Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

To summarise we will look into it seriously as long as it keeps up to the spec of the others.

I’m a bit skeptical of most of the massive trucks that populate utility based contests. Ladder frame excessively long wheelbase and heaps of weight tend to all be bad for drift cars. But I’m going to give it a shot myself.

1 Like

Strop did the testing, and I will just quote this word for word.

So yeah, this stands, trucks are banned, along with vans

3 Likes

Further to this: you may yet find examples of trucks that were built counterproductive to their utility: monocoque chassis, unusual panel materials, independent suspension etc. but for massive trucks and vans that weigh over 2 tons, the weight and the long wheelbase remains the issue, as well as the sheer amounts of power required to get them drifting.

You’re faced with a compromise of:

• great wheelspin, horrendous drivability, poor circle test
  • terrible wheelspin, mediocre drivability, still poor circle test
  • terrible wheelspin, poor drivability, marginally better circle test

But you’ll still get slain on the track by at least 2 of the 3 judges no matter which way you do it, plus have a much higher chance of crashing out anyway.

However! As I said, utes that are based on cars are fair game. Those are competitive because they have the same dimensions.

2 Likes

You may yet find examples of trucks that were built counterproductive to their utility: monocoque chassis, unusual panel materials, independent suspension etc.

Literally the Monolith S-Series. If someone can make it a solid mid-field competitor I’ll reward you with something. Even more so since none other than Squidhead himself has already had a go at making it go fast around a track with the limitations of a simulated diesel engine. This time however there are obviously no restrictions to the engine.

torquelesswonder - S-Series.zip (121.2 KB)

Uhhh where to start… I really want to use my own car but being a lot of them don’t have any stats next to poster…and the one I was aming for is 65hp too powerfull… oh dear. Really shame 400 is the limit, my (only real) musclecar would be puurrrrfect.
EDIT1:@squidhead fuel system must stay the same, what about fuel system configuration? Also Adaptive dampers… they are not active but I’m not sure they are the choice for drifters…
EDIT2: also

Is this value that one under detail tab sportiness?

If you’re wondering if you can change the AFR then yes, you may. Also yes, it’s under the detail tab.

I think akrjordan is talking about manifold and intakes. We’ve established you can do what you like with the intakes.

@Awildgermanappears ok I’ll take a look later today.

I’m wondering about fuel system configuration => I have Direct injection and I can’t change that (not that I want to) but it’s a single throttle one and you can imagine it’s limiting me quite a lot… can I change that?

So i take it that semi-active sway bars are not allowed?

Yes, you can.[quote=“Dorifto_Dorito, post:130, topic:19608”]
So i take it that semi-active sway bars are not allowed?
[/quote]

You take correctly

1 Like

A question @squidhead, just out of curiousity: The second and third judge does have more variables to account for outside of those shown? Otherwise you would get the same values from them for every corner or race. Only the first one will change (outside of random occurance).

I dunno about squidhead, but I sure do know that I totally forgot about this when discussing scoring system :cold_sweat:

Uhh. @squidhead your move :joy:

There is a tire deterioration mechanic that will have a changing factor depending on a track you’re on, that lowers some stats and increases others. It will reset at the start of each next competition, but once you’ve arrived at the track it’s all going downhill.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what top speed should I be aiming at… if there will be laptimes at some high speed tracks than 250kph+ seems like something worth having, otherwise… not so sure.

I ended up with 250 and some change kph to get 40% wheelspin, but then again, i probably have the lowest amount of hp @ sub 600 :smiley:

I’m @ sub 500 so…yeah :slight_smile: trying to keep drivability above 30 and wheelspin above 35…

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile: I’m trying to keep it above 25 driveability, maybe should lower it some… 35% wheelspin seems enough

erm, 15 and 53%. i’ll crash,m but the drifts prior to that will be amazeballz

1 Like

SRD is reacycling the 1983 SOF entry, the legendary ENDURADO, wich placed 2nd in that years brutal competiton.

(Survival of the Fittest 1983 [Finals posted][Complete] - #262 by Matti)

The ugly duckling got a happier face. Who isn’t happy when going sideways? We still didn’t return the rear wing to Lufthansa. Some also say it will be renamed into ENDURIFTO.

6 Likes

22 drivability, 64% wheelspin, nearly 600hp from a naturally aspirated V8… What are you all even talking about :laughing: