Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

Here’s my contestant, a MR car with an attitude: The Scarab Cirrus GT. Steel monocoque and fiberglass body, 4.5l v8 and no comfort in sight. Just speed and handling. Perfect for the trackday, but nothing else.

6 Likes

Car Nr.3 is again a little faster but the second looked way better.
That’s Nr.2

And that is probably my Car which will be send in.

Which times can yours cars run at the green hell? Did anybody could race it under 8:00?

6 Likes

@Newtonmeter I don’t think it’s really possible to get one of these cars below 8 minutes on green hell, below 8:30 should be within reach, though.

2 Likes

:smiling_imp:. I won’t say much but…I’am under 8:15 and i don’t tell about 8:14:5 :wink: . The Gollum did a 8:16 .

I really hope that my green-hell Setup will work at the other tracks,too

1 Like

I hadn’t the time to build more precisely, so I didn’t tested in Green Hell.

Edit:

I liked more the Nr. 3.

As a German brand the DFM (Deutsche Fahrzeug Manufaktur) only test at the green hell, because it`s the only german track at this challange (for now) and a car who could survive this track can race everywhere :-).

But will it lead to good track times at other tracks? Will we see.

So i prepared the Crossworks Ugly B*tch but don’t have time to post sth now maybe i’ll show it to you later today or tomorrow … some stats: exacly 25l/100km …35 Safety… Green Hell under 8:20…and if i remember it right 17.700 or 18.000 $. We tried our best to make it the worst looking car in this contest to underline that only the Performance counts on racecars :sunglasses:

When you instantly know what youtube channel someone’s watching :joy:

I might build something for this challenge on the weekend.

2 Likes

KHT Brooklands in BRC 66 trim strikes back with a vengeance

8 Likes

So much of a “beginners” league :smile:

1 Like

Beginners referes to @ramthecowy in this case :joy:

3 Likes

Haha, we’re working in this part, there’ll be a lot of improvements for next round!

How about, in order to make this a better learning experience for beginners, that the best car (or top 3, top 5 e.t.c) are uploaded to this tread after each round so that people can download them and see why they were so fast. This way if people want to use their expertise to win they can, and as the rounds go on people will learn more about what helps make a car win.

3 Likes

To confirm as host: for this round there will be a simplified scoring system where the top fifteen get points, so to repeat what Nomade0013 said:
1st place - 15p
2nd place - 14p
3rd place - 13p

14th place - 2p
15th place - 1p
16th place - 0p

This scoring mechanism is very basic and may be changed in the future, however, any changes won’t be made until the first season of the 80’s.

That’s a real beaut!

d’ya wanna be DQ’d mate? :unamused: :triumph: :joy:

Good idea. Will be discussed.

2 Likes

no, master

Crossworks Ugly B-tch

We know everybody is going to love the colour and the pedestrian friendly front. Since we are a luxury brand we added some chrome.

5 Likes

By the way, are mods allowed for this league?

Mods? What do you mean, workshop fixtures and bodies? Of course, as long as they aren’t Barth bodies.

Yup that’s what I meant, thanks!

1 Like

This is waht i’m working with ATM

it goes round green hell in 4 score and a half

4 Likes