Performance Tuner King of Drift 2016 [Entries closed] Comment section open

I didn’t pay attention to @squidhead advice to improve my track performance but went the opposite way :grinning: :smiling_imp:
No seriously, I couldn’t extract any more time from my car on the track so I tried to ‘‘improve’’ wheel spin and drivability. I even lost some time, braking distance and Gs. I basically went full driftokaze (pun intended) for judges 2 & 3, hoping I outdrift my opponents with my 501 NA SOHC ponies, while I never really understood that #1 Judge…

edit: that pun wasn’t really relevant for my car

3 Likes

It might have paid off… or it might have not… we won’t know till the results are in… well I do know, since the results are ready, but I’m not revealing them just yet.

3 Likes

Well, I’m not last, so I’m doing better than last time.

Arrrrgh I am actually quite upset that due to rushing to fix a last minute revision I forgot the aero at 0 rule. My car will be virtually undriveable due to massive amounts of high speed oversteer now!!!

then again maybe this reflects the vicissitudes of real competition, heh

Round 1 is complete, congrats to everybody who made it.

2 Likes

Well, I’ll gladly take mid-pack with the lowest amount of horsepower being thrown around.

#There will be an opportunity to dial in your setups after the upcoming USA rounds are done.

Guess I’ll just turn up for the minimum points :joy: driving with a messed up setup means I don’t even have any useful info on how to tweak though…

TIME TO FLY BLIND AND ENTER ASS END FIRST

Just take your set, remove all the downforce, and re-tweak the sucker to get more drivability while keeping the under/over in check, and don’t lose much wheelspin in the process. That’s all there is to it.

I now think I may have overcooked it on the boost…I’m not sure anything can be done to save it now :sweat_smile:

Yes there is a… drivability issue…

i’m not entirely sure i can do much more without resulting in certain death.

I guess we’ll have to call this in as a pure development season for the team.

It took all I had to retune to what it is now. I don’t think there’s much more I can get out of it unless I choose to give up all wheel spin in favor of drivability, and that won’t help my scores any.

Woohoooo :grin: I did not expect that! After not being the best in the pre season and not changing a thing for main event (ran out of time and ideas) this struck me hard. Superpumped! (had some luck tho…)

1 Like

Well, it seems my car got some boost, but not enough to compete with the biggest gun yet… I’ll see if i can boost it up more in between the rounds. But still… I managed 4 at least and without hurting the car too much :slight_smile: yey

Quite frankly… neither did I, and team KHT has already got their drinking hats on, but then the “crushing disappointment of RNG” happened.

Yay, I didn’t expect that decent result with damaged suspension :smiley: I guess my mechanics are good if they managed to repair that complex multilink thingy quick enough for the next run :wink:

All they needed was to borrow some duct tape from every other team in the field.

1 Like

Then that was some damn good duct tape :joy: