TMCC16: Sensible Speed

Unfortunately, they are out of the scope of this challenge. I’m looking for wagons (though the idea of sport MPVs does sound cool).

Maybe if I host another challenge I’ll base it around the Picnic and other cars in the class.

3 Likes

All is well and good, but why is the sportiness stat so low in the priorities?
The stats that count point more towards a big luxury cruiser, than anything sporty.
Automatic, high drivability, high comfort, safety, running costs, nothing sporty so far.

I mean, it’s not a big deal, I just made a car with 74 drivability, 56 comfort and 54 safety, but the sportiness is 3,4…

(the biggest limitation tbh is the trim ET. Aren’t japanese cars supposed to be advanced, and so have a high ET?)

Update on the stats

Update on the stats2

All is well and good, but why is the sportiness stat so low in the priorities?

Because they are supposed to be family cars first, sports car second. Hence, they should also be drivable and comfortable in additional to being somewhat sporty.

I won’t go into details for your stats, but I will say that it’s definitely not sporty enough.

And as for the ET… yeah. I may or may not have typed in the wrong numbers. My test mules got somewhere above 130ET, and I will change the ET limits accordingly. I will also move some of the priorities around to clarify things a little

Nobody said that the car had to be Japanese.

2 Likes

ok,
Now, I have one stupid question - what is “min-maxxed” and how do you determine if a car should be binned because of it? Is it explained in some post? I have tried using the search feature, didn’t really work.

To min-max is to use all sorts of methods to max out ET, price, and other to gain a competitive advantage. However, min-maxing a car often makes the car unrealistic and bad. It may work in challenges with a points scoring system, but not for a challenge like CSR or this TMCC where realism is important.

With that in mind, try to make a car that you think is good, and not a car that tries to use every last ET and budget available.

2 Likes

More changes:

• Looks/Aesthetics, Drivability, and Comfort are now 4-star priorities, while Sportiness and Practicaility are now 3-star priorities.

• ET limit has been raised to 135

• The engine displacent tax table has been updated to give you a better idea of how much the taxes would cost in Automation terms

4 Likes

Soon Knuckle Duster (Radio 1-A) - YouTube

3 Likes

June 1996 Issue - Suisei Tengai Fuji GTR R-VI Special

Narrator:

Speed, power, and refinement. These are the definitive characteristics of a sports car. Since the dawn of motoring, many have tried to achieve all these characteristics, pushing the boundary further with each coming year. But no one was ready for what Suisei had in mind.

In 1990, Suisei the Tengai Fuji GTR R-V0 was launched. It was the definitive, high-performance version of their Tengai coupe. With the power from a twin-turbocharged engine and a sophisticated AWD and 4WS system, the Tengai Fuji GTR R-V0 shattered records and put many in its class (and beyond) to shame.

In 1994, Suisei launched the second generation of the Tengai Fuji GTR, this time named the R-IV. With more technology and finesse, the Tengai Fuji GTR R-IV was faster than ever, breaking the eight-minute mark on the Nurburgring. The car, like its predecessor, is regarded as the pinnacle of Japanese automotive engineering and an optimistic look into what is to come for the world of motoring.

And now, in 1996, the GTR evolves yet again…

…into the Tengai Fuji GTR R-VI.

The R-VI represents a change in direction for the Tengai Fuji GTR. An evolution, if you will. Instead of being a throughbred sports car, the R-VI is tuned to be more comfortable, akin to a European grand tourer. Although the styling has changed slightly over the 1994 model, it retains the parts that make the Fuji GTR the physics-defying monster that it is, including the engine which has been updated this year to make more torque and improve efficiency, as well as the advanced AWD and 4WS system.

However, the R-VI adds more to the already well-equipped interior of the R-IV. Gone are the uncomfortable rear seats of the R-IV, which have been replaced with new seats which have more bolstering for increased comfort. The in-car entertainment system has also been improved, with a new stereo system tuned by Suisei Heavy Industries and satelite navigation as an option.

But what does this mean in practice? Let us hear from Motoharu Keiichi and his road test.

Motoharu:

When the original Fuji GTR came out six years back, it was truly an eye-catching machine. I remember my nephew sitting in front of the TV during the Golden Week, watching tapes of the GTR joyfully like he was in the toy store. There’s just something special about it… From its style and the way it executes its manouvers. It was truly a sight to behold.

That being said, I don’t relly understand why they would name this car the R-VI. We had the R-V0, the R-IV, then the R-VI. Suisei went from the number 5, back to 4, then 6. What happened to 1, 2, and 3? Did 7 8 9? I don’t get it and I probably never will. But that’s just a little nitpick of mine. I’m sure that all the boys out there, including my nephew, would still stick posters of these on their walls nevertheless. I would’ve done the same if I were them.

