjusting the engine tune to run on 98RON fuel.

Much like Petrol himself, this Rioter is loud, stiff and extreme. Apart from the stripes and rear spoiler, everything else is a Lion through and through. You won’t want to trigger nitrous too soon against the claws of this beast!
And since Mr. Petrol striked us as a man of few words because he can’t grasp English too well, we at Hugi Motors will leave you with some numbers to crunch. Crunch your teeth in anger, that is…

8 Likes

Damn. Those hamburger spec ATS cups look so good on this.

Though, you’re like three and a half horsepower away from having 5 extra points so why? xD

The moment I saw those rims, I knew they’d have to be featured. It’s great to have a deep dish rim that can be painted like this, really adds to the brawler look!

Some people like to shoot dishes, I like to shoot my own foot. xD

Joke aside, it was oversight on my part, plain and simple. I got so caught up on being mad over the tire multiplier (because I had tuned my car without knowledge of it, which spiked my price by at least $10k), that I did not thoroughly checked the engine setup.

And wouldn’t you know it, I did managed to break 500hp shortly after my original post. Some fiddling with the fuel mixture brought me there. Thus, quick question to @thecarlover; is it ok to resend my .car file as long as it’s before the deadline? Asking because it’s best to be safe than sorry…

Seeing the opportunity for profit that comes with having a car featured on a high profile Hollywood Blockbuster, Las Vegas tuning company Burlesque Peacock Motorsports, known for their extravagant Sema concept cars, designed this magnificent showstopper. Modified with JDM parts, a Chevy LS1 V8 ripped from a wrecked Corvette, and an aggressive custom bodykit, this car is destined to be a star.

2 Likes

Those angles :sweat_drops:

4 Likes

Nope, to be fair to everyone I’m not allowing a retune for extra points. It’s important to double check things before submitting.

3 Likes

The second picture confused me to no end… I think I just stared at it for about 30 seconds before figuring out what it was

1 Like

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying. Since the rules did not say anything about it, I didn’t want to make the cardinal mistake of sending something which wouldn’t be accepted anyways. It’s a lesson learned…

Yeah, I screwed up how the camera works so I tried to do really extravagant shots to salvage it.

A little less than 1 week to go!

I’m still missing several Round 2 submissions, so make sure to get them in before the deadline!

1 Like

I’m working on it, I just don’t find a correct tuning design who fit with my car lol

No, I’m not sorry for what I’ve done. My discount Wingo is beautiful in every way

12 Likes

PPPPFFFFFFFFTTTT

1 Like

I’ve laugh out so loud that my neighbour knocked on my front door.

4 Likes