2005 Best in Class [Review 3/9]

“Dirty and crude” being my in-joke about the fact that it’s not either an inline engine or a V8, the engine types that currently support the wonderous technology of the Turbocharger.

What is it really? An all-aluminum V6, roughly 3 liter displacement, DOHC, and not following my usual build strategy to be the most efficient design in the world.

And the only reason I used the V6 is because I couldn’t make an inline 6 fit. I also wanted to remove temptation to turbocharge, no matter how much it might possibly increase efficiency and power.

Dirty and crude it really isn’t. But from a company standard, I’m playing it up in the above post that I don’t like V6’s.

And no, the tail-lights were not fun. To me, they look good, but it was not worth the hour of fiddling with them to make them fit. The only thing making me smile is knowing that whatever mechanic gets the bill of trying to fix the rear light clusters after a fender bender is going to likely scream with all of those tiny individual bulbs to replace.

ROFL I thought you meant Iron Block Push Rod! Shows how high my standards are :laughing:

What size I6 where you going for originally? It looks like a 3 liter I6 it should have been able to fit in that car.

Oh, a large inline 6 would fit rather well in that car. Just not sideways. I did say I was breaking all my rules with this car, and I don’t do nearly enough transverse mountings, and now I know why.

You’ve got yourself some competition.

[/quote]

Ahh good I would hate to have things too easy. We will have to compare notes and specs once the entries are closed.

Still here, just very busy.

I hope to get all the entries updated tonight, or tomorrow night after work.

Perhaps both.

Is there a limit on fuel octane and type? If not, is there any penalty for stuffing RON 100 in my wagon? :laughing:

Nope.

The only limits are how realistic you actually want to build your car.

Much better.

Also, some one needs to see a PM and respond.

One of these cars is doing their own thing… One of these cars is not like the others.

Lordred, it’s Madrias, not Madris. Sorry for being picky.

I’m not on the list and I havent had a PM :question:

@RoyalStig Look [size=200]CLOSELY[/size] on the list and check carefully whose entry fits like a fist to a nose.

[size=150]HINT:[/size] It’s something related to this challenge’s subject

Hi guys,

A little weird and embarrassing story. Prior to entering this competition, I hadn’t used this forum approximately since the Steam version came out. Anyway, last week-end I ended with a little bit of extra time on my hands and my frustration with the initial saving issues had worn off so I decided to have another go at it.
This is when I managed to clone my account. The forum greeted me with the login form. I type the “RaduSStan” username and the original password and I was in. It seemed a little bit weird that all my PM history was gone but I didn’t gave it too much importance. Only today it hit me, while i was browsing some older post and I found one of mine with this account.

TL;DR version:

Accidentally cloned my account.
RaduSStan = RaduST → Same person.
RaduST is the main account
ARO 654 SAFARI (picture below) is my submission
I will PM Lordred about this

Also:
Nice to be back.

Edit: my “cloned” account seems to predate this account. Probably created RaduSStan when I first heard about Automation just to check it out, forgot about it, and created RaduST after I bought the full game.

[size=85]*(from the 2005 Erin Motor Company *showroom brochure)[/size]

[size=200]Let’s be honest; sometimes, we all want a bit of space.[/size]
Especially when it comes to your car. More space in a car means many things - more room for passengers, more room for your dog, more room for storing the kids CDs, and so on.

[size=200]But often, space comes at a cost. [/size]
Usually, it’s performance. When was the last time you saw a people carrier going faster than a sports coupe?
Other times, it’s handling. Who wants a minivan that rolls like ship in a storm when you could have a sports saloon that can take Eau Rouge at 100 mph?
Sometimes, it even affects safety. A dinky MPV won’t have the same safety equipment you get in a proper sized sedan.

So what to do? You need a car that doesn’t have these problems.
You need a car that achieves a balance between your necessities.

[size=150]And that’s where the new Erin Berlose Tourer comes in.[/size]
A car that offers all of the luxuries and comfort of the standard car, near enough identical performance and economy figures, the same road tax and insurance, but with a difference.
It’s got 3 times the boot space, seats that fold flat and can even be removed, taller headroom and more legroom for rear seat passengers, 10 extra storage spaces throughout the cabin, and a larger fuel tank.
And then, just as a little extra something, it’s also been fitted with a 4 wheel drive system.

But of course, you’re still getting the usual features of the Erin Berlose as well. That means, on this top of the range Vox AllDrive model, you get the smooth, efficient Millenial 2.9l i6 engine, which will give you 40+ mpg. You get Erin’s latest E-Road infotainment system, which is aided by 8 Bowers & Wilkins speakers and two 8" displays to allow rear passengers to watch DVD’s or stream television to. You get 5 star Euro NCAP rated safety protection, including progressive airbags, Cabin Reinforcement Shell (CRS) technology and highly advanced ABS/traction control systems that adapt to road conditions, car weight, speed, direction and more. And all in a car capable of 0-60 in a comfortable 7.1 seconds and a top speed of 150 mph.

Balance really is the definition of the Berlose; it offers more space without the compromise of a great driving and ownership experience.

i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Mackiatoe/berlose%20marketingimage%201_zpswtrr5ctu.png

No VMO mods?

My last mods are optimized to 200 polys.

My older mods no.

It’s now about the shonky aero/drag business vmo. Have you fixed that?

I need to fix that because I uknown this proble. Thanks for the feedback.

I was feeling really good about the numbers from my off road vehicle until I re-read Da Rules and saw the “medium compound” only for the tires. There goes 15 off-road points.

Major Update to the submissions so far.

If you are not listed, and think you should be, see if I have sent you a message why you aren’t on the list, or poke me because I may have missed your PM.

Entries: 19/?

[quote=“Lordred”]Major Update to the submissions so far.
If you are not listed, and think you should be, see if I have sent you a message why you aren’t on the list, or poke me because I may have missed your PM.
[/quote]

[size=200]POKE[/size]
I’m not on the list (I was on the list attached to one of your earlier posts, the one with a guy from '99)