(What if) A.I. car art game

Hmm, unfortunately, they’re not that clearly distinguishable as electric, but I tried eliminating big radiator grills as much as possible, but most look like mid engined sports car, but at least they look cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They do look cool indeed, I love to death the first '40s car

1 Like

What if brands known for exotic sports cars also made buses.

12 Likes

Haha, some of them look like normal modern buses

So, down below there’s my sketch of a fictional new Porsche 959…

…here’s what AI thinks about it (it somehow turned grey)…

…And here’s 2 realistic takes

Can’t say I’m totally disappointed

7 Likes
ARE YOU
READY FOR SOME
A.I. CRAP?
(maybe not that crap tho)
What if BMW remade the beautiful 328 for its 90th birthday?

BMW 328 90 YAHRE

Or better… “What if BMW went back to not chinese-looking stuff?” (RANT)

TVR's silly idea to make a key car in the mid-90s

TVR T-SERIES

Land Rover made a sports car in the 70s WTF

LAND-ROVER LIBERATOR

6 Likes

the BMW…“needs” bigger kidneys.:))

Have you seen the BMW XM?? BMW has gone insane. AI designs way better BMWs, they should fire their designers.

what if BMW XM was designed by Frank Stephenson?

2 Likes

What if Bertone designed a 2024 BMW SUV?

Real humans designed a caricature of an angry pig.

2 Likes

Yup, sadly the glory days of the E39 are far gone, and now i’m sure who mocked Bangle’s era is crying in the corner… I’d rather buy a Hyundai

1 Like

In fact, too many of today’s cars, trucks, and SUVs resemble something from Angry Birds - and it’s been that way for the past decade or so:

However, judging by the reaction to their Neue Klasse concept, BMW’s styling department seems to have turned a corner:

Especially when legacy automakers that have been around for decades are facing an existential threat in the form of Chinese EV upstarts, although a surprisingly large number of those, for all their promises of cheap zero-emissions travel, are just not good enough for widespread acceptance in the West:

Back to your point: I’m not the only one here who used to think that automotive styling in the 1990s wasn’t quite as exciting as it had been two or three decades prior, but now, in retrospect, it doesn’t seem so bad after all - especially with too many recent designs feeling unnecessarily overwrought.

2 Likes

I’m personally not much against angry/aggressive design, of course being overused is not good either, but the main issue I see is blandness and lack of beauty and crazy design trends like BMW.
I always wince when Alfa Romeo is given as an example of good modern design, to me it looks like a bland body with a weird face when Alfas used to be about beauty, elegance, excitement and sportiness.

redid these with krea.ai, higher res and more details.

2 Likes

what if the Citroen DS influence many types of cars.

6 Likes

I was reading through this thread when I remembered something I read recently: In the 70s, Volvo was considering making an SUV. They even made concept sketches!

Illustration: Volvo

I got a lot of images from this one:

Prompt: 1976 Volvo Duett
Image Strength: 0

Just to test. Isn’t that a nice nondescript Volvo wagon?

Image Strength: 35

RX8 doors? Otherwise rather nice.

A bit long and non-SUV like, but sure!

Prompt:1976 Volvo 245 145 765 wagon SUV Duett
Uhhhh sure…

Prompt:1976 Volvo 245 145 765 wagon SUV Duett
Image Strength: 21
Go home AI, you’re drunk.

Prompt:1976 Volvo 145 SUV
Image Strength: 0
Ah, that’s better.

4 Likes

some sci-fi cars.

7 Likes

If Peugeot made a proper sports car out of the 1970’s 504:

Ok, but what if Peugeot utilised their Maserati ownership to develop a “701 GT” or something?

4 Likes

what if hover cars existed…

3 Likes

What if BMW made a Monster Truck?

3 Likes