Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

Pretty sure I have one of the weakest engines this time which is a bit odd for me…

How many horses?

i dunno, im running less than 100hp/l

Well I could tell you if steam would work, however I recall it being just a bit above the 320 mark for horsepower, not very impressive for a race car.

I hope you realize ~320hp is what the Ferrari Daytona was making 3 years after the time at which these cars are in

Which is still less than most of these “beginner” league cars :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, i think you have a point. My Sense for HP is fucked up from todays cars. So a 450hp FR ca with fiberglas body is really some kind of overpowered. The wheel-spin teils the same story.

I hope you realise that we are on the Automation forum where real life cars have nothing to look for with their performance :wink:

1 Like

I’m running an 8:05:xx with the V8.

Damn, your engine in my car would be an 8:02 - 8:03.

No doubting that, but I just wanted to point out that for 1970s, 300+hp is a hell of a lot :wink:

How did you become so fast? I tried so man things, but i couldn’t get faster. How much HP can your Engine produce? And How much dies IT weight?

Well, this challenge is … road cars with racing engines … or something like that :smiley:

And the 70’s was also the era of turbo monsters like the porsche 917.

Edit: @Newtonmeter, 402hp, 1017kg car

1 Like

To be fair, the Daytona in race-spec made 450hp anyway :joy:

1 Like

And some pretty normal, road legal Maseratis and Jaguars made about 300 hp :slight_smile:

And How heavy is your engine?

I real hope for season 1977/78 turbos will be allowed. So alot high powered cars with bad breakes and wheel-spin till too speed will race each other

They will, but don’t expect it to be so easy :wink:

Sorry for being away guys, I’m without my pc today, but tomorrow I’ll scrutinize yours cars and start running the cars!

(My car have around 360hp from a 4.5L I6)

2 Likes

I imagine the MR set-up is why, you can get so much more power to the road without spinning it all away in a cloud of smoke.

For example, your FR that you posted above does 0-60 (or 0-100 in metric) in 4.7s with almost 450 bhp. My MR car with 417 bhp will do it in 3.4s

1 Like

Oh, that’s it. He’s running an FR car.

Yep, MR does the trick.

too bad I can’t submit this anymore :joy:

V12 458hp in a 1018kg MR car.

So, scratching the 8:00 might be possible with some more tuning.

3 Likes

And Here’s my dinky little car

7 Likes