AGC 29 - Getaway

1974 Ilaris Iliad GT-S

At Ilaris, we build cars.

No, we build cars that you can drive and drive on for many, many miles, and have an enjoyable journey with that. Low center of gravity through a boxer engine, low fuel bill through efficient fuel injection system, high reliability, aluminum panels for low 1120kg weight…We’ll let you decide what you think of it, but we think it’s a pretty nifty car.

Plan a test drive now and get a complimentary ‘I Didn’t Get Carjacked Today’ sticker free of charge!

7 Likes

1972 VAUGHN CHAMPION

Yes, it looks like grandpa’s land yacht.

But what if I told you that this particular example has the optional 455 cubic inch V8 and a 4 speed manual transmission?

Now, can you think about a better combination for some undercover work?

8 Likes

1975 Courageux Monte-Carlo

First launched in 1973 the Monte-Carlo is based upon the Courageux C15 family car. The Monte-Carlo is a lower and wider two door body style with both a hardtop and spyder available.

This model is the top 2.6l V6 with lightweight alloy wheels, front and rear spoilers and stiffened and lowered suspension.

5 Likes

one of the few imports here, and it has perfect 70s vibe.

1968 Mercer Tarantula 490 R/X

490 BIG BLOCK
DO I NEED TO ELABORATE FURTHER?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

12 Likes

Superlike.

1 Like

1976 Norðwagen Fenrir GS-6

Style…

…and Substance

6 Likes

Submissions are closed! as of about 5 hours ago.

I have submissions from:

@Happyhungryhippo
@Ch_Flash
@quiz
@xsneakyxsimx
@abg7
@KSIolajidebt
@charlemagnejv3
@alen.alic1983
@Riley
@Knugcab
@shibusu
@mart1n2005
@DrDoomD1scord
@LS_Swapped_Rx-7
@moroza

8 Likes

some more advert to shorten the waiting time…

7 Likes

Any news? Or no news is good news as they say

3 Likes

Reviews are coming, was far busier and away from computer a lot more last week than expected.

9 Likes

I can hear the rumbling of engines in the background… Must be the contestants coming to the playground.

Any news?

We can (and in light of recent events, should) wait until 30 days have passed since the deadline for submissions, but if the final results have not been announced by then, should we resort to a poll to decide the winner?

That would be a shame if that had to happen, it´s such a cool setting and Xepy is already here for a long time, so I am a bit worried.
I have some Canadian people I know and they all tell me their country is a devastated hellhole at the moment.
@Xepy are you alright?

Wait, what is going on in Canada?
Not mister current here, as I was away on vacation.

We’re on fire :+1:

1 Like

As an alternative to a poll, I’d suggest allowing a user who did not enter this challenge to take over hosting duties, if the original host is unable to maintain them in a timely fashion (within ~30 days). That’s exactly what happened in TMCC5 - but I’m still holding out hope that this challenge wraps up in the usual way instead.

There are so many challenges out there, might as well give it a wait.

4 Likes

Well, Mazda ran a TMCC for a year and hardly anyone did complain… I don’t really wish to see that again, but on the other hand I don’t want to see too much of double standards either… Giving @Xepy some slack and time for a good explanation is still viable IMO…

6 Likes