24h - La Marche 1960 [Results]

@Der_Bayer

I just realized, you said I “used monocoque even though no safety was required”

Don’t the GT cars have a minimum safety of 20? I can’t remember what mine was but I don’t think it was massively over that minimum.

True, I forgot :smile: Sorry!

Being slow is a thing I know and accepted, the high reliability is what I went for.
As a small Austro-American manufactor without a sport image it made sense for their first sport sedan to flawlessly finish the race to sell it as “race-proven” and reliable to please the small customer base, while a Potential class victory could turn into a disaster If the car fails in front of thousands of spectators.

A Primus dealer would now tell you “See this one, its race car that is very Close to this thing you are looking at made it through Le Mans without mechanical trouble, this will be a smart purchase”

Yeah, my battleship with its bird-swallowing intakes will likely be on its fourth engine by the end of 24 hours. There’s something to be said for reliability.

2 Likes

Hold up you can swap engines mid race? omg that’s crazy

Not in this challenge, but in the real Le Mans, parts were routinely replaced in the pits, up to and including whole corner assemblies, and possibly whole engines. These trumpets suck up a lot of air, low-flying birds, and especially towards the end, remains of other cars.

OMNOMNOM

In honor of the honor done to the car by the host’s comment, and coincidentally because it turns out Raqqada is an actual place somewhere in Saudi Arabia, the DCMW Raqqada goes into production, renamed Barrijat, Arabic for “battleship”. It’ll be the ancestor to what will get rebadged as the Norðwagen Þor, better-known for its cheap derivative, the Nightslayer:

3 Likes

Essentially the same image that my company went for, even as a pretty underfunded Japanese manufacturer we went more along the lines of ‘make this racer as cheap and reasonable as possible so that nothing can go wrong’. And yeah, same deal with the dealership thing - the company plans to sell the non race-spec version and use the whole ‘a car not too different than this, made right here in Japan, made it all the way through Le Mans!’ reasoning as a selling point

Bst thing about having a sickly, lethargic 6 pot that makes bugger all horsepower is that there’s not a lot to go wrong, it’ll just be about whether the time you’re in the pits is offset by the massive speed you’ll be getting on the track. Like a sprinter that needs 5 second breaks once in a while compared to a really slow marathon runner that goes half the speed of the sprinter.

any info on when the second part will come out?

1 Like

I already have collected most of the material and the main thing to do is the voiceover. So some time next week is realistic!

9 Likes

Sorry for the delays - the final results are ready to be presented on Thursday! Join during the premiere or watch on demand afterwards :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I wasn’t expecting such high ITE for big engines and fast cars.
Congratulations to the winners!
And thanks to Der_Bayer for the great challenge

3 Likes

I’m happy with that result. I feel like the little thing punched above it’s class. Given another week of messing around, I probably could have broken the 300 lap barrier, but I’m satisfied.

Thank you Der Bayer for running this, and I look forward to whatever you come up with next!

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t expect that. Thank you for the challenge, it was great fun!

3 Likes

Well done Deltaz and Riley! Thanks Der_Bayer.

Podium is good.

2 Likes

Congrats to Riley and Deltaz! Turns out that the ITE was more competitive than I expected.

BTW, I don’t know if this is allowed, but I’m willing to share my car file here if other competitors (especially the top ones lol) would do the same. I’m really curious to see what you guys did and it would help everyone else learn new technics

1 Like

Congratulations to Deltaz and Riley.

I’m happy with a P7, reliability got me 2 places over my qualifying position. Thanks for running this challenge, it was very fun and I hope we get more of these in the future.

2 Likes

A great challenge, should’ve tried harder in the looks department like I’m known for to clinch the top spot. Well done Deltaz and Der Bayer!

3 Likes

Damn bird-swallowing intakes… though the beauty vote was decisive too

You Have Sunk My Battle Ship Death GIF - You Have Sunk My Battle Ship Death Bill And Ted - Discover & Share GIFs

@mr_rondini Sure, why not?
LM_-moroza-_DCMW_Raqqada.car|attachment (82.8 KB)

Will there be a 1961 rematch?

Yay happy for 10th place :slight_smile: