B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

[quote=“Dragawn”]

[quote=“Maurice82”]Sorry but I don’t like the new UI…

It’s annoying you can’t save your car without placing an engine, especially if the game keeps crashing and engines won’t fit (not even a 1.0ltr 4cil ) when using a mid engined car.[/quote]

The new small MR shells really have nearly no space for longitudinal engines, you have to try the transverse placement, I managed to squeeze in pretty decent stuff that way.[/quote]

After going some back and forward (don’t ask me what I did) and now the problem is gone and a 2.2ltr 4cil fitted easily. In the same car, I did not make changes :unamused:

Thanks to the devs for the update.
Little issues I have run into while playing the car design scenarios.

1. when i go into detailed stats the scenario objectives disappear and don’t come back when I go back
  2. there seems to be some rounding going on with the limits. i.e. if I require 40 tameness and get a score of 39.8 it says I pass and gives my final score
  3. when I choose to increase the tyre size it gets bigger to a point and then jumps to one or two sizes smaller before the button stops changing the sizes
  4. when I choose more scenarios option after completing a scenario it fails to exit and simply returns to the current scenario
  5. my scores/trophies don’t get saved to the scenarios screen
    Thanks again having lots of fun with the new stuff

A few new bugs:
1.) the 1995 MPV not allow any engine in the engine constructor (the car editor, no the engine editor), inclusive lowing the bore and stroke to the minimum and using small components, (i4, i6, v8…), and the MPV reach 0L trunk capacity.

2.) In the car scenerios, the mission of the compact game (the mission that you need a minimum of 150 km/h speed), I can pass the mission in bronze without reaching all objectives.

3.) The car fuel consumption is very unreal (I make a sport car with 1109 hp v8 biturbo with a fuel consumption of 7L /100km, and a fuel efficiency of 22%.

Iv noticed that sometimes its not possible to choose wider tires. Its stuck at certain width, like in case on my screanshot 105mm(235mm and 255mm set as max value in platform). Tried diffrent wheel sizes and it looks like only with 10’ wheels im able to use 225 and 225 tires width, for 15’ tires its 150 and 150. I dont know if its a bug, but thought i wouldnt hurt to post. Thanks for awesome update. Was worth to wait. :slight_smile:

Seems more cars have the engine size problem… the 2014 hatchback also doesn’t fit a bigger engine then 1.4ltr (4cil)

The new UI bar disappears in Sandbox mode after going from ‘choose an engine’ to ‘platforms’ back to ‘engines again’. It puts one back to the 1st Trim page with the bottom UI bar gone. Closing the current project and then starting a new one fixes it. Until you do it again and lose another car :S

Also you can’t see the UI bar when windowed mode

Got this when i clicked the button “New engine” in the engine designer menu:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Util.l…”]:95: attempt to index field ‘BlockConfig’ (a nil value)

Clicked OK and the game kept going :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you running a 16:9 resolution as currently required?

Running at 1920x1080 as always.

I’m running windowed 1280x798 and It’s fine. I guess it hides behind the windows bar for you?

Yes, the window frame uses more than 20 pixels of the screen, so the 36 pixel UI bar gets hidden, to go around that you should decrease your resolution or change to fullscreen.

Nice update. worth the wait.
Just one bug from me:
I build an engine and save it with a name I’ve chosen in stead of the computer-generated name.
Then when I do a test run the name returns to the computer-generated name.
Cheers!

I have a lot of .lua bugs. :cry:

create car -> save it -> game does not repond -> restart only works after deleting the .lua file.
create engine -> save -> everything is good until I try to load my engine -> .lua error -> the game crashes

I deleted all (old) .lua files of version 1362 before updating the game. The game worked fine and without any problems in version 1362.
I’m not able to do anything in version 1408. Ok, it’s beta. I understand that. But please, fix it in the final update. I like this game.

greetings

[quote=“c00LsPoT”]I’m not able to do anything in version 1408. Ok, it’s beta. I understand that. But please, fix it in the final update. I like this game.

greetings[/quote]

Might help them fix it if you posted the log and keeEngine files also a screen cap of the lua error you get when the game crashed

Sorry for bad English

1- When I chose an engine and then change it the graph dose not update till I change number of gears

2- In the super body car the wings cuts threw the body in a specif place and if I add any thing but badges or tail lights the body seems to be apart

3- if I save the build before clicking start to calculate stats the game freeze so I need to click alt f4 esc to exit the game then when I start the game again and click sandbox the game freeze till I click alt f4 to get to my platform I can see my saved build but when I click it it freezes again till I click esc then I have to delete this platform for the game not to freeze when I click on sandbox

4- not sure if its a bug but I have to double click on X to exit

5- I f I just click next next next … with out adding any thing I get this error

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:55: attempt to index field ‘Body’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK

Do you mean the power graph or gearing graph?

X-post from dev questions.

So why come, exactly, does this game feel compelled by some mystical force to issue C++ errors every time I click on ANYTHING? The game will now no longer…

Everything I click on brings up this error.
Save any work that I’ve done.
Load any test maps.
Let me test my engines.

I’ve installed it and re installed it multiple times.

Edit: The exact quote the error gives me is as follows:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\CCarManager.lua…”]:151: attempt to index field ‘Results’ (a nil value)

Got the same body glitch with the larger supercar model.

Edit2: New C++ error.

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:208: attempt to index field ‘Safety’ (a nil value)

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:246: attempt to index field ‘Entertainment’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK

This error occurred when I was adjusting the entertainment quality slider before selecting entertainment attributes. In this particular case, I adujusted the quality slider up and down, back to 0 - then when I tried to select “None” the game froze then I got this error.

I like the new layout by the way. This game is looking better and better. i really appreciate what this game is becoming, and I’m happy to support it’s development. :smiley:

I’ve been trying to build a car off of the DB5/P1800/250GT body and EVERY SINGLE TIME it freezes the game and crashes it. No matter what I’m doing, or how fast I do it, it crashes to Windows. I can’t save any of the progress for an unknown reason- I’d assume because I don’t have an engine, suspension, interior etc set up. It just crashed for the 10th time (literally), and I said “F**k it, I’m done.” The other bodies work 100% fine, and I will gladly say that all the new bodies have excellent morphing.
I mean, if it helps… The game crashed while putting fixtures on the rear. If I had to guess, 5 were caused by vents/grilles on the back, two due to exhaust, two due to a spoiler (that was insta-crash, couldn’t even place it) and the remaining was taillights…