Ultimate FWD Competition THE RESULTS ARE IN!

no reliability requirements?

No reliability, no quality max, no spending limit. Show me what you got.

Centauri has finally entered, with a automatic transmission Luxury Sedan? powered by a 5.1 liter crossplane v8 this hypersedan eats front tires, half shafts and probably torque converters for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and comes back for a midnight snack. For performance reasons (no I’m not kidding) it is fitted with double reverse flow mufflers and a high flow converter making it a legitimate, If insane, choice for actual on road use. If ultimate grade fuel is too hard to find we can modify the engine to accept premium grade for only a 10hp and .2 second loss around the test track. making 812hp at the flywheel and around 730 at the front wheels this is not a car to be taken lightly, the power builds with the revs up to it’s peak at 9400 rpms, but that’s no reason to stop and shift! keep your foot down and our specially tuned kamikaze gearbox will spin the big V8 all the way up to 10,500 rpms.
Guess I’ll also add for reference, this does the lap in 2:10.3

Nice car. Ugly desktop.

You sure we shouldn’t at least have a minimum reliability of above zero? Otherwise suspension of disbelief may he a little difficult…

I’m not going to be near a computer to edit my car till the weekend, if we do need positive reliability would someone be willing to bump my total cooling up.

Is it too late to enter this event? I’d love to shatter some steering columns

Go for it! he’s not doing results till Friday lets get some more wrist breaking torque steer!

[quote=“HighOctaneLove”]

You can own this design in real life! :open_mouth:

Just buy yourself a Mitsubishi Starion from the early 80’s; the JDM only mid 80’s ones even had big flares :slight_smile:

FYI: The Starion was the direct predecessor of the 3000GT (Sometimes known as the GTO) and had a SOHC 4G63T! (Of future Galant VR4 and Lancer EVO fame in DOHC form) :geek:[/quote]

Love the Starion/Conquest, but I did not know about that JDM version. Just looked up a picture and it’s gorgeous.

Let’s not forget jaw-rattling wheel hop…

Oh strop. Your nitpicking always amuses me. Just hang your suspension of belief. I care not for “realism”. That’s a foul word 'round these parts

Exactly. Because our 600 HP FWD V8 cars are realistic to begin with. :laughing:

Only 600? Ha! Peasants :laughing:

Right, then I’ll just be taping up the vents on the car for the salt flats…

Obscure Motorsports-Racing Division is proud to announce their entry into the Ultimate FWD Competition!

In order to provide as much torque steer as possible, we’ve developed a 4.9L V8 that’s good for 814 crank HP (because who cares about WHP? :sunglasses: )

Good luck to all the other competitors! Looking forward to some interesting results :mrgreen:

Curses! My HP crown has been stolen! At least it was taken by a damn fine looking automobile. Love that back view very sporty looking, and cheap to make for this crowd.

aaand i found an extra pocket of power in my engine AFTER the submissions :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I guess there’s always next time…

My only consolation there is that my car is 411 pounds lighter…

(yeah, that’s not going to be enough)

Edit: and of course after dinking around some more tonight, I managed to find another 28 HP… would have only cost me 14 lbs. :blush:

Well I was only able to fit 305’s on my car (which probably isn’t enough for 800+ HP)

But darnit, they’re going to burn up in a fantastic display of sound and fury. :smiley: