10s Supercar (RESULTS)

Results
Everybody here made a fantastic effort, with many different approaches that worked to varying degrees, with some opting to try max out on performance, and some opting for a large emphasis on the drivability, prestige & affordability, and some opting to compromise in all areas.
8th- @HelloHi & his NS1. This car was relatively affordable and a decent looking vehicle to my eye with good aesthetic appeal, however it struggled in a lot of the performance aspects (likely a symptom of the strange engine choice and the extra mass it added). Not a bad effort nonetheless, scoring 21/48 overall.
6th- Two entries here, @HighOctaneLove and @nightwave, with both cars attaining 24/48 points
Let’s begin with nightwave and his Tyfon SCW. This car found itself as a decent all-rounder, scoring around mid-table in most aspects besides theoretical performance stats where it found itself towards the top of the table. A solid effort and one I can commend for being one of the cars I would actually buy if it was my money.
HighOctaneLove’s vehicle, the Bazooka 460AE, was not my favourite car from an aesthetic perspective, however this is likely not a symptom of the car itself being a bad looker, but more likely a symptom of it being the oldest and therefore most dated car here design-wise. Additionally, it was one of the less rapid cars on track, however it made up for this in the “sensible” areas such as cost, comfort and prestige, where it finished high up the order. Again, another car I would actually consider buying (especially with it being 11 years old now and likely having a healthy chunk of depreciation!)
4th place- Another tie, between @Urke101 and @vero94773 with 25 points each.
First, urke101 and the R550 Evo 4. This car finished dead centre in pretty much every category except for the theoretical performance aspect, making this car a fantastic all-rounder and again, a very sensible car to buy. Great effort to balance everything in such a perfect manner.
Now, vero94773 and the “Project Blackbird” which I understand was a collaboration vehicle. This car is just insanely fast on the track (the fastest in the group by about 3 seconds) and a fantastic looker in my opinion. However, it did fall slightly short in other aspects such as comfort & prestige, likely due to its positioning as more of a track car.
3rd place- @Lazar and the Kuso Sekai with 29/48. This car was also a great car from an aesthetic perspective, and I genuinely spent quite a while staring at this one. Additionally, it comes in at a relatively reasonable cost and finds itself being fairly rapid round the track and being a great daily driver, with it scoring fairly well in the comfort category. However it did struggle in prestige and theoretical performance.
2nd place- @Riley and the Zephorus Z-S, scoring 31/48. Yet again another fantastic car aesthetically and a great car on track, coming second only to Vero’s absolute monster of a car. Additionally it scored well in most other areas, with its very high cost compared to the competition being its only main drawback.
1st place- @karhgath and his Octane XT640, scoring a staggering 38/48. Wow, this car did fantastically, scoring in at least the top 3 in every single category almost. Fantastic effort, not much more to say.
Great job everyone, and thanks for taking the time and effort to submit these beautiful cars to me. This was a very close competition and I am genuinely impressed by all of the designs and vehicles here.

6 Likes

Thanks @Boxsterholics for hosting this fun challenge and everyone for entering. This contest made me both drool at the entries and cry looking at my bank balance :wink:

I guess the aspirated V12 really made a difference here. I see why Ferrari has a hard time letting it go. Still quite surprised to finish first with all the great entries and the fact I am quite new to the game and community.

That was a super fun one.

1 Like

Thankyou @Boxsterholics for providing a competition that forced me to push my boundaries; I’m pleased with my results and my car scored well where it mattered to me when I designed it!

The link to download the car has been placed on my submission post where you can see what you’re getting, hahaha!!!

2 Likes

@karhgath @HighOctaneLove you’re welcome, thanks for submitting! Maybe I’ll do another one if I can ever be bothered again :sob:

1 Like