Weekend Warrior C-Spec - [DONE]

Bro thinks he builds a veiona every month

3 Likes

tbh its better to spread out ur passion builds so you keep working on it for a while and refine it, i guess there’s no set ‘time’ but as long as you’re satisfied with it, should be good.

i think everyone should have that one car they keep coming back to, to keep refining again and again and have something they’re really proud of at the end of the year (imo)

this one particularly i wasnt quite too satisfied with it, but its ok enough, this vescaya took me… if you put 3hrs avg everyday, maybe 1.5 weeks? (a lot of it is just staring at it lol), cuz i was also working on setting up AGC, then the CSR, CSC and TEV cars lol (or else you get burnt out)

veiona took maybe 4-5 months, vurai around 3(?) months, vanoira 5(?) months, and
vienetti maybe 2 months (with ivan’s help!!!) lol, and all these projects were pretty hardcore and burnt me out (after and during), and there’s a LOT of design blocks/dead weeks and complete re-designs. BUT… it’s really fun and super satisfying to get your imaginary design into something real (finally), but yeah u really need to pace it out :joy:, and most of the time its really just staring into it and trying to decide what to do.

if you really wanna know, this is the previous version vescaya (2022-ish?), which i originally planned to enter with, but i wasnt too satisfied with it since it was too ‘tall’ looking and not low-slung or sleek enough.

Viettor Vescaya (2022) OG Forum Link

also, nah im not the best engineer so yeah not surprised at the results at all :joy:, and also to previously someone who asked for the tire textures - someone sent me the base texture and im not allowed to redistribute it lol sorryyy

4 Likes

Just some average designer god with shit engineering skills

5 Likes

Never thought about it the way you do. If I spend a day on engineering, a day on the design (and a day for interior if it’s required) then I’m usually done. After submission I tend to never mess with that car again :sweat_smile: I wonder when that day comes when I dig out an old build and refine it :thinking:

2 Likes

It’ll happen naturally when you experiment and learn new techniques or have eureka moments and want to try something. It’s a lot of hit and miss, sometimes you spend hours on something and then end up trashing it.

vroom vroom ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

ROUND 3

Just the top 9 left. In these round I’m reviewing cars that got close to the top but had some issues preventing them from getting into the finals.

9. Ultimus UX - @thpethalk

• Lap time: 2:21.15
  • 0-100 km/h: 2.13s
  • 100-0 Distance: 31.1m
  • Downforce: 2364kg
  • Top Speed: 315km/h
  • Power: 1035hp
  • Weight: 1497kg

The Ultimus has a balance of good and bad stats. It has the highest prestige and safety, but it also has the longest braking distance and the second lowest top speed. Drivability and SVC are also good, the latter thanks to using sports tyres instead of semi-slicks or racing hards, which really hurts it’s performance.

As for design, it’s way too busy. If you look at the best designed cars, everything looks like it has a purpose, but it here it feels like you put winglets everywhere and hoped it would work. It would have been better to keep it simpler.

8. Zephorus Z - X R - @Riley

• Lap time: 2:19.81
  • 0-100 km/h: 3.08s
  • 100-0 Distance: 26.9m
  • Downforce: 2484kg
  • Top Speed: 365km/h
  • Power: 823hp
  • Weight: 1076kg

The Zephorus Z - X is an old friend from the original Weekend Warrior. There I praised it’s wild design, but it’s not that radical compared to it’s competition this time. That’s not to say it’s a bad design, it’s still one of the best ones. The attention to detail of the regular version is still there, while the new aero package tells you at a glance that this is the “R” trim.

As for stats, it’s not the best at anything, but it also doesn’t have any real weaknesses. Braking distance, drivability and reliability are all good; but on the 4-Star priorities it only gets a high score in design.

7. Metalwagen WWC - @moroza

• Lap time: 2:03.54
  • 0-100 km/h: 1.93s
  • 100-0 Distance: 28.1m
  • Downforce: 2475kg
  • Top Speed: 389km/h
  • Power: 2256hp
  • Weight: 1245kg

The design of the Metalwagen lives up to it’s name. It’s a good design and it has personality, but I’m not sure the metal livery really fits the brief even if it looks pretty sick as a race car. I’m taking points away for the mohawk though.

