Yet another cool wall challenge - FINAL RESULTS OUT!

I’m getting interested in this challenge. Hopefully I’ll get a better score than on Edsel’s, lol.

Here are my first two cool wall ideas:

1974 BMW 2002:

1994 Subaru WRX STi:

I’ll save my last shot for when there’s more diversity :wink:

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind is also that cool wall score is not necessarily only the hip factor but more an indicator of what the buyer would like, so that’s why some mundane cars can get a score that’s remarkably high, and some extreme cars can seem to get a score that’s a bit unfairly low. Also, a car where he does not like the design can get “meh” scores, as well as a special edition of an otherwise bland car can get a little bump. IRL example for myself, I would put the Porsche 928 lower than it deserves, fantastic car but looks like a frog that was run over by a tractor…

1 Like

A few somewhat more oddball cool wall requests from me:

1988 Volvo 240 Wagon
CW_Volvo

1988 Subaru Leone Wagon 4WD

1989 Suzuki SJ410 Katana
CW_Suz

Time for me test the waters here with 5 cars

Opel Monza A2 (1982-1986)

Skoda Felicia Fun (1997-2000?)

Triumph Dolomite Sprint (1973-1980)

Specifically the sprint model with 16v, not the standard version

Volvo 480 turbo (1986-1995
d3a838d8db2bad5a37b20988-6e049fd

Again specifically the turbo model, not the boring 1.7 es

Mitsubishi RVR Hyper Sport Gear
mitsubishi-rvr-hyper-sports-gear_7a06e

This one is a bit of a wild card, it is technically an MPV with a sliding side door and everything. But the Hyper sports gear model has a turbocharged 2.0 engine and AWD with a pretty mad body kit as well. Plus it’s only a 5 seater not a 3 row mpv.

4 Likes

Also, the Porsche 928 was very sporty and probably too expensive. That’s not what fits mr. Henry.
Most likely, he would’t really like the appearance of this sports car either.

Yes, but the 928 example was outside of this challenge.

1 Like

An excellent selection of prototypes. I like all of them except the Scoda Fun. It has a hard time passing this test, due to the low suspension. Which, of course, Henry won’t like because of the poor linkage of the various associations.

what’s Henry’s opinion on lifted/modified cars, such as this:

3 Likes

Well, as I said he prefers something that has not been messed with, though cars like the AMC Eagle were after all available from the factory and aren’t too far off, so…if it is somewhat realistic in styling and engineering it could pass as a stocker.

IDK about Henry, but I love this :heart_eyes:

OK, cool wall updated, and I should maybe say this to clarify, the cars are mostly spaced out where they will fit, and as long as they are in the same category, being further to the right does not mean more cool than a vehicle further to the left in same column. However, if the vehicle is placed on a line, it means that it is kind of borderline between the two categories, more cool than vehicles on the left side of the line, less cool than vehicles on the right side of the line. Am I clear enough?

1 Like

Alright, interesting results. I want to test further; 2 more suggestions:

1992-9 Chevrolet suburban 2500 LT

1997 Ford F150 “King Ranch”

(the forum posted before I had finished typing)

I’d like to see the '86 Cadillac Fleetwood placed compared to its '93 counterpart

4 Likes

Carrying on the rally theme I’ve set for myself - Celica GT-Four

Subaru XT Coupe Turbo AWD

I’ll keep my last guess for something… Interesting.

This is a fun game…

:man_shrugging:t6:

4 Likes

Here’s my five (5) for the wall:

Chevy Corvette Stingray (1969)

AMC Eagle Coupe (1980 with the 4.2L I6)

Jeep Grand Wagoneer (1990)

Nissan Skyline GT-R (1990)

Ford F-150 Lightning (1994)

2 Likes

I just want to make it clear, were you serious with your comment there (as in “I like this and look forward to it”) or just salty? :rofl:

Don’t want to blame you for either, I mostly want to remember all of you that when I am done with the SCC writeups (about 1½ car writeup left) I will convert to 4.2 and start looking into rules and possibilities. I am not really sure if I have been clear enough that this soon will turn into a real challenge or if I have been too unclear so people think that the whole point is just to fill the cool wall with cars, because if that is the case I can understand if this seems pointless… :flushed:

I should be completely honest now, I suffer from real serious lack of sleep now so I may have been writing really confusing things that sounds good in my brain… :rofl:

3 Likes

:laughing: hell no I’m not being salty lol. This whole cool wall thing is pretty dope. Every picture posted is like a roll of the dice, a crap shoot…I like it.

Judging from the variety of cars that people have already posted, I can’t wait to see what people actually end up submitting!

1 Like

Honestly, I think everything so far has been very clear.

And don’t worry about taking much time as you need to flesh this out. A bit of extra time waiting time is certainly worth it if it means you get enough sleep. (: