TMCC29 - Tuna, No Crust! (COMPLETE, RESULTS OUT)

Those too, but they can be remedied with quality in aero and safety and only really start to effect things once you get over 10 years out.

6 Likes

Since it’s gasmea, are red tail indicators alright if I make them indicators in the game?

1 Like

As far as drag goes, using an older body doesn’t seem to influence aerodynamics. It’s the model date and the body’s frontal area that seem to effect it now. I seem to recall Killrob exploiting this during the Camso crossover challenge, using an older, narrower body to cheese more top speed for his entry.

Safety may still be effected by body release date though. I just tested two cars, one built off the 98.4" sedan body from '53 and another with the 98.4" sedan body from '05. With everything about as equal as I could get it, the newer body was 7 points safer (52 vs 45). Though the older body does have 500l less passenger volume, so that may be part of it (car size has a pretty big effect on safety stats in game).

1 Like

I see Gasmea as an in game parallel to the US, and I have done red indicators on my own Gasmean brand so I am happy to allow it.

Also, with the discussion regarding choosing bodies that has been happening, I am still happy to allow free reign when it comes to that choice within reason. These are cars that have been taken from either an already mass produced car or platform, and being made into something sporty that may have not been originally intended for their use, at least in my mind. If you want to do something a bit more akin to an out and out sports car (like a MR2/MRS, GT86/BRZ, etc) it is not barred from the rules but does need to meet the ‘must have’ list in the main body of the thread, but the budget and other important stats may reflect against what that car is trying to do.

I know I am only new to the whole idea of hosting a comp here but I am hoping that this will give a good amount of freedom within the concept of the types of cars I was aiming for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I made a RWD test mule on a two-door coupe body that falls between the wheelbase limits and has 2+2 seating while still falling under the soft (and hard) price limits.

1 Like

I’m actually doing better on practicality with my 2+2 MR machine. I highly doubt I will win, but I’m basically trying to turn an MRS into a grandma car

2 Likes

Is fuel economy included in the approx/service costs?

1 Like

Pittsburgh Automotive

New for 2005: Pittsburgh Stylo LS

Featuring class leading comfort, high fuel efficiency, and RWD for weekend fun, all for $20,600 US.

Also available in AWD for an extra $300 US

Gallery

4 Likes

I’ll just be going of the raw numbers in game of both of those stats.

So fuel economy is totally irrelevant since it’s not listed in priorities? Because that would be game-changing

1 Like

I suppose I can add it into the equation. I’m just not sure if there is an easy way to include it within what the stats in game. I just don’t have any reference on how to include the fuel economy unless there is a base fuel cost, unless I just pick a random ‘per litre’ price.

It can simply be a separate priority with the star rating of your liking. Or you can leave it out, considering they are to be modded anyhow

1 Like

Unless someone can suggest/argue otherwise, I am thinking of making fuel economy a 1 star priority. My reasoning behind it is that these cars are intended to be performance orientated and the owners are understanding that it means that these vehicles are not likely to sip fuel when driving hard, but still would like some economy when driving it in a more calm manner.

1 Like

na since the show mods the cars, the fuel economy wouldn’t matter much imo, i think leaving it as it is better

3 Likes

I think we should include fuel economy! That’s because my entry has 29 mpg and it will make me have a higher score :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fuel economy and service costs go hand in hand with ownership expense. If you are ignoring one, the other probably shouldn’t be a three star priority. Other than that, it’s entirely up to you.

2 Likes

are there any rules against using legacy bodies?

1 Like

I do not have experience with the legacy bodies mod, but going by the general consensus that I have seen in previous comps I’m inclined to say no.

2 Likes

Someone posted a build based on a legacy body set - I don’t think they should be allowed here either.

1 Like

Main reason why many challenges won’t approve legacy bodies is because it is a huge mod that many people does not want to download since many bodies have issues. If those two things does not bother you, you could as well allow them. If they do, you’re not alone…

3 Likes