2. profit

actually works
actually happened to me luckily i made my own csr car

1 Like

How to binned :
Feasibly anything with more than 8 cylinders

can counter.
see my entry
has seen AT LEAST 10 challenges (7 of which CSR)
went past prelims almost every time
(even scored a win in CSR 76)

5 Likes

Can double counter.
My only CSR win to date has been with a reused car lol
(See CSR 85 and 91 for that)

2 Likes

How to get binned.
Go Mad.

I missed a couple .car files, the actual total is now 59 entries…

If you sent me a .car file and I have not liked the message, please message me again.

I hope to have the first round of binnings out tonight, but it may be delayed to tomorrow night.

7 Likes

The salt is gonna get real ladies and gentlemen. I suggest we grab our popcorn.

4 Likes

I hope people have been panic buying salt ready

3 Likes

Well, I noticed I forgot 1 seat, bin is coming :cry:

1 Like

just hoping i’m not binned at least, quite had enough of getting binned

if i get binned im gonna bring oreos and oranges.

Seeing as how the deadline is over, I’ll share my entry with you all. Roast it or learn something from it, do what you will. :stuck_out_tongue:

CSR_121_-Tzuyu_main-_Seikatsu_GR30_Turbo_VX DigiDelta__Rising_Sun.car (104.7 KB)

Enjoy!

14 Likes

very Sea-of-information-Friendly

1 Like

I never got that background tbh

hm

Bins Part 1 to COVID Shopping Round 121: The rule breakers and the otherwise bad. -

Chapter 1: The Rule Breakers

On a warm Sunday afternoon, Kayla hangs out at her friend Dan’s apartment. Dan is playing Call of Duty: Black Ops on his Xbox 360. Kayla’s on her laptop, on the couch, browsing Craigslist for some cars.

She mentions out loud, “Did Katsuro make the LS300 in 1990? I don’t think those came out until 95.”

D: “Don’t ask me, I don’t know. You’re the gearhead.”

K: “Yeah no, I’m more just thinking out loud. I’m pretty sure this ad is a scam.”

So, this @FitRS Katsuro LS300 GT is a bin. The ad says it’s a 1990, and the engine is a 1990, but the trim year is 1995, and with the correct year in the calculator, this comes out to a price of $5684.11. Regardless, the engine on this is a confusing set of choices for a car from 1995: DOHC with just 2 valves per cylinder. Mechanical fuel injection combined with VVT. Individual throttle bodies pumping regular octane fuel. 3 piston calipers are a minmaxy choice, and partial aluminum panels are more suited to a sports car than a sedan of this era.

D: “Are you looking at cars again? I thought you brought that computer over here to play Starcraft II?”

K: “Yeah, but later. Internet’s being weird at my place right now and you’re in the zone over there.”

D: “Yeah, I’m trying to grind out some more attachments for the MPL so whatever’s cool.”

K: “Do your thing. You’re just gonna be my sounding board for a bit. Do you remember the Bauer C22R?”

D: “Dude you know I don’t.”

K: “I’m surprised to see one for sale. They weren’t around for many years before they couldn’t be sold in the US due to safety reasons.”

The @Watermelon3878 1985 Bauer C22R is binned for being under the safety minimum. Considering it’s a pretty upright, conventional shaped coupe, regular rear seats instead of +2 rear seats would have been a better fit to the car, and would have kept this within safety rules, and would have improved the nearly-bin-worthy 11.9 comfort. 60 loudness with just a straight through muffler doesn’t help that either.

K: “Oh neat, a Daylilly DRD 2.5 DTM. Looks like this one is setup for race gas though, so that’s a no go.”

The @Fabelhaftigkeit 1992 Daylilly DRD 2.5 DTM is getting binned for exceeding the octane maximum, tuned for 98 RON. It’s an OK car otherwise, but would not have been a top contender.

The next bin I’m having a hard time doing in character. This bin was disappointing to see, because this was actually quite a good car. The @MasterDoggo 1986 Personenfahrzeug Felis V6 EFI is binned for having just 4 seats in a sedan. It’s a shame because it’s a really cool looking car with realistic choices and solid stats.

Chapter 2: the Instabins

Later on, Dan has grabbed his laptop and has decided to look at some ads too, while Kayla takes her turn on Black Ops. Dan isn’t much of a car guy, but has an vague idea of what Kayla’s looking for.

D: “Hey Kayla, what about this thing, it’s pretty cool looking. A 1990 Hitomi 200 SR V6 TT.”