It’s very fast, and has decent prestige and drivability. However it has the worst reliability and it’s almost tied for the worst SVC. There’s a car in the finals with similar problems but overall better stats, so I can’t help but think that the biggest issue of the Metalwagen is being a 1998 car.

6. Apex Summit - @karhgath & @GAlexZilla

• Lap time: 2:09.98
  • 0-100 km/h: 2.02s
  • 100-0 Distance: 29.7m
  • Downforce: 1948kg
  • Top Speed: 390km/h
  • Power: 1577hp
  • Weight: 1317kg

With it’s slick and simple design, the Apex slips into 6th. Maybe too simple though, some badging and a good rear wing would have helped making it look less bland. It’s not bad, but it could be much better. I also get Speedtail vibes, and while I like that car, it’s not what this challenge is about.

Engineering is pretty impressive. You somehow managed to get this far with semi-slicks, but to be honest I still think you should have gone for a more agressive tune. All stats are pretty good with the exception of sportiness, the lowest of any car. You get the highest comfort in exchange, but is it really worth it? No.

I think the Apex has a lot of missed potential. Had you used racing tyres and sacrified SVC and comfort for more sportiness and speed, you might have made it to the finals.

5. Accurate R70XX - @fabiremi999

• Lap time: 2:14.25
  • 0-100 km/h: 1.97s
  • 100-0 Distance: 27.8m
  • Downforce: 2222kg
  • Top Speed: 376km/h
  • Power: 1052hp
  • Weight: 1402kg

Barely missing on the finals is the Accurate. Design is mostly good, specially at the front, nothing bad to say there. The back however is not as good. I absolutely hate the exhausts, which are pretty hard to miss since they surrounded by a golden circle. The taillights also have too much going on, you should have gone for something simpler like at the front.

Stats are good, really good in fact. It has high scores across the board, with comfort beign the only bad one, but no one really cares about that. Lap time is a bigger issue, it’s not that bad, but at this point you need something better to place higher.

I thought about taking this car to the finals, but it was never going to compete for the win so I left it here. If it had a better design or a better laptime, it might have done better but as it is the remaining cars are a step above.

The finalists are:

@iivansmith & @chiefzach2018
@kookie
@Xepy
@KSIolajidebt & @Tsundere-kun

15 Likes

There are people that love the exhausts and there are people that hate it. :man_shrugging: You, our host, happen to hate them :sweat_smile: Someday I might come back to this car and try to refine it.

I would most likely get a faster laptime with a more powerful engine and a lighter car. If i went for a 3-4 Litre V8 Twin turbo engine i might get more horsepower and way less weight out of it. But I wanted an engine with extremely good responsiveness.

4 Likes

Well, considering the whole project was a rushed job on our side, 6th place is pretty good actually! If I had a few more days of tuning the engineering, it would have been better - it was rushed in 2-3 nights only. I am sure GAlex feels the same on the styling.

Also, using semi slicks was a challenge I wanted to take on, so again, happy with the results. Just did not have time to convert the 20+ comfort into performance :sweat:

Thanks dani for hosting and good luck to the finalists!

2 Likes

Considering it was submitted on the last minute I thought that might have been the case

@karhgath and @GAlexZilla it looks incomplete, but as a base design it’s stunning; my favorite of all the ones here including my own.

I tried every variaton of tire type and the sport compound ended up running the fastest lap time for some reason. All the aero bits in the nose section are actual functioning aero that was supposed to mimic the layered front wing in current F1 cars.

I am Malenia blade of Miquella and I have never known defeat ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

FINAL ROUND

Welcome to the top 4, only the best of the best left. These cars are extemely close to each other and I’ve changed the placements multiple times. I could just do a 4 way tie, but I’m not a coward.

If you made it this far you should be proud even if you aren’t the winner. With that been said let’s start the ranking.

4. Norton CA-X - @kookie

• Lap time: 2:09.79
  • 0-100 km/h: 2.62s
  • 100-0 Distance: 26.9m
  • Downforce: 2473kg
  • Top Speed: 466km/h
  • Power: 1466hp
  • Weight: 1236kg

Being the slowest and least prestigious car in the finals, the Norton takes 4th place. Like every other entry in this round, it’s very expensive to service, although it’s more reliable than the top 3. Stats are good overall, with top speed the highest of all entries at 466km/h.

