B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

Dear Mr. Mation,

Hate to be the breaker of bad news but you got a loose bug here bud, reported it back a few weeks ago. 1944 doesn’t work, really slick bug this one. Game crashes when I hit the mid 40’s.

I have a very interesting problem.

Sometimes, when I try to save cars/engines it just doesn’t save at all. I’ll know that it isn’t saving because if I try to save it again it doesn’t prompt me to overwrite.
Also, when it isn’t saving, it won’t save any photographs either.

And…it’s totally random. I was working on a hypercar and one revision it saved and the next revision it didn’t. Totally bizarre.

Yes, I experienced this as well. My 850hp supercar got 40+mpg.

[quote=“bundyaxl”]Dear Mr. Mation,

Hate to be the breaker of bad news but you got a loose bug here bud, reported it back a few weeks ago. 1944 doesn’t work, really slick bug this one. Game crashes when I hit the mid 40’s.[/quote]

I am experiencing this same bug. :frowning:

A little too much front grip on this bad boy. :open_mouth:

this next bug, this is a real mah, if your under 18 turn off your pc, came across this mah when i was blasted the other night, this bug is rated r, this is the type of bug you don’t want to fester, could ruin a game, check out some of these screens and let me know what you think, i’m shook, real hard, spooked me sour, spooked my cattle real sour, tell ya that right now

How did it happen to you guys, please describe it as close to step by step as you can, so detecting the problem is easier. Thanks!

So i’m not the only one with floating numbers hovering in the background, nice to know.

All I did is select the body style.

Dear Mr. Mation

Parental discretion is advised you might want to put on your depends diapers for this one, could spook you real good, this is a nasty Bug you got you self here sir i don’t know how your gonna dance yourselves out of this little situation.

It appears that the field where you type the name of a new engine now considers a period to be a “special character” that it will not accept. This includes the default name as it refuses to save until I delete the period. For example, it would not accept “2.2L” in the name. If I tried just saving it as “24V I6”, it saved fine.

First off, I’m getting the floating numbers problem too:

Click for full size:
i.imgur.com/kVRuwqnl.jpg
i.imgur.com/RHleqpwl.jpg

Steps to recreate:

1. In either sandbox or a car designer scenario design a new or revised car with an engine.
  2. Back out of the car designer to the previous menu level, either Scenario selection or models screen in sandbox.
  3. Start creating a new car model by either selecting a new scenario you have not started before, or a new model in the sandbox. This does not happen when loading a previously started car designer scenario or editing an existing model in the sandbox.
  4. Numbers from the dyno chart of the last engine you tested will linger on screen now, and will persist on screen even when you back out to the main menu.

The numbers will disappear if you either edit an existing model which has an engine, or design a new engine, and they will remain gone when you go back to the main menu after doing this.

Relevant system information (I think, let me know if you want anything else):
1920x1080 windowed, quality slider turned all the way up, SSAO, FXAA and Engine Sounds option boxes ticked.
GTX 770 on Nvidia 340.52 drivers
Win 7 Pro x64, all patches installed

Second bug: In the car designer when switching the year the music stops and starts playing a new track. Don’t know if this is design or not, but it doesn’t seem intentional so figured I’d mention it.

2 tiny ui bugs
In Kazakh Freedom scenario values don’t match up [offroad ability]. Or the game just has no faith I’ll mach it’s expectations :wink:
also g/kWh should be l/100km if I’m not mistaken

edit: ‘more scenarios’ button does not take me anywhere. Only makes the results page disappear

Really enjoying this update. Fantastic job guys :slight_smile:

I got this when i made a car and put it on the automation test track:

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:81: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:814: attempt to index local ‘results’ (a nil value)

(and yes of course the game crashed and i lost my car :/)

A collection of bugs:

And more:

Thanks for quick patching Devs, you guys are really awesome! :smiley:
On the other hand, Still It seems that I can’t use all car bodies.
They just disappear as year went on… am I missing something to do?

The game restricts you to appropriate body styles based on the year you selected.

Sorry but I don’t like the new UI…

It’s annoying you can’t save your car without placing an engine, especially if the game keeps crashing and engines won’t fit (not even a 1.0ltr 4cil ) when using a mid engined car.

[quote=“Maurice82”]Sorry but I don’t like the new UI…

It’s annoying you can’t save your car without placing an engine, especially if the game keeps crashing and engines won’t fit (not even a 1.0ltr 4cil ) when using a mid engined car.[/quote]

The new small MR shells really have nearly no space for longitudinal engines, you have to try the transverse placement, I managed to squeeze in pretty decent stuff that way.