UCC – Ultimate Car Comparison – Dad’s Limbo [Review Posted]

[color=#BF0000][size=150]UCC – Ultimate Car Comparison – Dad’s Limbo[/size][/color]

It has seen some testing, now it’s time for the community to enjoy. Everything the community’s been asking for, all rolled into one challenge. The Car Comparison Challenge.

The year is 2011, the Present Day Past. Think about it, what happened in 2011? I bet you can’t think of anything good. To be honest, apart from the lingering feel that’s left from recent economic collapsed, 2011 was a pretty unremarkable year.

Dads have been driving D-Segment cars in the recent past, but, because of the economic slump, everything’s got to be downsized. There’s no point driving big cars anymore. It’s the era of adequacy. Dads don’t really need anything more than a C-Segment car, if it can seat 5 and go 150 (or 110?) on the motorway, just like his big car.

Projected total cost 9,000$-10,000$

[color=#008000][size=150]The Rules![/size][/color]

[ul]
[li] Tech Year 2011[/li]
[li] 1 car per player[/li]
[li] No Badge Mods are allowed, but everything else in the modpack is allowed.[/li]
[li] You can use every body with wheelbase between 2.54-2.71m[/li]
[li] RON 95 Unleaded Fuel Only.[/li]
[li] 3-Way Catalytic Converter or High Flow 3-Way Catalytic Converter required[/li]
[li] 5 Seats ONLY[/li]
[li] LUA editing is strictly prohibited[/li][/ul]

[size=150][color=#008000]How does it work?[/color][/size]

The scoring will be done using a newly developed formula table that has been through a very thorough testing. The concept used is very similar to the one for demographics formula in the game. Courtesy of Leonardo9613

It utilizes the bell/normal distribution, a concept that is widely used in statistics, to represent the behaviour of several natural systems. By calculating the integral of the curve up to a certain point (the area underneath the curve), it is possible to determinate the percentage of items that are before that car. For example, in the old-fashioned IQ tests, if a certain subject had a score of 130, it would theoretically mean that the subject had a higher IQ than 97.8% of the population. This method can be used for comparing cars, because the vast majority are very close to average, whereas the few outliers will get their score accordingly.

In this case, for this challenge, the automatic scoring sheet calculates the standard deviation, the average and all the coefficients depending on the cars tested, therefore the formula only works with more than one car. If, by chance, all cars are very closely matched in a certain area, the sheet adapts itself to have a higher standard deviation value, thus dampening the otherwise very big variations that could follow.

The scoring works as follows: a value of 50 means that the car is perfectly average, 84.1 means that the car is one standard deviation better than average, in other words, a lot better than the class.
The final score is an weighted average of all relevant stats. The weights were set after extensive testing and are set to represent the relevance of each stat for the buyers.

[color=#008000][size=150]Submission[/size][/color]

Use the in game naming system, name your 4 files as.

UCC1-[username]-car-model
UCC1-[username]-car-trim
UCC1-[username]-engine-family
UCC1-[username]-engine-variant

The only bit that is supposed to be different is the [username].

Please, name the files IN THE GAME.
Renaming it in the folder, outside the game causes the name of the game in the game not be the same as the file name itself. And if you’ve named it ingame as something undecipherable, it’s going to be undecipherable. But if you name the files correctly in game, you DO NOT have to rename the files itself. It’s simply is not needed. This is for making both my life and your life easier. Just go through every tab again if you think it’s not saved.

[ul]
[li] In the PM, please include the name and nationality of the car[/li]
[li] You are allowed only 1 revision, either for naming errors or car errors.[/li][/ul]

[color=#008000][size=150]Prize[/size][/color]

There is no prize! Apart from a written review of the 4 best cars. Not many of you know this but I write articles about cars in my free time.

[color=#FF0000][size=150]Deadline[/size][/color]

15th June 2015 11am UTC+2. Or as soon as I get 20 legit submissions, whichever comes first.

[color=#008000][size=150]Submission[/size][/color]

Leonardo9613 - Baltazar Lepton Wagon 2.0 Lux - Brazil
HighOctaneLove - Bogliq Tigress Sport - Moldova
Der Bayer - BAM Limbo 2.0 S - Germany
Elouda - Lightstar Saturn 627TL - UK
NormanVauxhall - ZM Danzig 1.7 Earthline - Italy
mer_at - ME Crassitudine - Austria
trackpaduser - NMC Jackal 1.3 Ecobooscht - Canada
VicVictory - Ardent Sentinel SE - USA
JasonPoland - PolMot Karot - Poland
harizvet1 - Infinity Motor QE50 - UK
Spitfire599 - Spitfire Troposphere B - USA
Pyrlix - B.A.N. Nalter 2.5i CE - Germany
oppositelock - GSI Artemis - USA
Rollarider10 - Mercusa Tahiti GLS - Australia
Trollercoaster - F.I.L. Davleniye 1.9DI - Russia
Kubboz - Cossack 2200 - Poland
BeforeLifer - C.A.N. 2.0 SS - Canada
Tycondero - Astana Cosmos II Deluxe Edition 2.8L - Netherlands
Lordred - LHE Com Star X4G - USA
holoka - Maxim Inturo - Czech Republic

You say no badge mods but didnt mention anything else about other mods, that means that anyone can use any mod available at this time. I only have the community mod pack but will only use the stock Automation badges to pass this requirement.

