Automation Touring Car Championship [FINAL RESULTS]

Hey guys,

I’ve been pondering for a long time about doing a championship of mine. Now, I settled on this format, the Touring Car Championship.

Touring car races are some of the closest and most interesting to watch, with great disputes between drivers. That is all due to the regulations, which require the cars to be based on road-legal cars, and yet they are free enough to go crazy about it. This first 1996 season will be raced on 10 tracks, all around the world. The results will be posted every two days or so.

[size=150]Rules[/size]

All bodies available in 1996 are allowed, except for the mid-engined ones.

[size=150]Races[/size]

[size=150]Scoring[/size]

The scoring will be set to replicate famous motorsport competitions around the world and will scale up with the number of participants.
It will be based only on the lap times of those tracks, flying laps will be used when available.

[ul]
]1st - 24 points/:m]
]2nd - 21 points/:m]
]3rd - 19 points/:m]
]4th - 17 points/:m]
]5th - 16 points/:m]
]6th - 15 points/:m]
]7th - 14 points/:m]
]8th - 13 points/:m]
]9th - 12 points/:m]
]10th - 11 points/:m]
]11th - 10 points/:m]
]12th - 9 points/:m]
]13th - 8 points/:m]
]14th - 7 points/:m]
]15th - 6 points/:m]
]16th - 5 points/:m]
]17th - 4 points/:m]
]18th - 3 points/:m]
]19th - 2 points/:m]
]20th - 1 point/:m][/ul]
[size=150]Submission Format[/size]

[ul]]Please, name your car as ATCC-Username, with no spaces (example: ATCC-Leonardo9613)/:m]
*] Send the .lua file via PM with the following information:

Username: [username] Car name: [Car name] Nationality: [Nationality] /*:m][/ul]

If you have sent your entry, but your car isn’t on the list, there must be some problem with it. Either it doesn’t meet the regulations or the file doesn’t work on my computer. If I haven’t PM’ed you back, to tell what the problem is, tell me, it could have gotten lost in the middle of all my private messages.

[size=150]Participants cards[/size]

The brief overview on the participants can be seen here:

[size=150] Card album[/size]

[size=140]Stat graphs - Power, Weight and Power:weight[/size]
[size=140]Price comparison[/size]
[size=130]Top Speed comparison[/size]
[size=130]Tameness, Sportiness and Tame/sport ratio overviews[/size]
[size=130]Acceleration overview[/size]

[size=170]Race Results[/size]
Imgur Album with all the results so far

[size=130]Race One - Sepang[/size]
[size=130]Race Two - Suzuka[/size] / [size=130]Standings after race two[/size]
[size=130]Race Three - Tsukuba and Standings after race three[/size]
[size=130]Race Four - Spa and Standings after race four[/size]
[size=130]Race Five - Red Bull Ring and Standings after race five[/size]
[size=130]Race Six - Brands Hatch and Standings after race six[/size]
[size=130]Race Seven - Canada and Standings after race seven[/size]
[size=130]Race Eight - VIR and updated standings[/size]
[size=130]Race Nine - Laguna Seca and updated standings[/size]
[size=130]Final Race - Interlagos and FINAL STANDINGS[/size]

[size=120]Special thanks to[/size]: Jakgoe, for helping me with the cover image and sending the templates for the charts, Der Bayer, for making said templates on the first place and the Brands Hatch track,** 07CobaltGirl**, for making most of those amazing tracks, Conan for helping with the cards comments and Statman, for making Tsukuba.

I will enter this! :slight_smile:

Sounds really interesting, getting an old BRC vibe from it :slight_smile:
Does the car body require a 4-door saloon?
Time to get off my lazy ass and participate in more competitions.

[quote=“Dragawn”]Sounds really interesting, getting an old BRC vibe from it :slight_smile:
Does the car body require a 4-door saloon?
Time to get off my lazy ass and participate in more competitions.[/quote]

You can use any front-engined body that is available in 1996.

About the BRC vibe, I might have had access to Bayer’s templates when designing those pictures :wink:

Do cars have to be B1418 compatible?

Im all over this

[quote=“Leonardo9613”]

You can use any front-engined body that is available in 1996.

About the BRC vibe, I might have had access to Bayer’s templates when designing those pictures :wink:[/quote]

Brace yourself for a CRX body invasion in that case :wink:

I meant regulations-wise, but now that you say it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, they need to be B1418 compatible, there have been many changes between builds and it wouldn’t be fair to race cars designed now with ones made in older builds.

NormanVauxhall had given me the heads up on that. Well, may the best CRX win then :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I would try to make the cars look interesting, there will be some sort of visual presentation of the entries.

I was more referring to using aftermarket grills/vents. If there is a visual presentation I would like to sport the ‘hottest’ new grill on the mod market

All mods are supported, if there are any errors, I’ll tell you and ask which mods have been used, so I can download them. But I think I have them all, so there shouldn’t be any problems.

BAM is already working on the car for the championship. :slight_smile:

Im going to enter this Leo!

Žnoprešk joins the Championship with the Zenith V8-ATCC.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63423067/Car%20-72_cr.pnghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63423067/Car%20-73_cr.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63423067/Car%20-75_cr.pnghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63423067/Car%20-74_cr.png

And it’s a SEDAN, because it’s a fokkin TOURING car championship :laughing:

Sounds like a challenge for me :slight_smile:
Loyer Racing Technologies will enter this.

Edit: is there a limit on production units?

Behold, the RWD hot hatch of doom!

And here is my entry for this most auspicious of competitions…

Forward unto victory!!!

I am Preparing the grooviest racer of them all… a carriover from the 60s

It is time for Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries to make its way into competition.

We humbly bring you the Anaguma GS-R.

I am considering entering this, and since I’m on a spate of restoring old cars and running them in competitions, here is my updated interpretation of a Holden Gemini TX 2 door coupe (an iconic Holden hoon car of my Australian yoof and way classier than bogans banging around Bommodore VLs). It’s not a perfect match for the specs, since the original ran a 1.5L 4 pot and 13 inch wheels, but it’s a fantastic small 4 pot car. (And fok you Norman, if Der Bayer is entering with a coupe, then anything goes! :wink: )

[size=85]Have a picture of car ‘testing’ (a.k.a. how long can we make the burnout?) at the local Winton raceway… thanks Google for the photos![/size]

So I kind of tortured the engine slightly and did a couple of improper things with the setup, but everything is legit according to the specs! Once again, being the fan of power over practicality, I’ll be aiming for a power to weight ratio of well over 500bhp:ton (because it’s hard to do much more than that on 12000 bucks). The real trick is tuning the suspension, because all these tracks have very different characteristics, and tuning to max the speed on one will definitely adversely affect the others… not to mention that I don’t have time to test over all ten tracks so we’ll just pick some numbers out of a hat and hope for the best :laughing:

I’m similar, except that my car has an I6…