K: “Oh oh, no, they’re cool looking but they’re an engineering mess. They’ve got notoriously laggy turbos.”

The @nicholasrams774 Hitomi 200 SR V6 TT is out. This engine is a total mess:
There’s barely 1000 rpm of usable powerband. All this boost should be on premium gas, but it’s tuned for regular. The car is short on sportiness as well.

D: “Ooh, what about a Benezia Sphinx GT-S 3.0 TT?”

K: “Those are rear-engined Dan, I can’t really use one for drifting.”

D: “You’d still have fun doing other stuff with it, right?”

K: “Probably, but they have some issues and a really weird engine. Not for me.”

The @Fido 1991 Benezia Sphinz GT-S 3.0 TT is out. It’s RR, so to beat the FR options, it would need to be much better than the other options, and there are far too many unusual choices. Starting with the engine, it’s a 3.9 liter flat 4. Those are huuuuge cylinders. Like the Franklin Marshall, it’s also all aluminum, DOHC, 4v per cylinder, with VVT, but utilizes mechanical fuel injection. Beyond that, it’s also got ITBs, but despite that and the turbos, it’s tuned for regular. The engine is one of the least reliable submitted at 45.3. It suffers from serious lag, not as extreme as the Hitomi, but still only about 2600 rpm of usable powerband. 3 piston rear calipers aren’t very realistic either, and maintenance costs are among the highest submitted at $1420.70.

D: “what about… A Independent Imprezzor? Those are FR, right? This one has an aftermarket turbo and exhaust for extra power.”

K: “They are, but they’re not very fast. Even with the aftermarket stuff it’s probably still only pushing 180hp and they’re not lightweights. I really don’t like the looks either.

The @Admiral_Obvious 1991 Independent Imprezzor is out. Styling isn’t good, and the engine is unfortunately both unreliable and underpowered for the car’s weight.

D: “Oh man, a ‘91 Petoskey Montauk. I know these. Didn’t the company run out of money to pay the stylists?”

K: “I think that’s just a rumor, man. But I get why it was started.”

The @BobLoblaw ‘91 Petoskey Montauk is out. Style is important, and this lacks any. It’s sportiness and comfort are both low compared to others. On the upside though, reliability is strong, and the price and mileage are good.

D: “What about a neat Italian number? There’s a ‘90 Serpente Veloce Evo on here.”

K: “I hate when stereotypes are true, but those exemplify what people say about Italian reliability. Owning one of those scares me. Speaking of stereotypes though, those don’t live up to Italian stereotypes of sportiness. They understeer like crazy.

The @Kotochlebek59 1990 Serpente Veloce Evo is out. 45.8 engine reliability alone would pretty much eliminate it, but it also has one of the lowest sportiness scores of all the entries.

D: “OK, how about something British? Like, an ‘82 Trident Neptune?

K: “Oh, one of those! What an oddball those are. Remember what I just said about Italian stereotypes? Well you’ve traded unfortunately correct Italian stereotypes for unfortunately correct British stereotypes. They’re just as unreliable than the Serpente with their oddball engine.

the @Human89845524 1982 Trident Neptune 3200TT is out. Engine reliability is very poor. The engine is an unusual one; 3.2 liter 60 degree V8, all aluminum, DOHC, 32v, twin throttle bodies. Hot stuff, but all this tuned for regular is a head scratcher. Lag is pretty severe as well, providing just 3000 rpm of usable powerband. 17” wheels are huge for a 1982 model. Sportiness is pretty low as well, roll angle is pretty high. A pretty cool looking premium GT car, but the technical choices aren’t right.

D: “OK, no more European cars for now. What about a Huwonja Sundial GT Turbo? They’re pretty cool looking.”

K: “Cool looking, sure, but they’re front wheel drive. Not really what I’m looking for. They’re really weird underneath the cool exterior.”

the @Executive '91 Hunwonja Sundial GT Turbo is out. FWD is a major detractor. It’s longitudinal FWD as well, which saddles it with a severely undersquare engine to fit. 5v per cylinder, DOHC, VVT, and fully forged internals… But it only revs to 6000 rpm, exactly where it makes peak power. Laggy turbo too. Giving just 2300 rpm of usable powerband. Sportiness and comfort are both poor. Despite being FWD, it has staggered tires, wider at the rear than the front.

D: “Dude. You are mad picky. Remind me to not help you again.

