B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

add-on tracks don’t work correctly, as pictures shows, because the car run off the track, maybe the image offset or alignment is bit unjust, I think.

all my engines that ran on 86 regular now run on like 91 or 90???

That sounds like you switched from AKI to RON :wink: we didn’t change any of those calcs.

Can it be because of this? You use VVL?

I do have something to note that may not necessarily be a bug, but rather a lack of optimization.

The modern supercar body (both large and small) uses up way more graphical memory on its own than any other body + loaded engine and full set up. to the point that, while now, even after having optimized my settings, I get tremendous FPS drops when loading this body. I’m going to venture to guess that there is some kind of flaw in either the modeling or programming for the mid-engined cars, and thus it is in a very unpolished state, causing excessive memory use.

While it’s not entirely game breaking, it’s a serious inconvenience and a flaw you guys will probably want to look into. Especially considering the performance drops of such will only stack as the game becomes more complex.

To give you guys an idea of what I’m working with, I am running a 1.5 GB AMD Vision graphics card and have about 3GB of RAM on my computer. It’s humble, but has no performance issues running games such as Fallout New Vegas, Sims 3, Portal, etc. So I doubt such a massive FPS drop is natural.

It is definitely not normal when the same doesn’t happen for other cars bodies. We have to investigate. How much does your framerate drop compared to other bodies?

I have the same frame rate issue with a 2gig card and 16gigs ram, it comes out the most when stretching fixtures I lose between 1/4-1/3 of my fps

[quote=“Killrob”]

It is definitely not normal when the same doesn’t happen for other cars bodies. We have to investigate. How much does your framerate drop compared to other bodies?[/quote]

Well comparatively, if I take just any other generic body, I can rotate around it and so on with a seamless FPS. If I take the mid-engined body, it suddenly drops incredible amounts, the framerate drops so much it’s as if I’m watching it in slow motion. Swapping to another body immediately remedies the effect and my FPS is restored.

I’ve been aware for some time that Automation has a sort of memory leak, where the longer you play, the more pronounced any lag becomes. So naturally I tried restarting my game to check if that was the problem, no luck, I can be running on a fresh load-up and I get lag the same amount of lag with a blank body as I would normally get if I was playing for hours on end and decided to mess with a turbo engine.

While I’m at it, I will note as I mentioned above, Turbo engines seem to cause a FPS drop as well, but N/A engines run very smoothly. I did come up with a theoretical solution: Would it be possible to implement an option for lower spec computers, to disable engine animations? A “Low Performance” option, if you will. That helps cut down on memory usage for those with lesser computers, simply by not rendering engine animations, and not rendering engine internals when in the car designer. I’m not sure how possible it is, but it would definitely help the game’s FPS rate on lower specs.

Thanks for your time, Killrob. I do hope a solution is not too hard for you guys to whip up! :slight_smile:

With this car:

When I try to put the year to 1970 in the platform tab, and go back to trim, the game crashes.

Was just creating an engine for my hatchback (made some changes there also, as I wanted to make a sports model) and all off the sudden I was stuck there. Couldn’t get past engine creating and had to close it. This meant the changes which I made to the body were gone…

Let’s start al over again… :unamused:

So what happened? Any errors? Can you be more specific in your description?

No errors, only could scroll thru the engine building options. When clicking on the UI bar nothing happend.

• revise car
  • I made some changes to the fixtures
  • went to choose engine tab
  • revised existing engine

That’s when it happend

It’s because the technology (the early technology especially) restricts how low the tire profile can be. (in your example, you cannot go lower than xxx/85 Rxx) The info about that is not yet in this build, so it’s understandable it’s a source of confusion, though.

It’s because the scoring criteria have changed. Now you don’t have to meet all the specifications (limitations all have to be met though) to pass the scenario. However, you need all of those to be green to get any medal.

Okay, the fuel economy is rather f***ed. In the first new scenario (in what is it, 1945?), I built a car that somehow wound up getting ~29 miles per gallon.

Edit: ---------------------------
Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:81: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:814: attempt to index local ‘results’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

Retry Cancel

on trying to start the test track thingamabob just a second ago.

1. which miles per gallon are you using? Miles per US gallon, or miles per imperial gallon?
  2. what sort of figure would you expect?

If I remember correctly, some pre-WWII car managed some 70 mpg back then. Cars were really light and not fast… so naturally they are pretty fuel efficient. Overall currently in the game the fuel eco comes out ~15% wrong (too good), but that is far from “rather fucked”.

When i started making scenarios after designing a sports car some settings such as brakes pad type,cooling(in percentage of maximal cooling for the body) and sound insulation were set like in my sports car instead of standard values

i’d say they are ‘‘rather fucked’’.My almost 2t 4WD luxury race car with a 10000RPM reving 725HP V8 ang gigantic tires burns less than 10l/100km.Acording to some internet calculator its about 24 US mpg

Really? My bad, then. Check above edited post for a crash I just got.

[quote=“ktos3”]

i’d say they are ‘‘rather fucked’’.My almost 2t luxury race car with a 10000RPM reving 725HP V8 ang gigantic tires burns less than 10l/100km.Acording to some internet calculator its about 24 US mpg[/quote]

…Heh.

When i was making a 1950 sports car max tire widht was 165,but when i clicked to increase it,it went down to 160 and didnt want to increase to 165.I had to go down to 105 for 165 to be availble again and trying to increase it further would do the same thing