B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

Tested Bug: 80-120 km/h (49-74 mph) acceleration always in red even the rate didn’t adjust.

Found major bug.
"Kazakh Taxi" engine tutorial breaks all scenarios with building engine from scratch

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select engine scenario “Kazakh taxi”
  2. Quit scenario
  3. Select any car scenario (i.e. “The Galileo”)
  4. Build car body
  5. Go to engine step

Observed:

• Engine type selection is blocked -> it’s impossible to build an engine for a car -> User cannot construct a car
  • Car scenario restart doesn’t help
  • Also affected other engine scenarios, i.e. “Military gen set”

Additional info:

• Sandbox is not affected

Walkaround:

• Start engine construction in sandbox

played a round of multiplayer with a friend (demo compatible), after the game i went to sandbox mode to build a car and engine designer showed this.

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:250: attempt to index field ‘Entertainment’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

Got this in the Luxobarger scenario when i tried to move the quality slider for the entertainment.
Game freezes and gives me the LUA error above.

400ccm Engine too big for that Car? O.o

[quote=“Chrj”]tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:250: attempt to index field ‘Entertainment’ (a nil value)

Got this in the Luxobarger scenario when i tried to move the quality slider for the entertainment.
Game freezes and gives me the LUA error above.[/quote]

[quote]---------------------------
Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:250: attempt to index field ‘Entertainment’ (a nil value)

OK
---------------------------[/quote]

Got the same error. I’m running the 1414 release.

1. How to recreate this bug.

2. A screenshot and / or the error message you are getting. (You can copy paste the error message!)

3. The expected behavior if something doesn’t seem to work as intended.

4. Patch Game while launcher is running on backgrownd

5. Error while patching “Cannot delete fmodstudio.dll”

6. The patcher should close the launcher while patching the game. In my case I closed it manually (pure logic) but I doubt that all players can resolve this patching error.

Considering it’s got a Honda Jazz sized engine bay, and you’re trying to put an engine in Longitudinally, with an AWD gearbox behind it (Meaning the engine gets shuffled even further forwards) that doesn’t seem wrong to me.

How big can you fit in Transverse? (what most small hatches are designed for)

Is this something that is supposed to be happening? I’m not able to move the launcher on the screen at all. This is annoying since I’m using two displays.

Formerly this was possible.

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

Considering it’s got a Honda Jazz sized engine bay, and you’re trying to put an engine in Longitudinally, with an AWD gearbox behind it (Meaning the engine gets shuffled even further forwards) that doesn’t seem wrong to me.

How big can you fit in Transverse? (what most small hatches are designed for)[/quote]

It is Hard to replicate.
Now i got an 1988ccm Inline 6 into it. All worked fine. O.o
I had this Error already in the old 141x or so. And yesterday i tried it again. It was not easy to do that again. And now i tried Transverse, Longitude, AWD, FWD…
But the inline 6 fitted. O.o

[quote]

How big can you fit in Transverse? (what most small hatches are designed for)

It is Hard to replicate.
Now i got an 1988ccm Inline 6 into it. All worked fine. O.o
I had this Error already in the old 141x or so. And yesterday i tried it again. It was not easy to do that again. And now i tried Transverse, Longitude, AWD, FWD…
But the inline 6 fitted. O.o[/quote]

Here look, this is the Problem i mean
youtube.com/watch?v=_CVPoS6qbiI

I’m sure sure if it has been said before, but I have two problems : My game crashes when I go back to the Desktop (for example touching the Windows button to go back to the desktop, then I can’t play to the game). The other one is that I can’t modify my carbody anymore after testing my car. Not really sure if the last one is a bug though. Sorry if these aren’t bugs, and that I make someone lose his time.

Umm , hello , I would like to report a strange bug ,

Since B1414 , I have an issue where , when I close the sandbox engine section , the game will slows & freeze , as well as freeze my OS too , I can’t do anything , wait 3-4 minutes but still nothing happens … I can’t do anything (alt + ctrl + del won’t work because OS freeze too) besides force shut down my PC . I don’t have such problem on any other games or any other version of Automation before .

There’s no error message , might be due to my OS is freezer as well as the game .

I’m playing in window-mode .

My OS is Wins8 .

I have the same issue, I solved this by using windowed mode.

Thanks for the tip!

Still have the same Full Screen problems with new ones from just building a car. And also the 1440 x 900 windowed mode resolution is still not truly 1440 x 900. I thought there were going to be “new” mid-engine car bodies for the new update, still just the 3 original mid-engine bodies.

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspira…”]:782: attempt to index field ‘Intercooler’ (a nil value)

OK

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspira…”]:782: attempt to index field ‘Intercooler’ (a nil value)

OK

Lua Error:

OK

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspira…”]:782: attempt to index field ‘Intercooler’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel