Two stroke and 2 and 3 cylinder engines

Hi everyone!
Great game, I checked demo and loved it at first sight :slight_smile: I searched forum, but couldn’t find info, will you make also option to create 2 stroke engines? And 2 and 3 cylinder engines? Since game starts in 1940’s, these engines were in use then. And 3 cyl are still today. Just a suggestion.

Yes, these engine will be added to the game after release.

EDIT: Almost forgot, welcome to the forums! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the forums indeed. How could you search and not find?

Take a look at these:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3886

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=137

They are literally the first topics on the Developer Questions and General Chat forums…

Also, I3s will be in the game by the release.

And welcome to the forums!

Ah sorry, I searched through search in top right corner :frowning: Game is great, you have my support!
Thanks!

I doubt two strokes will happen, But I3s are coming, and I2s are a possibility for later DLC, but not confirmed.

Cool for the I3 and I2. About two strokes, I presume that they are not vital for initial game release, and by my opinion as user it’s ok to initially go without them, because they have completely different mechanics and settings. I also believe that game mechanics should be quite adopted for them (I am web developer, and understand coding problems :slight_smile: ). But many countries produced them, and they were widely present in Europe, so it will be good to take them in consideration, at least in some later revision of game.

The world needs two strokes. Much oel and petrol.

Cars with 2 stroke engines: DKW, Ford (the latest engine in a Fiesta 2 stroke concept with direct injection), Saab, Auto Union, Biscutter…

Cars with hydraulic spring system: Somewhat all the old citroens. Chances of having them in: Not that big.

Of course two strokes have been in numerous car engines. And at some point, I think they should be implemented. But I think the priority lies with many other different things that were either 1. used in cars more than two strokes 2. Add more to gameplay than YET another engine to pick from besides the I3/I4/I5/I6, V8 flat/V8 cross, V6, Boxer etc. etc.

[quote=“WizzyThaMan”]Cars with hydraulic spring system: Somewhat all the old citroens. Chances of having them in: Not that big.

Of course two strokes have been in numerous car engines. And at some point, I think they should be implemented. But I think the priority lies with many other different things that were either 1. used in cars more than two strokes 2. Add more to gameplay than YET another engine to pick from besides the I3/I4/I5/I6, V8 flat/V8 cross, V6, Boxer etc. etc.[/quote]

All old citroën models no: the first was the ID/DS, and tme most luxury vehicles of this brand (like Citröen SM)…
This type of suspension was used by BMC (British Motor Company, no Bavarian Motor Company :wink:) and actually was used by Citroën.

I said SOMEWHAT all old Citroens (Xantia, DS, BX, SM, XM etc. some of them arent luxury cars!)
But you are missing the point im trying to make anyway. Its not about the Citroens, its about the chance it getting in with so many things to do.

As I said in my last post, it’s partly in agreement with Wizzy’s opinion, I know that priority now is getting the game complete and launching, and two strokes have different mechanics and take time. But after priority tasks (and game launch?) I (and many others as I see :slight_smile: ) would really like to see two strokes, so it would be great to make them at some point (as an add-on? game version 2?). So please don’t opt them out definetly :slight_smile:

As for cars used them, beside old Saab (winner of the rally!), you forgot Syrena from Poland, complete East German auto industry (don’t forget Melkus RS 1000, East German version of Ferrari GTO).

Thanks

Of course they wont be opted out. And the devs are really aware of these type of engines and their history. Point is, if the devs wont make it, some modding team probably will. And it does belong in the game, but at a really late state. I think Diesels for example are much more important than a 2 stroke in my opinion.

I was looking for some infos about 2stroke engines, and i found this thread. I’m a big 2stroke fan, because i think is part of the engines history. Try to work and improve a 2stroke system is an art: especially on the cilinder and, of course the Exhaust expansions. I hope one dayt i will see this beautiful and interesting technology…maybe the best technology available IMHO.

Oh god… a corpse raper. 2 strokes may or may not come. The discussion about them is not needed at this point of development.

Thread closed.