Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

Not even close :laughing: You’ll see it sometime. Not exactly soon, but eventually. It’ll fill a market niche for the 40s and 50s.

[quote=“thecarlover”]

Not even close :laughing: You’ll see it sometime. Not exactly soon, but eventually. It’ll fill a market niche for the 40s and 50s.[/quote]

There is hardly anything more obscure than a 1940s Toyota. But as long as the car will fill a RELEVANT market niche I’ll be looking forward to it.

[quote=“Awildgermanappears”]

Not even close :laughing: You’ll see it sometime. Not exactly soon, but eventually. It’ll fill a market niche for the 40s and 50s.
There is hardly anything more obscure than a 1940s Toyota. But as long as the car will fill a RELEVANT market niche I’ll be looking forward to it.[/quote]

Definitely. It wasn’t really relevant IRL, but it can definitely be relevant for many fictional companies, as well as for the tycoon mode when it’s released.

I suppose its not a mid-engined, 4-door Auto Union Streamliner sedan/wagon then. Although that would be equally insane and awesome.

[quote=“Awildgermanappears”]

I suppose its not a mid-engined, 4-door Auto Union Streamliner sedan/wagon then. Although that would be equally insane and awesome.[/quote]

I’m not giving anything away, only that it will have 3 body styles.

[quote=“thecarlover”]

I suppose its not a mid-engined, 4-door Auto Union Streamliner sedan/wagon then. Although that would be equally insane and awesome.
I’m not giving anything away, only that it will have 3 body styles.[/quote]

Could you get any more vague please?

it has wheels.

1 Like

[quote=“squidhead”]

it has wheels.[/quote]

Also doors! And an engine! And believe it or not, it even has a windshield :wink:

1 Like

Something like this then?
imgur.com/XIMrdQA

[quote=“ThomasD1962”]Something like this then?
imgur.com/XIMrdQA[/quote]

That’s an interesting car, but I can’t say anything. Mid engined 1940s car is a good idea, however.

It’d only work on the open beta though due to the fact that mid engine cannot use the ladder chassis.

Well, you say it has doors, wheels, an engine, and a windshield, but does it have fenders and bumpers?

@Madrias: it does!

The Suburban/Avalanche is now available! First post has been updated, and here’s the standalone download:
thecarlover10SUVHuge.zip (1.9 MB)

Please do an Aston Martin style body! :slight_smile:

And not the Aston Martin Cygnet if you do. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Speedemon”]Please do an Aston Martin style body! :slight_smile:

And not the Aston Martin Cygnet if you do. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

This should be easy :wink:

2 Likes

I’m just imagining the struggle of trying to make an engine short enough to fit in that body.

[quote=“rcracer11m”]

This should be easy :wink:

I’m just imagining the struggle of trying to make an engine short enough to fit in that body.[/quote]

In comes the power bulge!

I always liked the lagonda, I never understood the hate some people had for it.
Admittedly reliability was a bit low but that about sums up the uk car industry at the time.
They have 5.8l v8 btw

5.3 actually. But the engine pales in comparison to that interior.
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … terior.jpg

1 Like

[quote=“Awildgermanappears”]5.3 actually. But the engine pales in comparison to that interior.
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … terior.jpg[/quote]

The future has arrived… in 1976 :laughing:

While I can appreciate the sci-fi design of the interior at the time, I’ve never been a fan of the Series II Lagonda. The Series I, on the other hand…
4.bp.blogspot.com/-B5cJWhhFZ8k/T … s1_no5.jpg

2 Likes