K: “Oh man, I know. Don’t feel obligated.”

D: “Lemme get back on the sticks.”

K: “All yours bud. I’ll get back to it myself”

Kayla gets back on her laptop and looks over an ad for a 1996 Bogliq Bettong SR8. “A car that shouldn’t exist,” she thinks to herself.

The @HighOctaneLove Bogliq Bettong SR8 is out. This is a really odd car. I’m really not sure what to make of a mid 90s subcompact station wagon with RWD and a 3 liter, 60 degree pushrod V8, other than that I’m really struggling on how to review it in character. The looks aren’t stellar either, lacking details and looking more like a 90s concept than a production car.

Next, three very similar cars, a 1990 Franklin Marshall Hyrda 1800, 1992 Sanjou Auros and a 1995 Marossa Espada. “Look at these cute little things! Cool sports cars, but too small to be really useful.”

The @Jaimz Franklin Marshall Hydra 1800, @Urbanliner '92 Sanjou Auros, and @V4guy '95 Marossa Espadas are out. They’re too small a car to really be a 4 seater. On the Hydra the styling is pretty barren, and there’s weirdness under the hood. On the one hand, it’s high tech; all aluminum construction, DOHC, 4v per cylinder and VVT, but it still has old school mechanical fuel injection. Also, with long tube headers, which are apparently not an aftermarket mod, and an aggressive torque curve, I’d expect more than 140 hp. The stats are OK, but comfort is unsurprisingly low with such a cramped interior. '92 Sanjou Auros and '95 Marossa Espadas are the next ones out. The Auros even has the audacity to claim it can seat 5, but that said, the Auros is the cream of the crop among the 3 micro-entries, with the best statistics and lowest price of the three, and a nice naturally aspirated 5 cylinder engine. 182hp, although headers on this one too. The Espada is the best looking of the three, but it’s a whole $1000 more than the Auros, and has a rather laggy twin turbo flat 4 with only 3300 rpm of usable powerband.

“Oh neat, a DVM Cyclone 8T. Cool to see, but I would be afraid to own one.”

@Petakabras Neat idea, going for a classic rally car appearance, but some of it could use a little more attention to detail, like the awkward side vents and really, really large Cyclone badging on the back. It’s stats aren’t stellar, and it’s engine reliability is poor. Quite laggy too, only 3200 rpm of usable powerband. With only 22 environmental resistance on a 1983 model with more than 200,000 miles, this would also be very rusty by 2011.

“Could a SpaceWagon NSport fit the bill? No, I’m stretching now. Maybe I need another break.

The @BootlegScarce 1988 SpaceWagon NSport is out. The car could use a lot of tuning. There is more lag than you’d expect for just 8.7psi, and despite being tuned for just regular, it’s got ITBs and a questionably rich fuel/air ratio. Add all that lag and the fact that the gear spacing means first goes all the way up to 67 mph(!) and this would be a huge pain to drive around, and would require slipping so much clutch you’d smell it coming well before it arrives anywhere. I understand that late 80s designs can be simplistic by nature, but there are other cars here that show you can do simplistic without being boring, and the side trim on the rear quarters makes it look like it’s got minivan door tracks. When it also comes in with more than 200k miles and costs $3700, it’s not an attractive option.

“Oh man, speaking of wagons, I’m seeing a WALL Journey Wagon. So much fake wood grain! It is technically RWD but can you imagine hustling it around a track day or a drift even without major modifications? I can’t. Plus, they have rust problems.

The @WALL 1986 WALL Journey Wagon is out. Reliability isn’t bad, maintenance costs aren’t bad, and it’s faster than it looks, but it’s not a sporty ride, scoring one of the very lowest sportiness ratings of the entrants. Staggered wheels don’t make sense on this type of car, and 3 piston discs are for sure minmax for a mid 80s American wagon. Plus, with 25.7 environmental resistance on a 1986 with 240k miles, it would be a rustbucket by 2011.

“OK, I really need a break”

Kayla heads back to her apartment and before bed, brings her laptop out to sort through some more ads. YouTube to MP3 converter in a minimized tab, Kayla puts on her headphones and hits shuffle. Mac Miller’s “The Spins” is the first song to show up on shuffle.

“Hmm, this Ishiiruka Aleph used to be a drift car? Interesting choice… Wouldn’t be my choice.”