The biggest difference here I feel, is the ride quality. the previous GTRs were quite harsh, but such a trade-off was worth it for the performance that the GTR offered. This, meanwhile, feels like a magic carpet. Of course, the ride is still stiff and all but thanks to new suspension tuning, the upgraded seats, and the stereo system, the ride of the R-VI is much bearable. Comfortable, even. The R-V0 and R-IV, I would take on a weekend drive. But this, I would drive every day.

Now that the road is somewhat empty, I’m going to step on the gas.

Oh, man! As expected of a GTR, it’s VERY quick. Almost too quick to be just 280PS, I reckon. The noise is a little more insulated, but it will still get you going… Let me do that again after adjusting the boost knob.

Good lord! Yabe! Now THAT’s a monster! A monster from the deep, just like Gamera! Don’t try this at home, viewers!

Now around the corners, it’s feels tight. No understeer, no oversteer. It feels like driving on rails thanks to the AWD and 4WS. Though if you push it far enough, the tail might come loose. You’d really have to force the car before that happens, though. The car feels slightly heavier than the R-IV due to the additional creature comforts and comfort-oriented suspension tuning, but I’m not complaining.

Make no mistake, though. This isn’t a plush boulevard cruiser. This is a supercar that you can drive every day from home to work and back, preferrably through a winding road like this where you can make the most of its handling prowess, or though the expressway when no one’s looking. It’s crazy to even think that a car like this can exist, but that just shows how much these modern computer systems can push the limits of motoring.

Narrator:

With the continuous advancement of technology and commitment to innovate, Suisei has once again set the bar high for performace coupes to come. Only time will tell if companies like Suisei can keep churning out cars like these. With increasingly stringent emissions laws, an ageing population, and the stagnating economy, the future seems uncertain. But what is certain is that as long as the Tengai Fuji GTR R-VI, hope still remains for fast, world-beating domestic cars.

Next month, we will review the latest sports wagons in the market. Tune in to find out which will be crowned as the best sports wagon for this year!

Thank you for watching this month’s issue. See you next month, and as always,
Go Go Drive!

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN!

Countdown timer

Kaizen SC24 by @66mazda

Thanks to @Falling_Comet for letting me review the Suisei Tengai Fuji GTR!

Good luck, and have fun!

sus amongus - hoshimachi sussy

8 Likes

1996 Sakura SilverVale ATX Wagon GTN-4 (SV32)

A Special trim tuned by ATX, the SilverVale GTN-4 is the last model on the SV32 platform, with a Naturally Aspirated 2.6L Inline 6, special front and rear bumpers, and a trim-specific red metallic paint.

5 Likes

Rufus Auto Union is proud to present the refreshed 1996 RAU Vostok Sport Wagon v6, a product of their partnership with new parent company Ishikari Industries.

The Vostok Sport Wagon features the all new jointly developed flagship 220hp 2497cc v6, which offers a 0-100km/h time of just 7.5s and a top speed of 250km/h, all the while consuming only 9.1l per 100km. The straight line performance is complimented by a smooth and supple ride thanks to the RAU front double wishbone and II developed rear multilink suspension setup. With power going to the front wheels, clad in optional sports compound tyres, and gear change controlled by the optional II advanced automatic gear box, the Vostok Sport Wagon is a delight to drive. The tight handling is enhanced by a variable hydraulic power steering system.
Getting past the technical specifications, the occupants will find themselves enveloped in a sumptuous leather interior, with lashings of oak trim accents. Further creature comforts include II’s premium CD entertainment system and air conditioning unit.

The range starts at 18000 AMU for a base spec 1800cc FWD model and peaks at 35600 AMU for a top of the line AWD “Zarya” trim.

With an asking price of just 33600 AMU for this particular configuration, one no longer needs to pit one’s passion for performance against the need for everyday practicality.

4 Likes

Here are the detailed stats for the aforementioned vehicle.

2 Likes

Welcome! You don’t actually need to upload your stats, but you’ll need to send your car to me via DMs for it to count as a submission.

1 Like

Thanks for both the warm welcome and the heads up! I’ll do that shortly (as soon as I get past the new user stage, haha). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums!!

Just out of curiosity, how much HP is that thing pushing?

1 Like

maybe I missed it but does fuel economy matter?

It’s under the Running Costs paragraph, a 2-star priotity.

yes thank you I missed it

Something that may or may not get brought up but wouldn’t it have a space: “TMCC16 - Aruna” for example? (My OCD goes hard :rofl: )

1 Like

Cheers! The engine makes 199.7hp @ 7100 RPM. It could make more, but I really wanted to hit that 40mpg target.

1 Like

Nice work bruh. Im no expert but Im hella impressed by that 40mpg number!!

2 Likes