Top Gear

Devs,

I am not sure how this sounds but thought I would give it a shot.

Below are the contact details for Top Gear, there may be opportunity here for you web site to be publish on their website, the theme of this game should make some pretty interesting conversation with all top gear fans… This would in theory bring more people into the community - More Pre purchases= more Revenue for you hard working guys.

Top Gear Online
General enquiries:

By email/telephone
[editor@topgear.com](mailto:editor@topgear.com) or call 020 8433 3598
By post
TopGear.com, Second Floor A, Energy Centre, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, W12 7TQ

Online advertising:

Contact Bernie Scranney at [bernie.scranney@bbc.co.uk](mailto:bernie.scranney@bbc.co.uk)

Top Gear Magazine
General enquiries:

By email/telephone
[queries.tgmag@bbc.co.uk](mailto:queries.tgmag@bbc.co.uk) or call 020 8433 3598

Letters page:

[letters.tgmag@bbc.co.uk](mailto:letters.tgmag@bbc.co.uk) or write to Top Gear Magazine, Second Floor A, Energy Centre, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, W12 7TQ

Magazine advertising:

Contact Andy Cowan at [andy.cowan@bbc.com](mailto:andy.cowan@bbc.com)

Subscriptions

By telephone
0844 848 9767
By email
[topgear@servicehelpline.co.uk](mailto:topgear@servicehelpline.co.uk)
By post
Top Gear, Building 800, Guillat Avenue, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent ME9 8GU

Top Gear TV Programme
General enquiries:

By telephone
020 8752 4969
By email
[top.gear@bbc.co.uk](mailto:top.gear@bbc.co.uk)
By post
Top Gear programme, Second Floor A, Energy Centre, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, W12 7TQ

I support this idea very much :slight_smile:, you guys should at least give it a go :smiley:

I also agree with this. They may really like this game and with their large audience you will get huge exposure.

Cracking idea! :slight_smile:

All,

Latest email sent to Top Gear producers — Minus the screenshots sent of the game. Hope the promotion brings in more members and revenue for the Devs!!!

Guys,

I thought you would be interested in the latest game in production that is causing a craze around the world for all Petrol Heads. The game, when finished, will bring the most in depth car manufacturing information to the world of tycoon games. The most noted and in depth element to be released in demo form is the engine builder, being top gear you will appreciate the work and effort the development team have already put in to make the game so far to make this as realistic as possible, especially when the development team consists of at most 4 people compared to the highly manned teams of SI Games, Activision, Firaxis Games etc.

To note: I play no part in the development of this game, however think highly enough of it to promote it on the developers behalf. This game is what all the top gear community has been waiting for and a little help in revealing this to your community would go a long way for future development.

Take a look at the below screen shot and links to the game and I hope to see you, Jeremy, Hamster and James registering and becoming a part of the ever growing community of the Automation Game.

Regards,

Alex Baker

Don’t expect much though, I really really doubt they care, they’d probably think it’s for an anorak, which is kinda true. Lately Top Gear attracts more of a 12 years old audience than our proper car guys, few conversation with people who say they’re a ‘fan’ of Top Gear showed it, and they seems to know that fact pretty well, recent episodes does show.

And their website? pretty much the same, they only very occasionally post games that are extremely famous or actually involved with them.

I know that the chances are minimal, however there is always that possibility that it could be picked up by top gear and spoke about. One should always take a chance!

I agree that the show is now more aimed at the younger audience, however it still does not deter the older petrol heads from attending the filming or watching the show. I only ever now watch it when the specials are on.

It will be very easy to see if it succeeds… our site would probably have crashed under the traffic that generates xD

Thanks for putting in the effort Alex, much appreciated!
Cheers!

[quote=“Killrob”]It will be very easy to see if it succeeds… our site would probably have crashed under the traffic that generates xD

Thanks for putting in the effort Alex, much appreciated!
Cheers![/quote]

No problem, lets see what effects this has over the next few weeks / months. If successful and if you can upgrade the server to allow more traffic, i will work on more promotional exercises.

Maybe you should try fifth gear as well. If I remember correctly, they lately showed an item with Tiff comparing the realism in modern racing games to the real thing. Perhaps they would have some kind of interest for this as well…

Cheers for that! Dunno if it’ll generate anything, but worth a shot :slight_smile:

No problem Daffy! Will try other marketing campaigns on my next days off.