222 hp, 268 Nm, 7600 rpm
Chassis: monocoque, double wishbones all round
Drivetrain: Front-engine RWD, 6-speed manual
General: 1272 kg, 2 seats, 8.1 l/100km :skull:, 24600 AM$

pictures

Sorry for the bad pictures, both me and my laptop are shit at photomode

9 Likes

2020 Swanson 220 GSC

In 2020, Swanson replaced the 200-series with a retro model, looking back to the 50s and late 60s. The AWD-capable SM2 platform was slightly modified for RWD only, and given a smooth, compact but more-spacious-than-a-mini shell.
Anyway, one of the engine options is a rumbly 2.0 boxer 4, revving to 9000 rpm for a decent 230 hp. Naturally aspirated and manually transmitted of course.
The GS trim is a little barebones, but has all essentials. You do have to bring your own tracking device phone, but it should connect smoothly to the screen. Ample customization options inside and out, “full retro” two-tone+ package shown. To put the Sport in GS, semi-slicks are an option.

specs and brightness

8 Likes

I never expected anyone to make a masterpiece out of an older body, but you pulled it off! But what body set did you base it on? Is it one of the '43 Slantnose body sets? I’m pretty sure you did.

Thanks, it’s the 44 Bug body like it’s predecessor
Haven’t done anything serious with the Slantnose…yet :thinking:

FUCK I'M LATE
10 Likes

Submissions Closed

3 hours ago

I got resubmissions from:
@machalel
@yakiniku260

And further submissions from:
@hjuugoo
@Ludvig
@the_aerobirb

7 Likes

Bins and Laptimes

Bins

Yagihara X220 @hjuugoo

(Bin reason: Trim year and Variant year set to 2010 instead of 2020)

The X220 has good service costs and safety, but it also has the worst comfort and drivability, mainly because of the terminal oversteer.

Airfield Lap Times

Lap times are very close this time, with the top 3 under 0,1s and the top 6 just over half a second.

But lap time isn’t everything, so even the cars at the bottom might still have a chance.

Interestingly, the Swanson is the only car running semislicks and 98 fuel. Seems like everyone else wanted to avoid the SVC penalties.

10 Likes

So, I was dq-ed too? I am quite sure that I sent you my car - or dementia maybe slowly kicks in on my side.

You posted an ad, but I never got the car

Crap! Well then - it´s not your fault, but mine. Was a bit busy lately and might have forgotten it despite thinking otherwise.

1 Like

Eek. Well, we’ll see how this goes.

aw fuck me

Also, are you just looking at automation stats? Feels kinda weird… Because I think something like driveability you should be able to test and judge somewhat by driving a car in beam yourself. (Also kinda bugged by a bin due to something that, if not putting me at a disadvantage, doesn’t improve my chances… but rules are rules, I guess)

Very few Challenges will use beam for judging unless explicitly stated.

Automation stats are a more balanced and even affair over the board compared to subjective Beam testing.

1 Like

Not everyone has access to beam so unless said otherwise, only automation stats are used. Wring year is a pretty common thing to bin for, it happens to the best of us.

2 Likes

Wow! So close! :open_mouth:

Round 1

This are the cars that have big issues and/or weren’t good enough.

Hanekawa Mocha S 120 (83.5 points) @izak

• Lap time: 1:31.64
  • 0-100 km/h: 6.53s
  • 20m radius: 0.791G
  • 200m radius: 0.770G
  • Power: 198hp
  • Weight: 1075kg

The Mocha is the slowest car and also the one with the lowest score. Acceleration is not that bad, but cornering is the worst of all cars by some margin. Other than performance, it has the lowest sportiness and reliability, and safety is pretty bad too, which is expected for a car this small. It’s not all bad though, it’s one of the cheapest entries and it has good comfort, along with the best drivability.

As for the design, I’m not a fan. It’s cute, but the front would look better with a plate to fill the empty bumper; and as cool as the tail lights are, they are too small and leave the rear too empty.

Roamer Art 3600N (104.4 points) @Mausil

• Lap time: 1:28.24
  • 0-100 km/h: 5.93s
  • 20m radius: 0.939G
  • 200m radius: 0.912G
  • Power: 260hp
  • Weight: 1663kg

Where do I start with the design of this one. It doesn’t pull of well the two tone coloration, and the DeLorean looking metallic panels don’t help the case. The design itself isn’t great either: the scoop looks out of place, the massive rear bumper with a single tiny reversing light is almost comical, and it has a grill over the headlights for some reason?

On the engineering side, performance is unremarkable although it’s kinda slow. Sportiness is ok, while reliability and safety are pretty good. However it also has high SVC as well as terrible comfort, enviromental resistance and fuel economy (12.9L/100km, the worst of all cars). Considering that the Roamer uses the full budget, this stats are not enough.

Nessa Marz 1.6 RS (104.9 points) @z2bbgr

• Lap time: 1:22.70
  • 0-100 km/h: 5.22s
  • 20m radius: 0.995G
  • 200m radius: 0.995G
  • Power: 265hp
  • Weight: 1309kg

Next we have the first car with a lap time in the 22s. The Nessa Marz is fast and agressive, it trully looks like a track car, although that rear wing is a bit too much. Other than that, the lower headlights are a bit weird but overall it looks nice.

Thanks to having four full seats and a rear hatch, the Marz is pretty practical, while performance, safety and drivability are also good. The main issue with this car are the service cost at $2110 as well as the low reliability. The latter comes from not using quality, it’s usually a good idea to save some budget to spend on better quality.

Kiyume KS 2000 (107.5 points) @machalel

• Lap time: 1:22.97
  • 0-100 km/h: 5.26s
  • 20m radius: 0.990G
  • 200m radius: 0.936G
  • Power: 306hp
  • Weight: 1334kg

It’s not a bad looking car, but it’s nothing special either. It would probably look be better if both the headlights and the tail lights were further out

While performance is pretty good, the rest of the stats of the Kiyume are nothing special. With high service costs and purchase price, this car needs something more to stand out from its competition.

Lydiard 180CS (116.6 points) @the_aerobirb

• Lap time: 1:27.86
  • 0-100 km/h: 5.36s
  • 20m radius: 0.851G
  • 200m radius: 0.821G
  • Power: 177hp
  • Weight: 838kg

With the best reliability and service costs of all cars, as well as good fuel economy, the Lydiard 180CS might seem like a good choice for just $23300. However, the medium tyres it uses to get those low service cost really hurt it’s performance. Acceleration isn’t bad, but cornering leaves a lot to be desired. Being so small it also struggles with safety, comfort and practicality; as well as being the hardest car to drive if we ignore the bins.

I wasn’t a fan of the design at first, but it’s grown on me over time. It’s looks cute and sporty at the same time, but a bit more detail would have been nice.

12 Likes

WHAAAAT omg I made it to round two! Some good lookin cars in there too, wow!