American Road Trip Challenge [finished]

that turbo setup doesn’t seem optimal enough.
it doesn’t deliver enough power, OR more efficiency

@HowlerAutomotive when you’re going for fuel efficiency, lower total weight trumps engine efficiency.
you could have a 40% efficiency engine and put it in a 2 ton car, it will be beaten by a 1 ton car with a 18% efficiency engine

yea, could have made it NA with about the same efficiency and power if I think about it now … I was in a rush to get the last entry in :wink:

also I’m way under budget with $16.500 estimated price but thats intentionally for the roleplay aspect - Frankenstein Automobile is a budget manufacturer, we don’t have those 400hp powerhouses. didn’t think everyone is going for power though :smiley:

pretty sure you can borrow engines from other manufacturers for a swap

agreed, our crate engine sales could provide you with that. join the huge inline4 club :slight_smile:

fun fact: even with so many quality sliders abuse, my engine end up only costing roughly the same as a v12 with barely any QS.

No thanks, I had a few contract V8F Syron’s lying around the factory. Thank god I did not decide to Sepang treat the thing, it’s got too much wheelspin already :smiley:

haha, it would actually be a downsizing if you do though. nearly half the displacement and add BOOST!

Come to think of it, I got a 1.8L i4 turbo available from ManHell, also contracted. But who GT’s in an i4? I am here to prove that waxed moustache a bowler hat and a v8 is how you travel across these here United States of USA

and here i am a newcomer from asia coming to prove that wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

And Luke, the somewhat-crazy robotic CEO from Storm Automotive, trying to show that it’s entirely possible, so long as your I4 provides plenty of fun and no turbo lag.

I’d like somebody to enter a bone stock saminda, actually… :slight_smile: That could fare a ton better than all of our cars

well somebody need to invite him to compete here :slight_smile:

No more entry spots :frowning:

Hmm, I wonder if I should’ve gone for a premium interior or my truck. Most pickup trucks nowadays are practically luxury cars with a bed anyway. I admit my entry does use a 400+ horsepower engine but it also weighs 2.5 tons.

… and off we go!

22 Entrants have shown up to the American Road Trip Challenge, in which you are going to the start from the east coast and drive all the way to California.

Challenge 1 password: roundzero
NOTE: I made a mistake on the cargo volume factor. The correct calculation is cargo/25.

Results will be posted soon.

5 Likes

Yes! my car was designed with that type of challenges in mind :grin: I’m sure it won’t come last (at least in this challenge)

Glad I built a sedan! Please let the trunk space be enough!

My muscle have no chances :smiley:

###Challenge 1

Your journey starts at the east coast. We arrive at New York, and what’s the first thing you are going to do? Of course, your car is going to go shopping, but not with you personally. A group of people is waiting for your cars in which they are going to go on a shopping tour. The Jury is going to rate each of the cars based on their experience.

Score: Cargo Volume / 25 + Practicality + Drivabilty + Comfort + Number of Seats * 7

4 Likes

I don’t mind lending my car, but how come Airjordan is now driving it? XD

1 Like

Sorry, screwed up the sorting of the cars :smiley: , but the result of each user is correct. Fixed it.

1 Like