AGC 29 - Getaway

Any news? Or no news is good news as they say

3 Likes

Reviews are coming, was far busier and away from computer a lot more last week than expected.

9 Likes

I can hear the rumbling of engines in the background… Must be the contestants coming to the playground.

Any news?

We can (and in light of recent events, should) wait until 30 days have passed since the deadline for submissions, but if the final results have not been announced by then, should we resort to a poll to decide the winner?

That would be a shame if that had to happen, it´s such a cool setting and Xepy is already here for a long time, so I am a bit worried.
I have some Canadian people I know and they all tell me their country is a devastated hellhole at the moment.
@Xepy are you alright?

Wait, what is going on in Canada?
Not mister current here, as I was away on vacation.

We’re on fire :+1:

1 Like

As an alternative to a poll, I’d suggest allowing a user who did not enter this challenge to take over hosting duties, if the original host is unable to maintain them in a timely fashion (within ~30 days). That’s exactly what happened in TMCC5 - but I’m still holding out hope that this challenge wraps up in the usual way instead.

There are so many challenges out there, might as well give it a wait.

4 Likes

Well, Mazda ran a TMCC for a year and hardly anyone did complain… I don’t really wish to see that again, but on the other hand I don’t want to see too much of double standards either… Giving @Xepy some slack and time for a good explanation is still viable IMO…

6 Likes

Yes this is late and less indepth than it should be for how long it took. But real life happens and for reasons I’m not going to go into, the past several weeks had been basically been either not at the computer but only at the computer for work purposes. So I’ll apologize for that, and if you have any complaints, I probably won’t be around to hear them for the next while. Word of the wise, only host if you have time for it, but hey, sometimes you think you’ll have time and end up not having any.

Results

#15. Artillery GT

@quiz

While the design is not bad, the car is definitely very simplistic. So simplististic there’s not much to comment on because there just isn’t much there. Engineering is a let down however, one of the slowest entries while being an oversteery mess.

#14. PAV, Agborough

@charlemagnejv3

Its a quirky looking car to say the least, with its sneering face, oversized indicators and mustard yellow paint. Unfortunately quirky doesn’t exactly mean its a looker. Car also runs super stiff - it gets performance numbers but it needs to be usable on the street not on the racetrack.

#13. Norðwagen Fenrir Mk1 GS6

@moroza

Not a terrible looking shooting brake, but the unfortunate colour scheme doesn’t help as it hides all the details - for better or worse. Engineering however is heavily minmaxed, twin turbo with AWD in 1976? Doesn’t really matter what lore you put in it, that is purely prototype tech at that age, not a production car deal. Also by far the most expensive, even if cost doesn’t weigh much.

#12. Globus Grand Cruiser Commander

@Happyhungryhippo

As a base design its not bad at all but the blue exterior green interior is not selling it. But it certainly fits, especially as a lower end, slower choice for early on in the game. Engineering is competent enough and fast enough for the era, but its the slowest thing here and one of the worst in the corners.

#11. Miller Mistral GT 351

@Ch_Flash

While it isn’t a bad looking car, the front fascia is rather messy with lights and an excess of chrome, while the rest looks rather plain in comparison. However, while it is a car with decent perfomance and handling, it is absolutely compromised by its poor ride quality. Its a getaway on the streets not the racetrack.

#10. WM Wight 5.0 Sprint

@abg7

An interesting coupe with a long looking nose. Aside from its proportions, its boxy looks does not particularly stand out for better or for worse. Performance is decent, but fairly average for the challenge - was a good average benchmark for a bit till a few stronger entries were judged.

#9. Ilaris Iliad GT-S

@shibusu

I really like the fold away headlights, and the rear has a nice subtly aggressive stance but the lines on the side of the car bother me with its incoherence. The car however is very well tuned. Nimble and light, its tune is well sorted and it is surprisingly quick for its power figures. Certainly a good sleeper tune.

