Weekend Warrior C-Spec - [DONE]

Weekend Warrior C-Spec

cpr-03-05-junejpg_1670660566

Original
B-Spec

Brief:

Our customer this time is Nico, a retired F1 driver. Even though he’s not a profesional driver anymore, he still seeks the thrill of pushing an extremely fast car to its limit and is looking for a new hypercar to use on trackdays.

Rules:

Trim:

• Model year: Free, Trim year: 2020
  • Car doesn’t need to be road legal, but wipers (if you have a windshield), headlights, tail lights, brake lights, indicators, reversing lights and mirrors are still required.
  • Tyre profile: Minimum 35
  • Hard Slicks are the only racing tyres allowed.
  • Maximum tyre quality tyre: +5
  • Interiors: Won’t be judged, but a simple one is recommended for topless cars.
  • Racing parts are allowed
  • Dowforce: Maximum 2500kg at 300km/h combined front and rear (negative downforce will be ignored)
    There’s a bug where the car rolls over if you have too much cornering speed no matter how much downforce you have. This makes your car have 0 drivability, but since you can see the actual stat in advanced settings, we’re going to ignore that warning.

imagen

• Seats: At least 2 full seats
  • Legacy and open wheel bodies are banned
  • Advanced settings are allowed but be sensible
  • Max SVC $25.000
  • Max price: $200.000

Engine:

• Family year: Free, Variant year: 2020
  • Fuel: Unleaded 100 or Ethanol E100
  • Loudness: 80 maximum
  • Emissions must pass WES8
  • Racing parts allowed
  • No V16 engines, I don’t have the DLC, sorry

Other:

• Techpool: everything at +5
  • No negative quality
  • Even though the trim year is 2020 that doesn’t mean you have to make a modern car, that rule is there to give everyone access to the same technology. I recommend keeping it late 90s or newer for this one though.
  • CSR level realism is not necessary, but make something that could exist. I will punish cars that cheese too hard.
  • If you have any doubts feel free to ask either in the thread or my DMs.

Priorities:

:star::star::star::star:
Ellisbury Grand Prix Lap Time
Although it won’t be as fast as an F1 car, it has to be very fast over a lap.

Design
Not only does it have to be fast, it has to look fast too.

Prestige
Nico doesn’t want just a fast car, it also has to impress everyone.

:star::star::star:
Acceleration
A fast 0-100km/h time makes it more exciting.

Braking
Similar to acceleration. A good 100-0km/h can be even more impressive.

Sportiness
A track car should be fun to drive, no point in buying one otherwise.

Safety
A car this fast could get into a nasty crash, make sure it’s as safe as possible.

:star::star:
Top Speed
Not as important as lap time, but it should be fast on the straights.

Drivability
Nico might be past his prime, but he’s still better than most drivers.

Reliability
Not expected to be amazing, but it would be nice if the engine didn’t need to be repaired after every trackday.

Service Costs
The car is very expensive and service costs will be high too, but try to keep them as low as possible

:star:
Comfort
This cars aren’t designed with comfort in mind.

Fuel economy
Not too important, but lower is better.

Price
The budget is big and you’re encouraged to use all of it. That being said, if you can make something as good for less money, you’ll have an advantage.

Inspirations:

McLaren Senna GTR

Bugatti Bolide

Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro

Pagani Zonda R
Large Image_8061

Ferrari FXX
ferrari-fxx-auction-port

Ariel Atom V8
450_1000

Submissions:

• Model name: WWC - your username
  • Trim name: Free
  • Family name: WWC - your username
  • Variant name: Free
  • Submissions will open on Monday, 8th July at 00:00 CEST
  • Submissions will close on Sunday, 28st July at 23:59 CEST
  • You need to submit your .car file to me via forum DMs and post an ad in this thread.
  • One resubmission is allowed.

Changelog:

Open
  • Ariel Atom V8 added to the inspirations
  • Maximum tyre quality is now +5
  • Wipers aren’t required if you don’t have a windshield
  • A simple interior is now recommended for topless cars
  • Budget, SVC and downforce limits have been increased
  • Emissions lowered to WES8
17 Likes

All the shown inspirations are closed-wheel, closed-cockpit ones, what about ones closer to F1?

280px-2009_Tramontana_R

Tramontana

KTM X-Bow

Ariel Atom 4

9320b9d1a78f9778c1f32aa10454466657e142fa_2_690x388

Superlite Tango 175R

1 Like

The BAC Mono was on the inspirations before I remembered it is a single seater, so those would be allowed too.

I’ll add the Ariel Atom V8 to the inspirations.

Helll yea

Atom and the radical open cockpits don’t exactly have windshields to have wipers be attached to them?
so a slight clarification on that front would be nice.

This is what the original WW would be like if it were for extreme track-only hypercars.

Does this mean other non-race tyres are allowed? Or are we just allowed hard race slicks?

Cars without windshields don’t need to have wipers.

Correct. All road tyres are allowed, but hard slicks are the only legal race tyres.

I’ve made a couple of changes to the main post, so remember to check the changelog.

1 Like

Is this combined front and back, or just either end?

From several mules, the posted inspiration cars seem way out of budget and service cost than what is stated in the rules. I recommend either greatly increasing the max budget and service cost, or allowing techpool perhaps.

Combined

I thought the budget was a bit generous, but if more people agree I could make it higher. How does $170k sound?

To me personally it kinda depends on what cars you’re looking for, if you want hypercars like the Bugatti Bolide, Valkyrie AMR Pro or McLaren Senna GTR, then you’d probably want to increase it or allow techpool. Otherwise, “supercars” like a Ferrari FXX, Pagani Zonda R or an Ariel Atom could fit in the existing budget.

4 Likes

After some discusion, I’ve increased budget to $200.000, SVC to $25.000 and max downforce to 2500kg at 300km/h.

There’s a bug where the car rolls over if you have too much cornering speed no matter how much downforce you have. This makes your car have 0 drivability, but since you can see the actual stat in advanced settings, we’re going to ignore that warning.

imagen

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen people talking about front-mid engine sports cars, so I will add some, to see if we’re able to build something inspired by these or not.

Dodge Viper ACR Extreme

Aston Martin Vulcan

Ford Mustang GTD

Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1

5 Likes

If anyone is interested/skilled at 3D, I’m cooking up something and severely lack the skills necessary to do it. I still haven’t decided if this is what I’m going with in the end but if you are interested I can show some pics

Good idea! May I suggest to add also this, as the year range is late 90s-20s?

Ferrari 599XX

5 Likes

I forgot about this one, but this is also a great example.

Small update to the rules that I forgot to add last time: only WES8 is required for emissions now.

How do we measure the downforce when we have active wings?

I think that might not be a bug, but a symptom of narrow track width and high center of gravity rather than low downforce. I found it totally possible to not get that warning, and satisfying to pull off. But if you don’t want to set a high tuning skill floor to make a legal car then that’s understandable.