ARBC 2 [Finished, reviews out]

Automation Rebadge Challenge 2

Chongqing, China, 2023.

Zǎoshang hǎo Zhōngguó. China’s largest luxury vehicle manufacturer, Chongqing, part of the larger Longwang Auto Group, is looking for a joint venture for the manufacture and export of their luxury E-segment sedan – the CN6. To ease the manufacturing process and reduce the changes that have to be made, all major sheetmetal components will remain the same, as well as a great deal of the interior layout. Proponents are free to implement their own design features within the allowed areas of the car.

Allowed changes are shown in the following pictures. These rules extend to both the interior and exterior.
Anything within the red areas can be changed freely.
Orange fixtures can be changed but are recommended to remain in order to keep lineflow consistency. If these are changed, it is recommended that whatever replaces them also keeps the lineflow.
Blue fixtures can be changed, but whatever replaces them should be – reasonably – the same size, shape, location and serve the same or a similar purpose (so, don’t go changing vents for side-exit exhausts or climate controls for coffee machines or whatever).
Exterior paints can be one or two-tone, keeping in mind this is a luxury vehicle when choosing a shade. Interior materials can also be changed freely, just keeping them consistent with the exterior and eachother. A two-tone theme for the interior could also be implemented if you so desire.
Mechanically, the cars are meant to be identical, or at least extremely similar. Minor changes can be made to the trim, but anything related to the model and engine is to remain the same.

Submissions
  • Submissions will open 2023-06-21T06:00:00Z in case anyone wants to discuss anything about the rules beforehand.

• They will close 2023-08-01T06:00:00Z.

• In the model name, insert your forum name where it says so.

• In the trim name, insert your chosen make and model.

• DO NOT TOUCH ENGINE FAMILY OR VARIANT NAMES, or anything else about the engine for that matter. I don’t want a bunch of new engines in my list.

• Also, DON’T TOUCH MY PAINTS, I don’t want a bunch of my cars ruined. Add your own or clone mine.

• Here’s the .car file for you to work on: ARBC02_-[your_forum_name]-_[your_make_and_model].car|attachment (193.8 KB).

Inspirations

Example

First round of ARBC

12 Likes

Could we tune the engine?

2 Likes

Please don’t

2 Likes

I’ve added a set of real-life inspirations as well as an in-game example of what can be done within the limits.

3 Likes

This is awesome so happy to see you continuing ARBC wit strict rules too.

4 Likes

I think trim options should also be left as-is.

1 Like

Submissions are open

2 Likes

Can we change the wheel sizes?

2 Likes

IK i already replied on Discord, but just so everyone sees this:
Yes, you can change wheel and tyre size.

2 Likes

2024 Auburn Antimony Xs (CDM)

5 Likes

Hi all.
I’m unexpectedly going to be away from my PC from tomorrow until the 24th, so I’ll extend the deadline until then.
Apologies, I had thought that I would have my PC with me but it turns out I won’t.
@nate21 If you want to make any tweaks in the meantime you’re welcome to do so.

3 Likes

Got it

2 Likes

Should I extend the deadline or just consider the challenge dead?

Dang, I just remembered about this challenge. Gonna try make something out of this if I’m not too late

3 Likes

I had something on the go too and I can imagine others did. I would love to see the deadline extended!

4 Likes

Very well then, I’m adding a week, until August 1st.

3 Likes

So I’ve gotten to the interior part, and I have a couple questions:

1. Would adding ambient lighting on the blue parts be allowed?
  2. What are the restrictions for badges/letterings?

I’m gonna say yes, just not on the seats lmao.

And as far as badging, whatever you can make fit within the red and blue areas is fair game.

3 Likes
11 Likes

要是日行灯改变一下角度就好看了