I love the modern can-am design, the topless cockpit makes it stand out from the competition. It’s detailed and looks aggressive while still beign a believable design. Great concept and great execution, it gets a 10 in design.

It’s a great car, but to be honest laptime is a bit dissapointing considering its top speed.

3. Aerostar Dracosphero Straße GTR - @KSIolajidebt & @Tsundere-kun

• Lap time: 2:05.14
  • 0-100 km/h: 2.52s
  • 100-0 Distance: 27.8m
  • Downforce: 1837kg
  • Top Speed: 411km/h
  • Power: 1808hp
  • Weight: 1190kg

Third place goes to the Aerostar. Very high score in the top priorities and the second highest top speed compensate it’s mediocre drivability and terrible fuel economy. I haven’t mentioned the latter in any car because it’s not an important stat, but at 37.4 L/100km (about 6.3 US mpg) I had to at least mention it.

Design is great too, very aggressive and detailed. The head lights and tail lights are beautiful and give the Aerostar a distinct look. While writing this review I just noticed that it has fangs, that’s really cool, combined with the matte green colour it looks like a snake looking to devour it’s next prey on the track. 10/10.

A really good car, but it doesn’t reach the same heights as the two remaining entries.

2. Zacspeed Zenith Pro - @iivansmith & @chiefzach2018

• Lap time: 2:03.89
  • 0-100 km/h: 1.99s
  • 100-0 Distance: 28.5m
  • Downforce: 2207kg
  • Top Speed: 382km/h
  • Power: 1900hp
  • Weight: 1374kg

Fast, prestigious and good looking. The Zacspeed is an amazing car with high stats all across the board, with the exception of reliability. It’s not the best at anything, but it gets close to it on a lot of stats.

Do I even need to say anything about the design? It’s absolutely amazing, it has so many details that you could probably fool someone into thinking this is a render of an upcoming real car. My pictures don’t do it justice, go look at the ad higher up in the thread and you’ll understand why this deserves a 10 if not more.

I really like this car, but the low reliability hurts it. With how competitive the field is this time, just one bad stat can take the win away from you.

1. Tristella Pellegrina MM - @Xepy

• Lap time: 2:04.56
  • 0-100 km/h: 1.94s
  • 100-0 Distance: 28.5m
  • Downforce: 2394kg
  • Top Speed: 397km/h
  • Power: 1916hp
  • Weight: 1397kg

And in first place is the Tristella. Once more, high scores all across the board. Being front engined it has a lower sportiness than the other cars in this round, but it’s also easier to drive. What actually takes the Tristella over the previous entries is having some comfort while matching the rest of the stats. Sure it’s not that high at 10.7, but it’s something.

Unlike the three previous cars, it doesn’t get a 10 in design. I personally think that the rear wing is a bit too tall and it could have been done better. Other than that, it looks great. The triangles on the splitter and the wing support are a nice touch.

A great car that makes some small compromises while still having very good stats. Other cars might be better at certain things, but when looking at the overall package, the Tristella Pellegrina MM is the ideal weekend warrior.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

This was a fun challenge to host, a lot of very nice entries. That being said, I’m still surprised at the amount of bins even after allowing some of them to be fixed.

I already have plans for D-Spec, expect it to come out shortly after the supercharger update. See you soon, now if you’ll excuse me I’ll go back to playing Elden Ring.

19 Likes

now this is epic, congrats to everyone who placed, super fun challenge

3 Likes

Oh dang didn’t expect that.

Was definitely a fun challenge to do, with the balancing of what stats to keep while getting trying to get it to go as quick as it can and getting to design a crazy track package for that. And yeah, the wing on it is ridiculous but the bird needs its wings.

4 Likes

Congrats for the finalists and the winner! I feel like this is the best competition ranking I’ve got so far, considering all the challenges I’ve ever participated, which I went pretty bad in general. Out of 26 cars, I was ranked 13th (despite seven of the cars were eliminated), which is the end of the first half, so I would say that I’m quite satisfied with this challenge. And if I did a small improvement in my design that took me too long to realize about, I’d be ranked maybe even higher. That was a fun challenge after all, thank you for hosting! See you after the supercharger update!

Interesting

Well done to everyone & congrats to xepy, glad to see it was a tight battle at the front end.

Great challenge sir Dani. :wink:

5 Likes