Used Car Shopping - All Scoring Areas Out!

The cool wall has been updated with 3 new cars!

Now in a dropdown menu, for faster scrolling! :D

New Additions:

• 1992 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
  • 1991 Honda CRX
  • 1992 Lexus IS400
3 Likes

In what is possibly the most ill-advised request… Where does the Renault Espace F1 come in? Can a decidedly uncool body be saved by incredibly cool modifications?

1 Like

How would an Alfa Romeo 155 fit on this scale?

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks lite the Espace never made it to the US (it was going to be sold through AMC, apparently, but was cancelled at the last minute), let alone the F1.

There might’ve been similar vans that give off the same look, though (like maybe the Chrysler/Plymouth Voyager or Toyota Van, to start?). And I will point out that making your car look like it’s been modified aftermarket is an option available to you in the challenge (if one that comes with a penalty).

Also, @Quneitra correct me if I’m wrong, but looks like the same goes for the 155. I can’t find any evidence that said model made it to the US.

2 Likes

Nathan is a complex kid.

Last car, '08 Scion tC

1 Like

Two questions:

1. How come the Maxima is scoring lower than other sedans?
  2. Same question about CRX vs. other coupés.
4 Likes

My guess is it’s old and Nathan thinks it’s fugly

That model Maxima was very popular back in the day…the 4 door sports sedan.

The cool wall has been updated with 1 new car, and one change!

New Additions:

• 2008 Scion tC

Other Notes:

• I decided to adjust the placement of the Lexus IS400, as I think I forgot to consider something when I first put it.
1 Like

The cool wall has been updated with 2 new cars!

New Additions:

• 1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R
  • 1994 Nissan 240SX
3 Likes

I’m guessing vertical placement is related to sportiness, or the perception of it. Towards the top is more luxury oriented cars, and the bottom would be more sports cars and muscle cars.

Actually, Vertical placement doesn’t mean anything on the cool wall; Only horizontal placement matters.

3 Likes

A quick check of the depreciation chart shows that for a model year 1995 car, the remaining value is 8%; therefore, the maximum new cost (in AMU) for such a car would be $25,000 if I am not mistaken. With that in mind, I have a test build or two from that model year that meets all the requirements - although I could make another if it turns out to be unworkable.

Also, I have inferred from the chart that the maximum new price for a model year 1990 car is nearly $30,000, and at the other extreme, the highest price for a model year 2010 car (when new) is just under $14,000.

1 Like

I guess from the placement of the Yaris on the cool wall Nathan watches MCM does he? :^)

As for my cool wall requests, what does he think of the '08 Pontiac G8 and the '03 Pontiac GTO? They’re not exactly what I’m going for but they’re the only real yardstick I’m aware of in the US of Australian car sensibilities.

2 Likes

Do you want us to post a picture here as in CSR rules or just send you the .car file?

You’re welcome to post a picture if you’d like, but I won’t require you to.

For Sale: 1998 Ibis Phoenix
Selling my dad’s '98 V6 Phoenix—cared for and maintained. No frills, steel wheels, stripe package. $2000 OBO

4 Likes

Selling 1998 Schnell L20 SLX
My 16 year old son took my brand new car on a joyride without permission and i am selling this car as punishment.
It has some non-manufacturer approved bits like a titanium exhaust tip, “Clockwise” decals, Stripe livery and some thing at the bottom of the bumper. And it has blacked out non- manufacturer approved hubcaps. It drives and runs. No idea what engine is in it. It says 1.8 DOHC 16V on the engine, i don’t know much about cars. I’m just selling his car as punishment so he knows to not take my car on a joyride and to give him something safer anyway.
Issues: Car feels a bit… Soft due to wear, Cloth seats are very worn, probably due to his friends going into his car and roadtrips with them. Very adventurous guy.
$1500 OBO. NO LOWBALLERS/TIRE KICKERS. And no time wasters. I am busy with my job, i have no time for time wasters.

5 Likes

The cool wall has been updated with 2 new cars!

New Additions:

• 2008 Pontiac G8
  • 2003 Pontiac GTO
1 Like

I would like to suggest the 1994 Toyota MR2, the 1995 Ford Probe, and 1998 Dodge Neon R/T as my additions to your Cool Wall.

And as of now, I am brainstorming other ideas for my entry (including a straight-six premium sedan/coupe and a V8 muscle/pony car), just in case my original plan proves unviable.

1 Like