That said, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss, another challenge!!! WOO!!

That is exactly correct, but if you use any mods by VMO, I suggest you tell me in the PM, or send the mod file you use to go along with the car. I do have most of the mods, but there might be a few that I deleted due to being FPS eating monster of a mod. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification!! I will be back home Saturday so I can start making crappy cars again :smiley:

Znopresk will be there…

I already made my entry, behold the Baltazar Lepton Wagon 2.0 Lux.

Here is a picture of my entry…

2011 Bogliq Tigress Sport

My Dad likes sports luxury so I’ve built the car to reflect that. It’ll be really interesting to see how this competition pans out as, other than a reference to the C segment, there’s not much framework in these rules.

Fascinating! :smiley: :geek: :smiley: :geek: :smiley:

Conan can send the excel file he is using if you ask him nicely.

To make a TL:DR, you must make a very good Honda Civic/Toyota Corolla.

An easy to own, somewhat comfortable, cheap and reliable car.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]Conan can send the excel file he is using if you ask him nicely.

To make a TL:DR, you must make a very good Honda Civic/Toyota Corolla.

An easy to own, somewhat comfortable, cheap and reliable car.[/quote]

:laughing: Then I’ve already lost as I’ve aimed at the Golf but with a BMW twist :laughing:

I don’t need (or want) to see the files as I like the uncertainty; it’s just like what happens in the real world! :slight_smile:

A lot of people wonder what the weighting is like in this. Well, imagine yourself being in 2011. The recession is still ongoing. Dad want a car that is cheap, because he could still get laid off anytime. But Dad also want a car that is easy to own, easy to drive, practical. While the car might be cheap, it must be able to impress Dad’s colleagues, so it must be cool and desirable. And if Dad crash, the kids gotta be safe. Performance is not something Dad really look forward to, as the previous car Dad had was not a Race Car. While comfort must also be rather good, not bone breaking.

Cost is a high weight, while Safety, Desirability and Ease of Ownership are mid-high, Comfort is merely mid and Performance is merely mid-low.

Here the ZM group entry.
The DANZIG 1.7 Earthline ( Gobi Desert metallic grey)

[quote=“conan”]A lot of people wonder what the weighting is like in this. Well, imagine yourself being in 2011. The recession is still ongoing. Dad want a car that is cheap, because he could still get laid off anytime. But Dad also want a car that is easy to own, easy to drive, practical. While the car might be cheap, it must be able to impress Dad’s colleagues, so it must be cool and desirable. And if Dad crash, the kids gotta be safe. Performance is not something Dad really look forward to, as the previous car Dad had was not a Race Car. While comfort must also be rather good, not bone breaking.

Cost is a high weight, while Safety, Desirability and Ease of Ownership are mid-high, Comfort is merely mid and Performance is merely mid-low.[/quote]

:laughing: In 2011 here in Australia it was business as usual thanks to our government’s policies to ensure the GFC didn’t impact local markets. So for a Dad here in Aus, downsizing would have meant up-branding into a Golf, IS250, A3, 3 series or a top end Mazda 6 or Hyundai i40!

I’m not concerned, my car’ll place wherever it places, so things’ll be even more interesting when the numbers are crunched! :smiley: :geek: :smiley:

[quote=“conan”]A lot of people wonder what the weighting is like in this. Well, imagine yourself being in 2011. The recession is still ongoing. Dad want a car that is cheap, because he could still get laid off anytime. But Dad also want a car that is easy to own, easy to drive, practical. While the car might be cheap, it must be able to impress Dad’s colleagues, so it must be cool and desirable. And if Dad crash, the kids gotta be safe. Performance is not something Dad really look forward to, as the previous car Dad had was not a Race Car. While comfort must also be rather good, not bone breaking.

Cost is a high weight, while Safety, Desirability and Ease of Ownership are mid-high, Comfort is merely mid and Performance is merely mid-low.[/quote]

In other words: cheap a$$ family hauler

Yes, it must be cheap. But it must be good in every other department as well. Don’t focus only on CHEAP!

I intend to join the fun :smiley: Cool looking cars so far.

You are right. Cool looking cars so far.

Let me present the “ME Crassitudine”

Well, time to make another Rado. At least this comp. is set in 2011.

One question for Conan. Is the cost of the car between 9,000-10,000 dollars a rule or are you allowed to go over/under budget?

Hmmm…was this added after the start? Because when I originally read the rules, there was no mention of cost at all, and I’m well above that.

Hmmm…was this added after the start? Because when I originally read the rules, there was no mention of cost at all, and I’m well above that.[/quote]

It isn’t stated as a rule, but as projected costs. So that either means a penalty if above or is it actually considered as a rule?