UC - ManHell Automotive

I have difficulty insetting round tail lights in larger round tail lights without causing annoying clipping issues but yours look great on the Adha. How do you do it?

I have similar problems with vents/grilles and lights. Any vent/grille on my computer seems to take over the foreground, no matter which part I lay down first.

(and your designs are completely awesome, btw)

Round tail lights are not ‘mix friendly’ with themselves (figure 3 and 4), and square tail lights are ‘mix friendly’ only in flat surfaces (fig.1 and 2).

Square tail lights

Round tail lights

You should/have to mix the couple of round tail lights on the pic below.

They work pretty well in flat and curve surfaces, even with square tail lights.

[quote=“VicVictory”]I have similar problems with vents/grilles and lights. Any vent/grille on my computer seems to take over the foreground, no matter which part I lay down first.

(and your designs are completely awesome, btw)[/quote]

Many thanks for your kind words.
Yep, headlights plus grills/vents are a tricky thing because almost all of them tend to disappear (bottom) in the side view, even being short in size and being in ‘deep’ grills/vents.
Here a trial-error process is a must to know if a couple of fixtures are ‘mix friendly’.
Anyway, as you can see in some of my cars, “a trick” is on placing a rounded or square headlight (or more than one) in the main one.

…but sometimes, in a given angle, you can see that does not work completely fine.

Yep, totally, that I think is why somebody (can’t remember who) suggested that in the UI we have a “prioritisation” or grouping option for the fixtures, like send to front, to back, up in the order etc. etc.

But thanks for the tips, that will definitely help! That’s something that has been bothering me ever since I started playing Automation! :slight_smile:

[quote=“strop”]Yep, totally, that I think is why somebody (can’t remember who) suggested that in the UI we have a “prioritisation” or grouping option for the fixtures, like send to front, to back, up in the order etc. etc.

But thanks for the tips, that will definitely help! That’s something that has been bothering me ever since I started playing Automation! :slight_smile:[/quote]

You’re welcome :slight_smile: .
Precisely yesterday I was thinking about it (layer system, prioritization…), after have been playing with little “strips vents” and giving new shapes to the lights etc (a nightmare in some circumstances)… I think that being able to lock and unlock the fixtures (padlock icon) would be enough, easy and clear for everyone. A layer system or a priority system require a UI and manage everything properly…, really a good feature that is up to the devs.
Also “I miss” not being able to change some vents color mainly into black (or a different one).

LOVE the Enis S8. Such a real looking car… and the 3.9L V8 is interesting too. 405hp out of that thing? Kind of weird to see it with light interior though. Wish there was better description for some of the options in the car designer.

Like… what’s all packaged in with Advanced Safety or Luxury ETs? Because when I think of lightweight for the interior, I think of an empty interior with Recaro racing seats. You know, because this game also has a few options for racing. But the lightweight interior is the same weight for the standard interior too, and I think of the standard interior being like what you’d see in a Honda Civic or your every day car.

Interesting intakes on the Harxo VS. Is that sort of intake included in the community fixture package thingy?

The Mento TLS also stands out to me. The rear lights and fixtures are just so damn clean. Absolutely beautiful.

How long do you spend on these cars? Do you just whip them up real quick? Also do you do design work or something IRL?

I’m glad you like it. I like that ‘bulky’ feeling on sedans…, as in the Elba, a big front element - the grill- plays the role of focusing the looks around it taking more ‘weight’ than any other element. Unconsciously our look always end up looking at the big or flashy areas/object.
A good example would be the Chrysler 300. I love how simple and classic it seems…, I like a lot that car.

… and, the engine is nothing out of the ordinary :slight_smile: .
I was looking for a good reliability, smoothness and a relatively good economy. It still could be optimized a bit with a smaller bore, losing some weight and getting cheaper.

