Weekend Warrior - [DONE]

WEEKEND WARRIOR

Brief:

Paul is a 57 year old bussinesman with an interest in motorsports. He thinks his life is too boring right now, and wants to go racing to spice it up a little.

However, he doesn’t have the money or time to go racing, so he plans to buy a sports car to use on track days and maybe take it for a cruise on some winding roads on the weekends. Paul doesn’t have a preference for any type of car, it could be a light and nimble machine or a top speed monster with a huge engine.

Basically, build a road legal track car for a man in a mid life crisis.

Rules:

Trim:

• Model year: Free, Trim year: 2020
  • Car has to be road legal: Wipers, headlights, tail lights, brake lights, indicators, mirrors and a three-way catalytic (normal or high flow) converter are required
  • Interiors: Won’t be judged
  • Dowforce: Maximum 150kg combined front and rear on the test track screen (negative downforce will be ignored)
  • Seats: Free, but there will be a penalty for having only one
  • Legacy and open wheel bodies are banned
  • Advanced settings are allowed but be sensible
  • Max price: $70,000

Engine:

• Family year: Free, Variant year: Free
  • Fuel: Unleaded of any type (penalty for 100)
  • Loudness: 60 maximum
  • No V16 engines

Other:

• Racing parts are allowed but will have a $300 penalty for your svc per part
  • Techpool: everything at +5
  • Even though the trim year is 2020 that doesn’t mean you have to make a modern car, that rule is there to give everyone access to the same technology
  • If you have any doubts feel free to ask either in the thread or my DMs.

Priorities:

:star::star::star:
Performance
Performance is everything for a track car. This will take into consideration ATT lap time, acceleration(0-100km/h and 80-120km/h) and power to weight ratio.

Sportiness
The car should be fun to drive, there’s no point in taking a boring car to a track day.

Safety
If you go fast a bad accident is more likely to happen, so the car should be as safe as possible.

Service Costs
Track cars need constant parts replacements, if the costs are too expensive, Paul will only be able to afford a couple of track days a year.

:star::star:
Drivability
Paul is not a professional racing driver, he needs something that’s not too hard to drive.

Comfort
Paul is not that young anymore so try making the car as comfortable as possible.

Reliability
It would be really annoying to lose track time because the car keeps breaking down.

Styling
While speed is the most important thing here, nobody wants to spend so much money on an ugly car.

:star:
Fuel Economy
This is a sports car that isn’t going to be driven everyday so fuel economy is not expected to be great, but the lower the better .

Value
He doesn’t mind paying more for a better car, but the price has to be justified when compared to the competition.

Inspirations:

Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Lamborghini Huracán STO

Aston Martin Valkyrie

Zenvo TSR-S

Alpine A110 R

Caterham 7

Submissions:

• Model/family name: WW - your username
  • Trim name: Free
  • Variant name: Free
  • Submissions will open on Monday, 24th July at 00:00 CEST
  • Submissions will close on Sunday, 6th August at 23:59 CEST
  • You need to submit your .car file to me via forum DMs and post an ad in this thread.
  • One resubmission is allowed

This is my first time hosting, so if I’m missing something feel free to tell me.

Changelog:

• Priorities have been rebalanced
  • Cleared race part penalty
  • SVC limit removed
13 Likes

This would make a great QFC or CSR, but the current rounds for both are still ongoing, so it makes sense to turn it into a standalone challenge.

1 Like

What kind of penalty do you have in mind for race parts? My two cents:

I interpret…

… race intake to be unfiltered open intake runners. In states with strict emissions laws, they’re illegal even though they don’t significantly affect emissions; states with sniff-only or no testing should have no problem with them as long as total noise is within limits. They are relatively easy to swap back and forth, depending on engine layout. If not swapped for HPDE use, the engine sucks up a lot of dirt and its longevity decreases.

… race headers to be highly developed and optimized exhaust manifolds. Expensive up front but don’t really have major downsides in use. Same deal as intake regarding legality. Generally an impractical amount of work to swap for events. Do not affect reliability, don’t add much noise (in fact often lower it), but might increase service costs slightly.

… semi-slicks to be actual slicks, not street-legal like DOT-R. Don’t affect emissions even in strict states, but can lead to the car impounded if driven on the street with them. Sudden rain or puddles can make for an entertaining and hopefully not tragic day. It’s very common for HPDE cars to bring a second set of wheels with track tires on them, as they’re very easy to swap. This could be reflected in upfront and service costs.

1 Like

Using race parts will give an extra $300 service cost penalty per part, also since service costs are now a 3 star priority I’m removing the $3000 limit

3 Likes
Submissions are now open.

Good luck and most importantly have fun.

5 Likes

Could you clarify what parts will qualify for the race parts penalty? Obviously anything that says race in it, but what about the various underfloor options, magnesium/carbon rims, semi-slicks, etc.? Thanks!

ETA Sorry this came after rules deliberation, I didn’t think about it now…

1 Like

Is full 3d allowed?

1 Like

Working on it…

4 Likes

Everything that has “race” in the name and semi slicks count as a race part, anything else is okay.

Yes it’s allowed, just make sure the length and overhangs are close to the body you choose.

