Various interesting cars I have photographed

Orange County Socal. Pic was taken in some shopping center in La Habra

1 Like

Yeah, I just remember KE70s with questionable styling being all over northern Finland once upon a time, hence the joke, haha.

Im amazed by the fact you’ve never seen one before ESPECIALLY being in SoCal…im in San Diego. I see them every once in a while. Theres actually one that resides on the next block over from me broken down in a driveway. I think whats even more rare than the Allante is the Buick Riatta. You definitely spotted a nice example of one though.

1 Like

Is it cheating when your workmate owns a rather rare automobile? Lol.

5 Likes

what the devil is that thing. It looks like a mouldy egg that spent too long in the southern states

2 Likes

Renault Megane Scenic RX4

3 Likes

ohhh I see the shape now, I’ve never seen that facelift

3 Likes

Ive never seen that, what is it? I also should have photographed the Plymouth Superbird i just saw. I couldnt get a good angle though.

2 Likes

Qvale Mangusta, an early 2000’s Italian sports car powered by a Ford 4.6l V8. Pretty rare car, less than 300 were built.

4 Likes

Wow!!! Less than 300??? I am very lucky to have seen that indeed.

Me and a helper were doing a job at a building in that parking lot and initially when we pulled up that spot was empty. I came out to the van to get something some time later and seen this beautiful black convertible sitting next to the van. I didnt know what it was but I vaguely remember seeimg it in a magazine but i wasnt sure. To my suprise it turned out to be the owner of the business we were working for that day, it was HIS car!! One of his toys apparently, must be NICE :laughing:

2 Likes

The Mangusta’s platform was used as the basis for the MG XPower SV, a short-lived flagship sports car that died out when MG Rover collapsed in 2005. It would not be the first (or last) time an unsuccessful car re-entered production, though.

As for the XPower SV, it didn’t have the build quality, looks, or cachet of its rivals, but at least it had the pace and dynamics to be competitive:

2 Likes

I dont know, if it wasnt for the Fiat esque backside I would be drooling over that

Heron MJ1 from a Museum in Australia

6 Likes

I have some interesting stuff I have seen on different vintage car shows:

Toyota 2000GT

Cool little Saab

Renault Alpine 110

Ferrari 250LM (at the time I didn’t know how special it was so I only took this picture)

Renault Dauphine with itself as a trailer

Cool little Abarth

Microcars, Microcars everywhere!

Alfa Romeo Montreal

BMW 507

This… I actually need a caption for this one

8 Likes

I excuse the picture quality with the fact that I took them around 2000…

bild
bild

…and I let the pictures speak for themselves.

7 Likes

Saw an Isetta this morning :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I just found this Guards Red 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 while on vacation in Seoul:

With the next Boxster/Cayman migrating to a pure electric platform, I’m expecting the six-cylinder 718 variants (especially the GT4 and Spyder, RS or not) to hold their value much better for years to come.

3 Likes