The @schultzie 1996 Ishiiruka Aleph Ag HG is out. Incredibly soft suspension leads to sportiness just as low as the WALL, and it’s only barely in budget. The engine is for whatever reason only tuned for 88 RON, but despite that handicap, it’s not a bad engine, but it does leave this sedan on the slow side of the entrants. Reliability and services costs aren’t bad but the stats aren’t good enough and the price is less than $100 shy of maximum budget.

“And on the opposite side of the spectrum, a KGB Caballero S. Too stiff to be a daily.”

the @Kyuu77 1993 KGB Caballero S is eliminated. 7 comfort is not going to cut it for a daily driver. A car this sporty shouldn’t have non-variable power steering, but it’s really only the comfort that kills it.

“Now on the downright strange side of the spectrum, a Bradford Saturite GT 4WD. I guess I could technically drift it with 2WD selected, but why put myself through all that? They’re very expensive to keep on the road”

The @yurimacs 1985 Bradford Saturite GT 4WD is out. 4x4 is a head scratcher but I guess technically fits the bill, but very high running costs and below average engine reliability knock this out. The styling is ambitious, trying to redesign aspects of the greenhouse, but I wish that effort were spent elsewhere as the rear fascia is boring and the front fascia is ugly.

“Ohh, a Lacam Roizon! I loved these growing up. Don’t see many on the road nowadays, the engine has proven unreliable in the long term.”

The @Arn38fr 1982 Lacam Roizon 185G is out. I really quite like the looks of it, and I am quite surprised to see this is the only entrant on the Starion body. Unfortunately, It’s another vehicle to fall victim to an unreliable engine; 48 reliability is low. 1160 running costs are on the pricier side as well, and it’s got an auto-locker diff instead of a standard lsd.

“An Atera Atom? Not what I’m looking for, but might as well click on the ad, right?”

the @HybridTronny 1992 Atera Atom VS-T is out. It’s FWD, so to overcome that, it would need to be stellar everywhere else, and it doesn’t quite get there. Engine reliability and running costs are the major marks against it.

“Oh god, a Panamericana Gira Junior SR. Hahahahahahaha.”

Let me start this review with the statement that I’m doing you a favor reviewing your entry at all. It takes a lot of nerve to get caught multi-accounting and turn back up with an entry in the very next CSR. So that said, the @WelcometoCostcoILU 1990 Panamericana Gira Junior SR is out. It’s an amalgam of weird choices. It’s seriously named the Junior Senior? SR badges appear on only the passenger side for some reason, vents are thrown haphazardly about, and the rear end that doesn’t look 1990 at all. It’s topped with a real head scratcher: a vinyl top… On a rear engined 1990s sports car. Right. Minmax 3 piston calipers front and rear. It’s not any bigger than the Miata sized triplets discussed earlier, so I have a hard time imagining the rear seats are useful. Despite it’s tiny size, and despite only standard 80s safety, it’s the heaviest car sent in by 110 pounds. The next heaviest car is a full 3 feet longer and this is still 50kg heavier. It has a 3.6 liter twin turbo flat six, but despite DOHC, 24 valves, and VVT, it runs out of breath at just 5500 rpm, and gives you a paltry 2600 rpm of usable powerband. It has AWD, which isn’t what we’re looking for. It has hydropnuematic suspension; with 150k miles on it already, I don’t want to be responsible for fixing that when that inevitably fails. Combine that with 2 full degrees of rear camber to deal with the weight distribution, and this car comes in with a blistering $1,813.90 in running costs. Yeah. Not exactly college student friendly.

“What is this? A Letto Cacca? Is this real?”

When the Panamericana made me think I had I had hit bedrock, the @LordLetto 1989 Letto Cacca shows that I hadn’t yet dug to the lowest low. First, look at this:

What the heck is that? What am I looking at?
Maybe the specs will help. Well, it steals the worst comfort title from the KGB at 6.8. Yikes. Looking at the photo above i’m very confused as to where the backseats would even go. Maybe the engine will turn this around, eh? Hmm, a 2.2 liter DOHC 24v V6. Must be a free revving sweetheart, right? Ooh, it’s got ITBs and twin turbos too, oh my, this must be a hot ticket. So lets see the figures, eh?

Sad trombone noises.

If you weren’t included in this review, congrats on making into the top… 34 of 59. More eliminations to come.

29 Likes

It’s not even Titleguys car, it’s @Urbanliner’s

3 Likes

EY! That’s not my car.

1 Like

Messed up a couple tags but they are now corrected.

1 Like