[quote=“SuperSportNick”]
Wish there was better description for some of the options in the car designer.
Like… what’s all packaged in with Advanced Safety or Luxury ETs? Because when I think of lightweight for the interior, I think of an empty interior with Recaro racing seats. You know, because this game also has a few options for racing. But the lightweight interior is the same weight for the standard interior too, and I think of the standard interior being like what you’d see in a Honda Civic or your every day car.[/quote]

Yep, agree on the light interior, and yup weird on that car, probably I was thinking in a sportier version and… forgot to change it or something after taking a break.
I also agree about the descriptions, I guess everything will come in time. It also happens to me with the performance numbers.
What’s comfort = 15?, no context, there’s only an average of results, so atm I’m setting my own bars and requirements on what is a comfortable/sporty/etc thing given those averages.

I guess you are talking about the chrome intakes close to the rear window. Kubboz’s vents, and you can find them in the Community modpack thread.

Yep, agree :stuck_out_tongue: . I think that the rear end of that body is quite tricky, it’s really large and you easily can get insipid designs (the Artemis is close to that).

It varies so much…, e.g. I’d say that every car, but the Raven, on the winter collection post took me about half an hour or so.
OTOH, yesterday night and after the dinner (around 22:30) , I started a new hyper sport car (engine included). I made 4 versions (automatic, 7, 8 gears and an automatic in high quality) with their respective (in deep) tweaks (suspensions, aero…) and went to sleep around 02:00 so… a few hours.
I was going to change the front end (it seems a Banse version) but here is the CTX 651 AL (automatic gearbox).

web design?! (and was time ago) hehe, nope, nothing related to the automotive world unfortunately.
This question remembered me some old drawings that I wish to share (I was 12 years old).

‘De luxe’ time.

Julo NL - 2.0L I6 NA - Luxury hatchback (4 seater) in CR steel with db wishbone suspension sys. Luxury interior/ET and advanced safety.

Grandier NL - 4.2L V8 NA - (almost a) Luxury sedan (5 seater) in aluminium with db wishbone/multilink suspension sys. Premium interior, luxury ET and advanced safety.

Soverign NL - 6.5L V8 NA - Luxury sedan (5 seater) in galvanized steel/steel with db wishbone suspension sys. Luxury interior/ET and advanced safety.

Glycon TLS - 3.5L V8 Twin Turbo - Luxury sport coupe in carbon fiber with db wishbone suspension sys. Luxury interior/ET and advanced safety.

The Heill 751 RSD (limited edition), is a revamped version of the Heill 601 RS. One of the goals were to keep away those crazy service costs and change that rear end (was meh!).
Heill 751 RSD - 7.0L V8 NA - Sport coupe in carbon fiber with db wishbone suspension sys. Super light interior, basic ET and advanced safety.

Heill 751 RS - Rev0.lua (114 KB)

Oh man. I can’t get over how amazing the Heill 751 RSD looks! You NEED to post that in the Stean trailer cars thread to get it in the trailer! :slight_smile:

TY Pleb, I’m glad you like it…, didn’t know about that thread. I have to spend some time around the forum and read more hehe, I’ll post it as you suggest, hopefully won’t be too late.

A few models.

Sorano - 5.8L V8c NA SOHC MFI 32V- A MC in galvanized steel/HM alu with db wishbone suspension sys. Standard interior/ET and advanced safety.

Venom GTS - 3.0L I6 NA DOHC DI 24V - Premium sport coupe (2+2 seater) in AHS steel/alu with db wishbone/multilink syuspension sys. Premium interior/ET and advanced safety.

and a little sport coupe inspired by the Exen.
Saiera NS - 3.5L V8c NA DOHC EFI 32V - Premium sport coupe in AHS steel/HM alu with db wishbone syspension sys. Premium interior/ET and advanced safety.

(Edit)
The PRS 751 in its commercial version.
Pyros TS - 4.9L V8c Turbo DOHC DI 40V - Sport coupe in carbon fiber/aluminium with db wishbone syspension sys. Super light interior, premium ET and advanced safety.

Septo 680, alias ‘smiley’ - 3.8L V8f NA DOHC DI 40V - Sport coupe in aluminium with db wishbone syspension sys. Super light interior, standard ET and advanced safety.

