UE4 Open Beta Body + Variant Issues list

Another problem with the '00 Charites body sets is that the 5-door MPV variants all lack provision for a third row of seats, even if they look like they do:

This is quite odd given that the two largest of these body sets in particular (2.6m and 2.7m wheelbases) are most likely to be able to accommodate a third row with up to three seats, full-sized or not.

The MPV version of the second largest of the '93 Jazz/Fit-esque body sets (above, 2.6m wheelbase) also has this problem, although from the look of things, fitting three rows of seats in a body of that size may well be a struggle, to say the least.

Update (23 or 24 June 2023): I just discovered that the Tezda body sets have too little drag - the SUV versions have a Cd of just 0.248, and the mid-engined variants have as little as 0.2, as shown here.

I would prefer it if all of their Cd values were increased by 0.5 or so, to prevent them from being OP for maximum speed builds (especially the mid-engined ones).

4 Likes

Seems like the incorrect thumbnail for this particular car.

4 Likes

I think that bug has been there since i bought the game.

3 Likes

Bodymorphs on 1995 Lambo body are asymetrical

1 Like

Wagon variants of the 10s Villian body at 2.8m wheelbase and up are only showing as 2 door.

3 Likes

The next update this body will be replaced by a new expanded family made by me :wink:

7 Likes

The 4-door sedan variant of this 1975 3.1m body belongs to an entirely different design of car, and the correct non-convertible 4-door sedan in this style is missing. (Edit: I just read the thread above after posting this; it looks like only the thumbnail is wrong and the car body is correct.)

Also, I’ve noticed that none of the Mobula bodies except for the coupes have proper door pillars, and in the 5-door hatchback, the rear edge of the passenger door goes straight up instead of at an angle, and looks ugly and unrealistic. Is this intentional? I can’t imagine they’re all meant to be hardtops.

3 Likes

This should be listed as a 3 door, right?

4 Likes

In the 94_jpn_alt families, the small and medium convertible bodies allow for +2 rear seats in a front-engined setup but the large and extra bodies don’t allow for rear seats.

Smaller bodies should not have more seats, right?

5 Likes

Oh hey, it’s the Fiesta again!

2/3 door variants (sedan, hatch, coupe) of the 2.3 metre Fiesta are limited to just +2 seats in the back, which IMO makes no sense, since the respective 4/5 door variants (sedan, hatch) can have up to 3 full seats, and those have precisely the same size of the cabin. The 2.4 metre family doesn’t have that problem. And as long as I understand the distinction between reduced and full seats correctly, the full ones should definitely fit in the backs of those bodies.

5 Likes

Openbeta is out.

This problem still persists.

Just a reminder, after all I first reported this problem a year ago so it might be forgotten by now :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I mean, it’s a British body, panel inconsistencies are to be expected:p

3 Likes

Well, I think it is more precisely based on a 1953 German Ford Taunus P1, although it does have similarities to a 1954 Ford Anglia 100E 2-door sedan or Prefect 100E 4-door sedan.

The Ellsbury update refers to those body sets (in all sizes) as the '95 Super Wedge - far from the most imaginative name, but very apt considering its profile.

1 Like

Submitted a fix for this this morning, should make the next patch in the open beta.

2 Likes

I submitted a change and simplified these. All the 94_jpn_alt bodies, which should already all be front engine only, now do 2 full rows, except for the smallest convertible hard and soft tops which I set at 2+2.

Should be available with the next open beta update.

2 Likes

Just submitted a change as you suggested, should be available with the next patch in open beta.

2 Likes

Before its overhaul for the Ellsbury update, the '87 Boat body set had a very limited range of sizes (~2.7m and ~2.9m wheelbases) and body styles (sedan and wagon only). There is now much more variety in both of those, though - I’ve seen several other body styles (coupe, convertible, etc) and smaller and larger variants (including one whose wheelbase is well over 3.0m).

1 Like

Although this is not a bug or an issue, I do have some suggestions regarding newly revised Slantnose body with new variants and wheelbases, so please hear me out.

The newly revised Slantnose body with new variants and wheelbases replaced the older model made by TrackpadUser since the Kee days. They are available from 1972 without using Tech Pool in the game, however, I think that the Slantnose body could be available as early as 1957 or 1958 to match with its real-life counterpart as well as the Slantnose body had been used for 30 years with 3 revisions, so here are my replica recreations, using 2.23 m wheelbase targa variant.

1st Generation

2nd Generation

3rd Generation, although I think that front bumper is somewhat too low to recreate 3rd generation model (but I have no problem recreating 1st and 2nd generations), even it does have front bumper morph downwards.

Additionally, I show you the Slantnose engine compartment, in that it could have wider engine compartment as it has problem fitting a SOHC flat-6 engine with a family bore larger than 84.5 mm without upboring engine variants, as the clearance on the side of the engine will be very narrow if a family bore is larger than 84.5 mm in case of 2.23 m wheelbase variants (although I understand that flat engines are wider than both straight and V engines).

Edit: there should be a 4th generation Slantnose with redesigned front and rear ends, although doors, windows and roofs are carried over or shared from 1st to 3rd generations.

1 Like

The chassis being lower than the sills creates a kind of unpleasant visual effect here.

4 Likes