2022 Camshaft Software Crossover Play Competition - FINAL RESULTS

In the camera settings right at the bottom is a checkbox for upscaling, you then select the upscale type and the amount

3 Likes

The preferred angle of the image is whatever you feel best showcases the aesthetic of your design; if that means you have two of the same car in the image, showcasing different angles…that’s up to you! :wink:

With respect to Photoshop; this is something I should have clarified earlier, but:

Screenshot Rules

For this and subsequent official community contests, we will allow some photo editing of submitted images. Standard photo adjustments (exposure, colour balance, etc) are absolutely permitted, as is compositing multiple Automation-sourced images into one.

However, compositing an Automation screenshot with a non-Automation sourced image, real life or other, is not allowed, nor is compositing real-world elements either.

2 Likes

Hey Mr. Chips, quick question regarding the downforce stats. Are we using the values on the aerodynamics tab or the ones seen on the test track page?

Thanks for the tip!

One more clarification; what about tools that directly draw on the image, or edit the image’s content?

Examples of what I mean from my test image

For one, a large part of my car’s spoiler is visible from within the car, something I can’t fix in-game due to how the spoiler is made. Not a problem for the competition, since interiors don’t really matter, but it really stands out at the angle I wanted to take my photo with, so I wanted to edit it out.

In a separate case, the “depth-of-field” simulation glitched out a bit where one of my tires touched the pavement, and I figure the easiest fix would be to manually patch it up with the pen tool.

BeforeAfter

2 Likes

From the test track page.

That’s fine; basically, all we are trying to do is make a more level playing field, for those that don’t have the crazy Photoshop skills to basically insert their Automation car into a real-world car ad, among other things.

Plus, since all of those real-world images are copyrighted one way or another, disallowing that style of composite avoids a complicated legal headache for us as a business using them.

It’s fine for people to use them for their own personal use, you can claim fair use for that and it’s fine generally, but for us as developers? that’s a whole different story.

3 Likes
The Cyclist: Tactics Demo is Live!

The event-specific demo for The Cyclist: Tactics is now live; you can find it on the Steam Store Page for The Cyclist: Tactics.

To play the event, you must go into “Single Race” mode, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the “Tours” to find Event 0; it will be highlighted in green; this is the Prologue event! Follow the instructions in the dialogue boxes as they come up, and have fun!

A note regarding the rules of the TC:T segment of the challenge; in the event that multiple contestants achieve the same result in a given event, the contestant will then be ranked by submission date and time, with the earliest submission being assigned the best rank.

The deadline for submitting your Prologue results is 11:59 PM Pacific Time on July 20th.

Not sure how to play The Cyclist: Tactics?

We are running a live streaming event on the Automation Discord at 3 PM Eastern Time (9 PM Central European Time) TODAY for all players who want to learn the ins and outs of how to play The Cyclist: Tactics! We will be doing a short pre-recorded video, then Killrob will be taking the stage for a live playthrough of an event, and we will be fielding questions from the audience.

This will be a great learning opportunity, and probably a lot of fun too; come join us and get an edge on your fellow contestants today!

4 Likes

How do we actually submit our results for TC:T? Is there something we have to upload or share, or is it done within the game?

It’s done entirely within The Cyclist; follow the instructions in the post above for how to access the event, then play the event, and follow the instructions in the dialogue boxes until completion!

I did that, but I’m still able to play the event. Will only the first results count?

Only the first results count.

1 Like

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to plug in my car’s weight values and such into the CPCC sheet calculator. It won’t let me enter anything into the blue square for empty weight! What can I do to get the values?

The base document isn’t editable, to prevent it from getting messed up accidentally. You have to make a copy of it, which is located under the File tab. The copy can be changed and give you the values you need.

3 Likes

Thank you, it worked! Now if I may one more question, what about that combined section width? Is this referring to the maximum tire width of front and rear combined?

Yes, that is correct.

Alright, here goes nothing:

2020 Mara Kavaler 4.6 Challenge Ultra

The Challenge Ultra on one last late afternoon test run on a not yet opened brand new part of the Archanan highway system

edit: fixed the ‘flying car appearance’ in both pictures (snap-to-ground is more like snap-to-air for suburban highway at the moment…)

6 Likes
Zephorus Autos

Presents

Maures ZRD

| 5.0L V10 Twin Turbo |
| 940hp |
| 2.3 Tonnes |
| 7 Gear AWD DCT |

15 Likes

Here is the Yinzer AllStar RR. It is reasonably quick and reasonably light.

2 Likes

2020 Swanson 337TFSX
3.7 Boxer 6 Twinturbo, 536hp, reasonable commuting performance.
I hope my mediocre Cyclist prologue results came through

7 Likes

Daniloski KimiQuattro CCPC Edition

(Ok, CCPC Edition wasnt included in .car name, but ye, basically that)

As can be observed, this is wagon used to best of its abilities.
It has very big trunk space, allowing for carrying lot of stuff - 1910 liters, if we arent mistaken.
Vehicle can also handle tad bit more than 900 kg of people and cargo, again trait of practical load-lugger

But this isnt just practical machine, it packs serious performance too, courtesy of 4805cc V10 TT engine packing 697hp and close to 900Nm of torque.
Results are solid, despite it having 2140ish kg.

Now we shall prob adress elephant(s) in the room.

Considering this was elite competition, it only made sense to pull out the very best.
Michael Hoodmaker is likely THE best racing driver our facilities had ever come across and he is never afraid to prove it.
Also use it as reason for insisting on higher paycheck in comparison to other drivers

Needless to say, Ludwig isnt pleased by role of second fiddle, but he is going to drive the car for fair amount of time - being designated driver for road.
Ofc he is going to be tad bit taxed by this, but that just means literally everybody else comes to their races fresh and ready to compete
That includes cycling team and their belongings, including their bikes in roof extension

9 Likes
2020 Markely Sovereign SST

The Markley Sovereign SST is designed to take of the best the world has to offer in the traditional American way. Powered by a 6.0 liter twin turbo V8, it makes 726 horsepower and 786 foot pounds of torque, it's capable of hitting 60 mph is 3 seconds and the quarter mile in 10.86 with a top speed of over 225 mph. Yet despite this performance, it still features the amenities and drivability one would expect from a midsized luxury car. It even still manages over 25 mpg.
9 Likes