-Ultimate Super Saloon- {Finished}

The goal here is very simple. Your company needs a high-performance sedan that is also gonna knock everyone’s socks off.
For example, your competitors are the Audi (R)S6, BMW M5, Mercedes E63 AMG, Jaguar XFR-S, etc.

There are many limitations I’ll add in.

[quote]1. 4 Seats minimum. (5 optional)
2. 400 HP minimum.
3. 20 MPG (US) minimum.
4. Emissions < 100.
5. 0-60 < 5 seconds.
6. Weight > 3300 lbs (1500 kg.)
7. Only Medium compound tires OR Sports compound tires.
8. Maximum $35,000 build costs.
9. Maximum 500 Production Units.
10. Regular OR Premium Unleaded Fuel.
11. Minimum 65 Overall car reliability.
12. Comfort* over* 40.
13. Model year 2015 or less.
14. Sportiness over 25.
15. Safety over 45.[/quote]

You are allowed to post pictures of your car. As usual, you know what your prize is.
PM your cars. I can now take .lua files, so yay. Life is easier for you.
Don’t share information with others. Unless you’re in this next part.
There is a twist. You are allowed to collaborate with one- [size=150]ONE ONLY[/size]- other player to create a single car. If you want, you still can work alone.

You’ll be judged on these credentials.

[size=150]Performance:[/size] (10 Pts.) Self-Explanatory. How fast your car can drive around a track. Will be based off of the airfield track.
[size=150]Economy and Emissions:[/size] (5 Pts.) Because for some reason, people want their cars to have some sort of fuel economy.
[size=150]Price and Production Units:[/size] (5 Pts.) Cheaper is better. Also, the less units, the more you can make, which equals more $$$$.
[size=150]Comfort and Prestige:[/size] (10 Pts.) All rolled into one. Comfort will have more effect than prestige, as it is harder to get more prestige.

Deadline is January 28th.
I want to see a lot of entries for this! Now, let the games begin!

EDIT: If you’re gonna collaborate with another person, please put both company names in the car’s name.

[size=150]--------Entries--------[/size]

[size=150]V10I10ilove10cyl- Mentalist GTSR[/size]

[size=150]VicVictory- 2015 Ardent Iroquois RS-T[/size]

[size=150]nialloftara- Centauri Comet GTZ[/size]

[size=150]Rollarider10- Mercusa Ramses Mk III APEX[/size]

[size=150]doncornaldie- SC-500[/size]

[size=150]Luilakke- Cognoscenti[/size]

[size=150]HighOctaneLove- 2015 Bogliq Patriarch[/size]

[size=150]xABSOLUTIONx- AED Myst[/size]

[size=150]Tycondero- Astana Avenger[/size]

[size=150]ViruTypeR- AMC V8 ZZ-R[/size]

[size=150]ESkuda- Torino[/size]

[size=150]vmo- Montes ZD-R MRP[/size]

[size=150]AshleyBlack- Black Sterling S[/size]

[size=150]onix953- BZ Motors GARIBALDI USS[/size]

[size=150]Razyx- Salo 570 LS[/size]

[size=150]oppositelock- GSI Orcus V[/size]

[size=150]utopian201- Utopia R[/size]

[size=150]Chipskate- Decker Super Special 60th Anniversary[/size]

[size=150]Rossriders- Weiler Lion15[/size]

[size=150]Leonardo9613- Baltazar Basil GTS[/size]

[size=150]Strop, Vosnox- GK-R[/size]

Build year?

What year?

Before 2016. So, 2015, 14, 13, etc.

Entry deadline?

The 28th. So, you have some time.

Fuel? 98 RON Available? Ok i see only 95 Premium.

Oh, yes, I forgot to add: If your car has mods, please send me a link to them in case I don’t have them. Thank you!

Are there any restrictions on quality sliders?

It may (I don’t know if it’s necessary) help if you gave us some indication on how the entries themselves would be scored. Are we getting a mark out of 10? Is there a proportional scale depending on if we hit our targets?