#8. Courageux Monte Carlo (USDM)

@mart1n2005

Quirky French coupe, complete with the yellow headlamps despite its USDM designation. The brown is very of the time but other than the headlights it may look a little too generic. It is also not the fastest in a straight line, but handles very well. Grips hard and certainly provides a different flair with it front drive. Only issue is that it rides really hard.

#7. Holloway Peregrine GTA

@xsneakyxsimx

Maybe a little simple, but everything works well. It has a mean stance and the boxy fenders give a tough look that’s not too over the top. Thanks to its light weight and high power, it certain moves and handles well. Heck of an uncomfortable ride however.

#6. Avion Castello Nightwing

@alen.alic1983

Undeniably menacing full-sized sedan, the Castello Nightwing certainly is a good looking carinside and out. While the hood scoop is a bit excessive, the rest is understated for what lies under the hood. Good grip and straightline performance for its size and weight, but surprisingly stiff for the type of car it is

#5. Tio Eagle GT-12 (Gen II)

@DrDoomD1scord

The only proper GT in submitted, it certainly provides a little some thing that the rest don’t. While the its birght paint contradicts it, the lines are good and there’s a sleek and rather elegant design there that isn’t too in your face. Its performance befits it, with high speed, fast acceleration, great handling, but absolutely horrid ride that would compromise its real capabilities on the road.

#4. Vaughn Champion

@Knugcab

Stylish Big American coupe, the champion is a looker without being overtly flashy. While its not the most detailed car, its cleaniness and consistent design makes it rather good. Another thing going for it is that the Champion does have a good bit of go for its distinctly non-sporty appearance - even if its limited compared to the true performance cars. Its suspension tune is also more compliant, so would be a bit less difficult than others along bumpy streets.

#3. Zephorus Deagle 429

@Riley

This is very good design for a muscle car, with the hideaways and flairs and bulges at all the bulges to make it look like it means business. Only problem is that the design does not match with the year (1976), but there isn’t any criteria for outright realism.It being a mash between an American Muscle and European sports car gives it a lot of advantages performance wise too. Certainly performs well, but will definitely be a rare car.

#2. Mercer Tarantula 490 R/X

@LS_Swapped_Rx-7

The Tarantula 490 RX is definitely an impressive muscle car, with aggressive styling, and a bold presence. However, it may be a bit more showy than we need it to be. Definitely performs like what one thinks of a traditional muscle car - fast in a straight line, lacking in handling, but that’s part of the charm.

#1. Kings Labrinth GT

@KSIolajidebt

Properly cool muscle car, manages to not look over the top in any way, while having the bold presence a muscle car should have. While it runs a bit stiff, the performance befits its looks - quick and not too bad on the corners either. Certianly not the fastest, but blends well with it being not the top of the line eye catching while being a very competent getaway vehicle.

Congratulations!

19 Likes

Yeah, that’s what happens when you try to make a Trans Am racecar road legal…

Anyways, congrats to @KSIolajidebt for the win.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be a surprise that it won - but there were also plenty of strong options that ran it close.

Also, I’m sure the Labrinth was built on either a '69 Mobula body set or a '65 Falcon (non-legacy) body set.

3 Likes

Hey, fifth! Not bad. I hope you’re doing alright man, and don’t feel hard on yourself for the wait time and everything

very epic

1 Like

never hosted before but there is always a first to everything

thanks and yes its on that falcon xb body
Screenshot 2023-06-24 002827

1 Like

Oh, the engineering is pure molten cheddar, no doubt and no contest. The car also heavily violates the Maximum Headlights rule, falls far short of the 15-passenger minimum, doesn’t have a plow, and can’t fly, all of which were emphasized in the brief just as clearly as engineering realism was, and therefore given as much heed.

Realism for a scenario is already a grey area needing clarity, but you asked for a right-styled, fast, and practical car for a video game - in other words, a game within a game, a layer of realism murkiness on top of the usual one - and not even a simulation at that.

Meh.

The color scheme works a lot better with ample lighting, especially the interior.

2 Likes
1 Like