AGC32 - Mini Racers [Closed]

Ah bugger. I thought it was a good idea and was wanting to enter something, but Xmas + other challenges meant i didnt get time :frowning:

Most likely there were too many other challenges competing for users’ attention, so this one got lost in the shuffle.

I beg to both differ and agree as i think it was the skill ceiling of which all the people who are very versed into AGC type creations got either burnt out or were busy on something else along. So in turn the people who would be interested got swayed away due to simply because the influx of challenges of which people may decide to simply take a break of which it would happen during this challenge.

2 Likes

I personally was unable to finish because of my holidays, but if the host were to come back and extend the deadline then the challenge could be salvaged, seeing as it’s a very interesting idea.

So far there has been no word from the host on the fate of this challenge - I hope he orders a deadline extension for the sake of all involved.

With the little attention this challenge ended up receiving the last few weeks (my fault) I’d be lying if I didn’t forget about it myself (again my fault). I really wanted to give this a lot more attention as well as extend it due to bad timing on my part, I just wasn’t able to make that happen nor am I in a good position to do anything about it at the moment. I’m onboard with using the AGC31 rankings for a new host since that’s really the only option.

That’s not much of a surprise, is it? This also marks the first AGC in which only one person entered, and thus won by default. Let’s hope AGC33 is more successful.

AGC has always been at (or very near) the top of the prestige tier of challenges. That’s okay. Hell we had completely 3d mechas once. I think it is more the busy season and high amount of challenges, plus probably some bad luck and hosting issues.

2 Likes

This is what you were referring to.

I just hope the next host chooses the right time to launch the next AGC - along with the right premise.

In fact, the fate of Mini Racers reminds me of this:

That was for AGC16, but back then, it was an all-time low for AGC… Until now.

I wouldn’t go that far. Regardless we don’t need to contact discussing, as we are just rubbing salt in the wound at this point.

5 Likes

Ok, reposting rank here to tag the involved people

1. @SoopeSpeed
  2. @shibusu
  3. @DrDoomD1scord
  4. @moroza
  5. @ctesiphon
  6. @ldub0775
  7. @Danicoptero
  8. @T0M
  9. @happyfireballman
  10. @Edsel
  11. @Sealboi
  12. @Djadania
  13. @AMuteCrypt
3 Likes

Please don’t let my tank give me hosting for next AGC.

uhh whats this about?

Read upwards

oh ok, that makes sense. if the rankings get down to me, i pass.

i cannot host, so thats a pass for me

With no answer from @SoopeSpeed in 3 days, what does @shibusu say?

We should wait for a response from both of them. If neither of them can host the next AGC, then we must contact the next highest placed finisher from 4th place on down, skipping over anyone who refuses to commit to hosting privileges for the next round as usual. Let’s hope it doesn’t get to the point where none of the entrants in AGC31 are available for hosting duties in AGC33, though.

I am willing to host, if @SoopeSpeed doesn’t take it up in 4-something days, I’ll try and put up a post.

2 Likes

you can host sorry I don’t check here often