1 Like

I’ll just drop my Gatling here…

7 Likes

2022 Genarro Vatiara

The entry level sports car from the italian automotive house Genarro will ensure you a pleasant driving experience on both your daily commute and the tight corners of a racetrack.

It sports a twin turbo charged 3.5L V8 producing 510hp which will definitely put a smile on your face. Weighting in at only 1455kg it’s very nimble and easy to control.

The Vatiara promises you the full Genarro experience at just $62,500

Gallery

13 Likes

just to clear up, is this the downforce number we have to pay attention to?

or is it this one?

the first one

2 Likes
16 Likes

Yeah, new cars are all well and good, but they lack the style, the character, the essence of a classic car. And classic cars… well, they can be temperamental at the best of times.

So, what if you were to take the body of a classic 60s couple but imbue it with a more modern, more potent engine and chassis? The boffins over at Team X has the solution in the Pegasus 260CR.

It features fully revised and built springs and dampers in all four corners, racing style sports seat and upgraded entertainment package, classic aftermarket wheels with modern sports tyres and a subtle compliment of front splitter and rear spoiler to help keep the car planted to the road or racetrack. And under the long, sleek bonnet sits the beating heart from it’s 22 year younger brother, a 2.6L I6 with Twin Cams, 24 valves and 2 turbos from factory. Ready for a lead foot and some wide open roads.

5 Likes

2023 Nerruci 762 Fulmine GT

As the track oriented version of the 2018 Nerruci 762 San Donato, the 762 Fulmine GT is built to give the drivers the most authentic feel of a race car. Fitted with a Hydraulic Rack and Pinion just like F1 car uses, no ESC only TC although ABS is available for extra safety for the drivers on wet conditions. The 762 Fulmine GT does have an active suspension for better cornering.

The 762 Fulmine GT is equipped with a 3 Liter Boxer 6 engine produving 487 bhp @ 8100 rpm and 498 Nm of torque @ 6500 rpm. The 762 Fulmine GT is capable of going up to 335 kph (If you have a long enough road), a 0-100 kph in less than 5 seconds and 80-120 kph in less than 2 seconds.

The 762 Fulmine GT will be sold at 50000 AM$ per unit.

Gallery

4 Likes

THIS POST IS BEST IN LANDSCAPE ON MOBILE DEVICES

2024 MASTRIOTA BATLETH V

Gallery

Specifications

2024 Mastriota Batleth V

Base Price/Price as Shown;
$70,000/$70,000

Final Assembly;
Hand-assembled at Mastriota Performance Development Centre, Modena, Italy

Body Style;
Front-mid engine, rear wheel drive, 2-passenger, 2-door coupe

Engine;

Mastriota V47SR0

Longitudinally-mounted, naturally-aspirated 4.7L/4695cc 90-degree V8
AlSi block and heads, forged internals
Direct and port fuel injection with Mastriota MS-V engine control unit
Chain-driven dual overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder, variable valve lift and intake/exhaust-side variable valve timing, individual performance-tuned throttle bodies and high-performance air intakes
12.5:1 compression ratio
592 horsepower at 7,500 RPM
439lb-ft of torque at 6,600 RPM
8,000 RPM redline
Sport tuned exhaust with a high-flow 3-way catalytic converter with dual reverse flow mufflers and 3-mode bypass valves
Super (98 RON/93 AKI) fuel required

Drivetrain;
8-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode
3.51:1 final drive ratio
Rear wheel drive with an electronically controlled limited slip differential

Dimensions;
2.71 meter wheelbase
4.54 meter overall length
1.92 meter overall width
266.6 millimeters of ground clearance
0.371 Cd drag coefficient
47% front, 53% rear weight distribution
3,276 pound curb weight

Chassis/Body;
unitary bonded and riveted full aluminum construction with isolated subframes
stamped full aluminum body panels

Suspension;
Front independent control arms, 4-position adjustable springs, 4-position adjustable magnetorheological dampers, anti-roll bar
Rear independent 5-link, 4-position adjustable springs, 4-position adjustable magnetorheological dampers, anti-roll bar

Steering;
Speed-sensitive electric power steering

Brakes;
Hydraulic with anti-lock control
420mm front ventilated disc brakes with 2 piston rotors
355mm rear ventilated disc brakes with 2 piston rotors

Wheels;
20-inch front and 21-inch rear cast magnesium wheels
P275/35R20 95Y front tires, P315/30R21 97Y rear tires
33psi front and rear

Performance;
0 to 62 MPH in 3.2 seconds
199 MPH top speed (electronically limited)
10.86 second standing 1/4 mile drag test
62-0 MPH in 30.9 meters
1.22g on a 20m cornering test, 1.29g on a 200m cornering test
149kg/328lbs of total downforce
2:01.14 standing laptime around Automation Test Track
Fully defeatable traction/stability control and launch control
17 MPG city/19 MPG highway/18 MPG combined

16 Likes

I fear I have brought a pocket knife to a nuke fight…

4 Likes

If I understand correctly you’re saying both the car family and the engine family have to be named in the specified format, but the car trim and engine variant can have whatever name you want?

5 Likes

exactly

2 Likes