Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

The way my luck is with the RNG, I’d need to have 100 drivability in order to avoid just trashing my car, so I’ll take what I can get.

@Deskyx Can I ask for a quick run-down on what each of your supplied engines are?

GO50: C4 ZR1 LT4 expy
GZ70: LS7 expy
GB62: LS3 expy
LE20: 2ZZ/4G63
JB26: RB26
JK33EI: 2JZ with 5 valve head

2 Likes

Sorry for many “stupid” posts, but I’m looking for a pickup to use.

Anyone willing to comply?

######Rules don’t dissallow pickups or vans :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m at about 31 drivability but low on power. Hopefully the engine torque/power curve and responsiveness make up for that.

how large a pickup? You can always look up something like this:

If that suits your fancy I’ll send one over.

edit: much better. 28 drivability, 46% wheelspin. It’s all about finding the sweet spot and my sweet spot is full of tyre smoke…

edit2: here’s draft 1

5 Likes

I personally disallow joke builds of pickups or vans “for teh lulz”, because every joke you people make I have to scrutinize and waste my time, knowing full well that it’s a “LOL BUILD”, that will spend it’s whole career in the bottom part of the results list, and would at best be a challenger for a stock Communitasia

2 Likes

I actually think that a pickup can make a good drift car, just need to be well made.

2 Likes

I know you want to keep things kosher, but I have seen atypical builds that are at least competitive at a local level. The reason they’re lol builds is because they’re usually built and driven by people who lack the focus to take the competition further and just wanted to make the lol build but can still perform well.

I would advocate for seeing if the stats stack up. If they do, great. If they don’t, or they somehow break the game in unforseen ways that we can’t fix due to Automation balancing, then well, naturally it should get cut.

3 Likes

I might as well not bother finishing the Knight build, then. Because every challenge I participate in, I end up either in the bottom of the results list or eliminated early, because my performance builds are never quite up to par with everyone else’s.

SOF says otherwise. In any case,I know a joke build when I see one.

3 Likes

SOF '75, eliminated in round two, during the battle runs before the semi-finals.
SOF '83, eliminated in stage 3, a full round before the semi-final.
SOF '89, dead last in stage 2, but survived elimination through lack of entries up until stage 5 where I was eliminated outright with 3 remaining rounds.

I don’t think that’s exactly a track record that says I did well. That sounds more like everyone figured it out and left me chewing dust.

I will finish the Knight, but I doubt it will do well. The Random Number Gods hate me.

With which judge in particular?

All it takes is 20% and a RTD 100% totaled and I’m screwed.

So I have to make the choice: defeat the design of a drift car and sacrifice wheel-spin and power in order to just drive the track, or push up the power and gain wheel spin, but my drivability goes to shit.

It’s taken a lot to get that 30 points of drivability, and I’ve got somewhere a little north of 650 horsepower. The only way I’ve gotten 30 points of drivability is with +15 Advanced Safety, because if I bring it down to just enough to make 50 points of safety (+1 Advanced), my drivability falls to 26.4.

It’s how I know the car won’t do well, but I’ve committed to building this version of the Knight. So, yes, I’m carrying 220-something kilograms of extra safety equipment on board, because losing 1 point of sportiness to gain 4 points of drivability means that while I won’t outperform on the track, at least I have a chance to not crash out in the first round and be done for the rest of the competition.

You’re sacrificing 200+ kilos of weight, to gain less than 1% chance of avoiding the roll to dodge huge crash

Does that big crash just end the one race, or wipe you out of the competition for good? Because that determines my answer.

The 100% failure crash means you’re out of the particular race. The crew will rebuild the car before the next venue.

Then I’ll be throwing out 200 kg of safety equipment. That was my mistake for thinking the car would be permanently damaged. Though, that might’ve been because I’ve been through the Survival of the Fittest 3 times and damage stacked up there.

So in this case, completely my fault for misinterpreting the damage. I was worried a crash would wipe out the car, completely unrecoverable.

Dont worry im doing the same :smile:

May I wonder why you think it to be a LOL Build?

Are we not allowed to have some creativity over using the same 2 and 4 door cars?

I’m just trying to have a bit of fun.