AGC32 - Mini Racers [Closed]

AGC32 - Mini Racers

⋆˙⟡ Brief

Sometime in 2009

Japanese toy manufacturer Remiya Inc. has decided to partner with Japanese game studio Delta-Digital to develop a simulation game, Mini Racers, centered around racing their Mini 4WD models.

Mini Racers will feature over 400 models and various chassis types from the past and present.

Remiya is looking to make a limited edition model commemorating the game’s launch.

⋆˙⟡ Rules and Regulations

As with the previous challenge, any in-game engineering is irrelevant. Advanced trim settings are unregulated

Y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶m̶̶̶a̶̶̶k̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶ ̶̶̶M̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶ ̶̶̶4̶̶̶W̶̶̶D̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶p̶̶̶e̶̶̶c̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶,̶̶̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶u̶a̶l̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶:̶

You are making an upscaled Mini 4WD spec car, the new size regualtions are:

⋆ Maximum total width: 3255mm
⋆ Maximum total length: 5115mm
⋆ Maximum total height: 2170mm
⋆ Minimun ground clearance: 31mm
⋆ Minimum/Maximum tire width: 248/806mm
⋆ Minimum/Maximum tire diameter: 682/1085mm
⋆Minumum/Maximum wheelbase: 2480/2604mm (determined by wheel placement, body wheelbase won’t be counted)

Other regulations/rules:

⋆ Cars are to only be propelled by wheels
⋆ Maximum of 4 wheels
⋆ Rollers are required (No limit as to how many nor their placement, but be reasonable)
Screenshot (1093)
⋆ A livery is required (Can be simple or complex)

Optional

⋆ Box art for your car
⋆ Detailed chassis

⋆˙⟡ Priorites

✮✮✮

Design: Mini 4WD cars use many body styles, there isn't a preference on what style you go for.

✮✮
Realism: The design can be crazy, but wide and low body styling and proportions should be indicative of a Mini 4WD car and not a real car.

Detail: While i’m asking for a realistic Mini 4WD-looking car, you don’t need it super detailed.

⋆˙⟡ Inspirations

⋆˙⟡ Submission Guidelines

⋆ Naming Convention:

Car and Engine Model name: AGC32 - Forum Username

Model Trim and Engine variant: Free

⋆ Submissions open 2023-12-10T07:59:59Z

⋆ Submissions close 2024-01-07T07:59:59Z

⋆ No Resubmissions

8 Likes

wouldn’t it be easier to scale up to real car dimensions? especially for fixtures that have large default sizes, trying to get them very small just means they’ll snap to the next decimal point in scale. it’s also generally easier to work in real size, and allows for 2d fixtures to be used for liveries and such.

4 Likes

Are the rollers the small circular things at the corners that keep the car on the track by rolling along a rail on the sides?

I’ll echo Chowi in that I think overall working in X:1 scale would make this whole thing a lot more accessible and much easier to work with overall. Probably also give access to much higher detail build than trying to work in such a tiny scale.

3 Likes

Thirding the request for larger cars, owning a few of these boys IRL I can pretty safely tell you that doing stuff like MA and FM-A’s ground effect aero at 1:1 scale would be extremely hard.

2 Likes

post updated, build size limits went from this:

to this:

6 Likes
A little late but submissions are open

This is still open, yes?

7th seems to be the deadline, so probably.

LMJ DESIGN PRESENTS: THE DUNE DWELLER

(Sorry for not making a better chassis, as someone loving old Tamiya it feels like an insult, but I am a bit too busy hosting other challenges)

6 Likes

Since there was no extension of the deadline, I guess I won by default?
Unfortunately I have no possibility to host another challenge at the moment.
Should we go back to AGC31 and its ranking list for an AGC33 host?

5 Likes

I’d take that option, if only due to lack of interest for the current AGC.

Ah bugger. I thought it was a good idea and was wanting to enter something, but Xmas + other challenges meant i didnt get time :frowning:

Most likely there were too many other challenges competing for users’ attention, so this one got lost in the shuffle.

I beg to both differ and agree as i think it was the skill ceiling of which all the people who are very versed into AGC type creations got either burnt out or were busy on something else along. So in turn the people who would be interested got swayed away due to simply because the influx of challenges of which people may decide to simply take a break of which it would happen during this challenge.

2 Likes

I personally was unable to finish because of my holidays, but if the host were to come back and extend the deadline then the challenge could be salvaged, seeing as it’s a very interesting idea.

So far there has been no word from the host on the fate of this challenge - I hope he orders a deadline extension for the sake of all involved.

With the little attention this challenge ended up receiving the last few weeks (my fault) I’d be lying if I didn’t forget about it myself (again my fault). I really wanted to give this a lot more attention as well as extend it due to bad timing on my part, I just wasn’t able to make that happen nor am I in a good position to do anything about it at the moment. I’m onboard with using the AGC31 rankings for a new host since that’s really the only option.

That’s not much of a surprise, is it? This also marks the first AGC in which only one person entered, and thus won by default. Let’s hope AGC33 is more successful.

AGC has always been at (or very near) the top of the prestige tier of challenges. That’s okay. Hell we had completely 3d mechas once. I think it is more the busy season and high amount of challenges, plus probably some bad luck and hosting issues.

2 Likes