1995 Letaran Auto Convention (Car of the year 1995, FINISHED!)

Did I miss something or are reversing lights not required?

Appearantly not…missed that little detail when reading through the ruleset that was more or less copied from ABG. So, since the rules are nailed already…

However, since I can’t think of a 90s car without backup lights, it will certainly not improve the chances of your car winning if you cheap out on such a thing.

2 Likes

I would suggest that also facelifts would be possible, which means only the trim level needs to be 1995 if the variant level is 1995, too.

Too late, rules nailed.

Ah damn, I planned to answer yesterday morning but then got stuck in Automation and its exporter issues and missed the opening.

Though I guess you could always pull off a BMW E28… “It’s an all new car, I swear” :rofl:

Also, a little reminder.

This challenge is closely tied into this one:

If you’re planning to enter, and not participating in LHC, my suggestion is to go there and register according to the description there. This is after all a challenge supposed to reflect the Letaran market, and of course, I can’t force anyone to join LHC but it sure is more fun and interesting if we can read about how your brand is doing in LHC then.

I’m prepping a couple entries under my Torrent brand, but may “send” an SUV from Canmo.

Can I make something for this? Id be totally new to Letara. I dont want to lobby, just want to make cool cars.

As I said, this is a challenge series tied into LHC, to flesh things out a bit. Hence, I prefer that people that are into the LHC are using the brands that they are already running there, and that people that aren’t there already, sign up for that challenge.

You don’t have to lobby at all for LHC (and for this side-series, you can’t even do it), if you want to stand outside, you can just send in cars there if you want, lobbying is no requirement.

So TL:DR - Yes, you can make something for this, but my recommendation is to sign up for LHC then too, since you don’t have to lobby or anything if you don’t want to. Seeing a Wells or Axuus in LHC when it starts up again could always be fun!

2 Likes

Torrent brings three new cars to the 1995 Letara car show, featuring the primary elements of the automobile - economy, utility and speed. The new compact Meander, the new compact sport utility the Morraine, and the exotic sports car the Deluge.

I’ll go into detail on each below…

1 Like

1995 Torrent Meander

Torrent introduces a new compact sedan powered by a new 1.4L boxer 4 - the Meander. Featuring a sleek 5 door silhouette, it’s tiny but spacious footprint is amazingly practical. Sporty looks feature daytime running lights that give the Meander a unique front end visage. Making 108hp, the peppy 4 sips fuel getting 33mpg. All for $19,100.

1 Like

1995 Torrent Morraine

Torrent introduces a new compact sport utility vehicle powered by a new 2.0L boxer 4 - the Morriane. Based off the new Meander compact sedan, it’s larger, even more practical and adds AWD superior traction. Sporting a unique front end similar to the Meander, it’s powered by larger 2.0L boxer 4 making 150hp. Go further off the beaten path with increased ground clearance and almost 26 mpg. All for $20,400.

2 Likes

1 WEEK LEFT!

This far I have gotten submissions from
@abg7
@quiz

Ad but no car
@crwpitman1

1995 Torrent Deluge

Torrent introduces a new mid-engine exotic sports car, the Deluge. Powered by a new 3.4L boxer 6, it’s boosted to supercar levels with two turbos bringing horsepower to a heady 524 hp and 451 lb/ft of torque. Featuring a classic silhouette updated for the 90’s, adorned with signature Torrent details. AWD reins in all those raging horses, aided by the latest stability contol. 0-60 arrives in only 3.4 seconds. All for $47,100.

3 Likes

Sat Nav are classified as advanced technology but is allow to use?

2 Likes

What is a front and rear side reflector???

3 Likes

Notice the difference between these two headlight styles. The USA one has orange refelctors in them compared to the European one being just the headlights.

Or you get cars with them as separate reflectors in the bumper

9e7c50fe-965f-46ee-ad25-82eb597f7d92

1 Like

Not only allowed, it might score you some extra points. (As long as it seems like it can be justified. Having a 25 hp inline 3 and drum brakes all around to be able to fit satnav to a low price won’t place you high, to put it that way).

Swanson 900 Next Generation
The Everyday Supercar

Left to right: 925S (Eurospec), 937SP (submitted), 937ST

Sporting an airy glass cockpit and racy snorkel air intake, the NG improves on the classic 900 in every way.

The happiest accidents are the ones that don’t happen. We know a mid-engined car, even our own, can be a handful. That’s why we worked hard with top engineers and suppliers to equip the NG with state-of-the-art Electronic Stability Control, so it points the way you want it at all times.

The NG 3.7L Boxer Six now comes with a stronger alloy block & head, and variable valve length & timing for 100hp/L. Through a slick 6-speed manual and electronic LSD, 0-100 in 3.8s and 325 km/h is effortlessly achieved.

Gallery

4 Likes