Weekend Warrior C-Spec - [DONE]

So, front-mid engine cars are not allowed in the competition? Because it seems there is none in the list of inspirations, even if I suggested some of them few days ago and more changes happened to the competition.

It’s to do with the downforce not actually pushing the car into the ground, automation still calculates it as if it doesn’t have downforce, only that it should pull x amount of Gs, and often anything over 2.5 will make the car rollover because of centre of gravity being too much.

1 Like

I do not see anything against those either, they fit the brief, so I would not have any hesitation in sending a front engine car if I was not collabing

1 Like

Use the green lines, if you have active aero.
imagen

Front engined cars are allowed (and rear engined too) I just didn’t think it was necessary to add them to the inspirations. Usually for forum challenges if the rules don’t say it’s banned then it’s allowed.

4 Likes

I see. If it’s a known error in the calcs then disregard what I said. I just assumed from irl physics that downforce wouldn’t be the first choice remedy against roll over tendencies in general. But if it’s completely ignored then that’s a different story of course.

can we have a hint for what means a very fast lap time? 2.xx minutes? Less than 2 minutes? It’s been a while since I built a very fast car here and I don’t have a clear idea of what should I look for.

1 Like

Faster than the other entries. I score cars relative to each other, so the fastest gets the highest score in the stat and the slowest gets a 0.

If you want something more specific you should ask other competitors what times they’re getting.

2 Likes

Submissions are open

You have until the 21st of July to submit your entries.

5 Likes

2020 Crowley Hawk Speed Twelve

Building upon the brand’s previous projects, the Hawk is bigger, better and faster than any Crowley ever before. Two of the Super Six engines come together at the crank to form the Super Twelve, an 8.3 litre naturally aspirated monster, which produces 1033 horsepower. The car itself is built on a carbon fibre monocoque, with the body made of the same material. A sequential transmission, carbon ceramic brakes, Avum slick tyres, pushrod suspension and a high-downforce aero package are all equiped to ensure the best track times, as well as driver enjoyment.

22 Likes

Does this refer to the actual performance of Beamng or the results of the automation simulation?

The Automation simulation

Can some one or a few of you mention lap times? i don’t know what is even quick for a lap time, I’m sure i wont be the fastest but i don’t want to think I’m quick and be 45 seconds slower haha

so far ive seen around 2:30 being considered decent

2 Likes

My current grade for the street version is 2:27.95

1 Like

Zephorus Racing Design

Presents

Z - X R

Video Demonstration

|Ellisbury GP Time: 2:19.72|
|Launch Control|
|0-60 in 3.1s|
|Top Speed 227mph|
|Active Front and Rear Aero|
|Active Dampers|
|Full Carbon Tub and Shell|
|3.20g Max|

Gallery

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Actual model may change in final submission.

32 Likes

Me when I see an entry from @Riley :

16 Likes

At what point did max downforce go from 1000 to 2500 kg? Is this the number we should use now?

I recommend everyone rereading the post now that the rules are final. Or at least the changelog.

2 Likes

E100 or ethanol 101AKI because E100 is 124AKI

E100, 100% ethanol fuel is pretty common for race cars and track cars.

1 Like