Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

It looks like a London Taxi!

4 Likes

Had sex with a Lada Niva

8 Likes

m i n d = b l o w n

The back of it looks like an ugly cube.
I now want to give it the title of Space Taxi

2 Likes

There was this German movie I watched where Til Schweiger stars as a space taxi driver! Ohh, and that totally isn’t a flamboyant parody of Star Trek and Star Wars :sweat_smile:

Is it just me or have quite a lot of challenges opened up recently? Wish I had more time to build whacky cars with questionable engineering choices that can somehow perform well in some circumstances… basically French :stuck_out_tongue:
My receipe to build a 60’s rally car: Have it be an estate, with a 4x4 drivetrain, galvanized chassis, a DAOHC I6 with three eco-carbs, luxurious interior, obligatory radio and with at least four seats so you could take some paper-workers on the trek, too! Ohh the DBR was sweet :sweat_smile:

Good luck to who entered!

4 Likes

I trieb to bilden this Engineering in a Mr car, but I suck at the tire/suspension setup.

A 8:01:xx holt shit. That is awessome.
And you could get eventuell more HP than Ib😂

1 Like

i started with my 1972 Car with the old rules today … so far 8:04,xx :angry: but there is still place for optimisation maybe i change the body not sure… will wait till the regulations are clear :neutral_face:…as i remember about 2,04 kg/PS

People, just need to alert you of a slight change in plans. Nomade just told me that he is unable to time the cars on Fuji Speedway due to a bug or some other reason. The track has been replaced by Suzuka Circuit, so there will still be 6 races like normal. That’s all.

5 Likes

So, when are we starting this?

Nomade is currently totting up the times. Darkshine5 will announce the results.

2 Likes

Sorry the lateness, real life decided to change to hard mode without warning. But now everything is under control. The runs should be finished this night in brazillian time (UTC -3).

6 Likes

Brasillian nights are long i guess…
So are there any ideas on Changing the rules?
E.g. minimum safety 38, max wheelwith 255, min/max wheelstand?

We’re discussing these rules right now

I said the runs would be ready and they did, but who will write the results report is @Darkshine5 and he is working to make a great announce to you guys.

About rules changes, yes, there will be some improvements for next round, we’re taking in account all your feedback until now. If there is something you would like to point out, please do so.

Make minimum engine reliability a rule :smiley:

Overall reliability doesn’t say that much if we’re not allowed to use negative quality anyways, you can be 1 tick away from 0 engine reliability and still over 50 overall.

Edit: If you’ll do this, I’d suggest something like 10 or 20.

3 Likes

Then going full-retard with the engine would be a viable option :smile:

FYI, the engine I’m running for this challenge has a reliability around 5 because it doesn’t matter at all. Minimum 10 would be reasonable for a time attack type challenge.

No, going for an overall reliability makes for a car that can have an unhinged engine but as a whole will not fall apart the moment it gets on the track. Limiting engine reliability in a race challenge makes no sense.

Then drop the “no negative quality sliders”. Without negative quality you won’t get that low in overall reliability whatever you do.

Also, for engine reliability, we’re not talking to the level of production engines. Just something that doesn’t disassemble once you hit the gas pedal.

So how about a reliability of more then 0?

2 Likes