I’ve half a mind to convert the “hero” car I’m making for the Action Movie 2 tournament to something “for production”, but see, I don’t normally do luxury. Or eco :laughing: And even though I haven’t finished tuning the car yet, I imagine that the engine should probably produce a bit less than 1100hp… or not :laughing:

p.s. might wanna put in a safety requirement, because right now, I could happily remove all the airbags, seat belts… etc. etc.

Oh… that’s probably a good idea.

And now thanks to strop I have to look at my already-submitted entry again. :unamused:

Well, I’m sorry Vic, but you know how hard it is to sell mainstream vehicles without 5 star NCAP crash safety ratings or whatever :wink:

I live in a town of triple decker spoilers, multicolored dent-mobiles, and rust. Sooo… :laughing:

Alright fine, lemme amend my prior post…

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m looking at these cars.
To put it nicely, the cars look unique. [size=25]To put it badly, they’re ugly.[/size] [size=10] Just kidding.[/size]

From my boneyard comes the Comet! Last seen in the Ultimate FWD contest, this is a slightly altered version of my previously released production version code named the GTZ .

I think the story behind my entry is best told in the form of… a short story:

“Awwwww but do I have to!?” Stroppy McHorseguy, chief designer of Gryphon Gear, whined, rubbing his face in exasperation at the scribbles of Godzilla on his easel with lots of crosses through it.

“Yes.” Was Dan’s arms-folded reply. Dan may have looked like a mousey sort, but under that diminutive stature and those rodentious buck teeth were a lady of steel. Even knowing that arms-folded mode meant resistance was futile, Strop decided to try anyway, because he never knew when not to.

“But why? It’s a bloat-mobile. We don’t build bloat mobiles.”

“We’re not building it. We’re just engineering the base and you’re designing the shell. Or should I say, re-designing. The rear end doesn’t look executive enough.”

Strop groaned. Precisely the class of car he liked least, what with their (needlessly) luxuriously appointed cabins, with hundreds and hundreds of kilograms of extra weight, sucking in power and fuel and wallowing around the track like a bus. Undeterred by his obvious look of anguish, Dan plowed on: “Besides, you knew this was part of the contract when we agreed to make a bid on the movie stunt car deal. It’s business, and damn good business at that. Do you realise we’re being paid in percentages, not a single sum for this contract? The potential is huge! If you don’t fuck it up, that is.”

Just then, a pair of antlers poked their way through the doorframe. “Yeah,” Cendeer (or just Cen) chimed in for good measure. “Take the job seriously for once.”

Strop flipped the bird at the departing Cen, before pouting and returned to staring at his easel, and dithered with his pen. “Fine. Just email me the specs of the superfluous luxury shit and I’ll find a place to stash it. But so help me there better be a damn good Christmas bonus for this.”

“You’ll get paid,” Dan replied, “If we land the deal. I’ll check on your progress tomorrow.” And with that, she clattered down the stairs again. How she avoided punching her stiletto heels through the holes in the metal grille was a daily marvel.

Between the potential incentive of money if he did a good job, or the potential disincentive of Dan’s stiletto heel up the other half of his ass if he half-assed it, Strop knew which he preferred. It was time to get to work.

Hopefully I can get some time and put in my Centauri Brougham fighting Utopia R and let the rivalry continue (assuming the Comet “replaces” the Brougham)

[quote=“utopian201”]
Hopefully I can get some time and put in my Centauri Brougham fighting Utopia R and let the rivalry continue (assuming the Comet “replaces” the Brougham)[/quote]

The Comet will replace the brougham so I look forward to a continuation of the rivalry. It’s a bit of a different beast however and I do wish now that I had chosen to use the old turbo hellfire straight 6 engine rather then a version of the Invictus CCPC v8 I ended up picking. The GTZ will be a executive level trim with a emphasize on comfortable performance rather than full sport. With stiffer suspension setting, and a uprated engine offset by an automatic gearbox, normal profile tires, and a more relaxed choice of suspension hangings this “midlevel sports package” would attract the same price buyers as a S6, CTS Vsport, or 550i Msport. A more bonkers Comet SS is still in the works.