Estela 565 LS - 5.0L V8c NA DOHC DI 32V - Luxury sport coupe in carbon fiber/aluminium with db wishbone/multilink suspension system. Luxury interior/ET and advanced safety.

Estela is a family of luxury sport cars that will arrive on the forthcoming years in different versions - bodies -.
Estela 366 LS - 3.2L I6 NA DOHC DI 24V - Luxury sport coupe (4 seater) in AHS steel/aluminium with db wishbone/multilink suspension system. Luxury interior, premium ET and advanced safety.

ASPX PS - 4.5L V8c NA DOHC EFI 40V - Concept car in glued aluminium/polymer with db wishbone suspension system. Hand crafted interior, premium ET and advanced safety.

Conde 250 L - 3.0L I6 NA DOHC Carb. 24V - Luxury sedan (5 seater) in CR steel with db wishbone/semi trailing arm suspension system. Hand crafted interior, luxury ET and advanced safety.

Teide 675 PS - 5.4L V8c NA DOHC DI 40V - Premium sport coupe in carbon fiber/aluminium with db wishbone. Premium interior/ET and advanced safety.

An off-road car to compete with the Samurai. The Samy (what a creative name!!) is available in NA and turbocharged versions.
Samy 4WD - 1.5L I4 NA and Turbo SOHC MF 16V - Offroad car in CR steel with Mcpherson/solid axle leaf suspension system. Standard interior/ET/safety.

Samy 4WD’s successor.
Kamel 4WD - 1.8L I4 NA SOHC DI 16V - Offroad car in AHS steel/CR steel with Mcpherson/solid axle coil suspension system. Standard interior/ET and premium safety.
Really not sure what max roll angle value would be good for this kind of cars due to, generally, their hard/stiff suspensions.

Napa 572 S - 4.5L V8f Twin Turbo DOHC DI 32V - Premium sport coupe in aluminium with db wishbone ss. Super light interior, premium ET/safety.

Fender S - 6.0L V8c DOHC DI 40V - Sport coupe in carbon fiber/aluminium with db wishbone ss. Super light interior, standard ET and advanced safety.

ManHell Automotive cancelled this project in the early 90’s due to the high budget and the lack of a specialized department or sub brand that could focus on the high standards required.

ManHell X-75 LMS - 7.0L V8f NA SOHC SPFI 32V - Sport coupe in carbon fiber with db wishbone suspension system. Basic interior/safety and no ET. Only TC, ABS and power steering assists.

Oh, my, that’s the first proper racecar I’ve seen built in Automation! The livery is just perfect!

TVM Jackgoe, despite being a nice body it felt somewhat empty…, only need some sponsors hehe.

(EDIT)

A new mini van was presented in 2011, the Heral 4WD. The Heral is intended to provide excellent mobility around rural areas, being a versatile vehicle for passenger and cargo needs.
There are two versions; P (performance) and E (eco) that share everything, even the engine (front transverse) with some variances like the pistons, head and valve system (with their respective settings)…

Heral 4WD (P - E) - Mini van in AHS steel/aluminium with Macpherson /solid axle coil suspension system. Premium interior, standard ET and advanced safety.

Holy , i do absolutely love you work with the fixtures! All you cars look like reallife-production-ready… damn. great work

Can i ask, how do you put the sponsors on the car?
Like is it really advanced photoshop or is it like a skin?

BTW Amazing work

I love the Heral, even though I don’t believe solid axle is a good choice in such a car.

[quote=“Noporian”]Can i ask, how do you put the sponsors on the car?
Like is it really advanced photoshop or is it like a skin?
[/quote]

Just some photoshop/gimp in action.

Razyx… this is nice!!!

That Saiera… the orange one… I LOVE IT I love how you put so much detail and effort in these cars!

On the back of the Heral, is that white line a grille/vent? And the exhaust looks comically small.

Otherwise, it fills an otherwise unoccupied segment of the market!