AVION (Automobili Velikih Inovacija Ovdašnjih Nacija)

The placement of the main instrument panel, auxiliary gauges, air vents and in-car entertainment controls is very similar to that of an F355 - except the Vulkan’s center console is more conventional in that it not only joins all the way to the floor, but also houses the HVAC dials and a row of buttons with various functions, including the hazard light switch. The space taken up by the Avion logo could also be used for an oil temperature gauge if, as I’m assuming, the leftmost gauge on the center console monitors oil pressure.

1 Like

It is an RWD platform indeed and yes… There is a place holder just in case… :blush:

2 Likes

Hey, the placeholder can be anything you want after modification, or a boost gauge if I decide to go in that direction. Though, I’m not pushing away from NA in my mind. Too much torque might ruin the purity of sports car driving

1995 Avion Vulkan Turbo
The second offering of Vulkan lineup
200Turbo RWD horsepower goodness from the base 1.8l modified for turbo use. Internals, bore and stroke remain the same.

7 Likes

1996 Avion Vulkan DarkStar 6

B6 3.0l NA 265HP RWD
1260kg
0-100km/h 5.2sec
Luxury spec interior
37k AUD

Our little sports coupe is turning into a proper grand tourer.

5 Likes

This is the flagship of the Vulkan line, and it easily justifies its positioning with its bigger engine and extra standard equipment.

1 Like

It does so as a comfy fast car, fun to drive as well. However, the DarkStar Experimental hints at a very limited run of extreme performance model. That said, the Experimental has been watered town significantly to make this easy to handle GT-ish work of beastery. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have my LC series car on the same body utilizing the same years. I kinda wonder how they would fare against each other in some type of comparison test :thinking:. I made mine in the spirit of a Lexus SC300, and seeing this Vulkan, makes me want to re-visit/re-tune the LC.

2 Likes

Revisit and send the file. I already have abg7 cars as well. I’ll drive them back to backin BeamNG, make a comparison video. But make sure to have a solid interior. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Avion Vulkan DarkStar 6
Nurburgring Run
8:13.46

Enjoy the run :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Vulcan is coming along very nicely. Also, is this the correct translation of Avion?

Indeed it is. A virtual company based in Italy but owned by a person from balkans, gathering the talent of local Balkan countries to work together to create the things seen here :sunglasses::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Every time I am amazed at your ability to produce cars. But unfortunately, I could not enjoy watching it - I did not like the format of the video. The view from under the wheels does not suit me, I could not assess the drifts in the trajectories. Nevertheless, the departures from the trajectory happened - most likely because of the narrow-profile tires, which usually set your factory, but you have skillfully countered this tendency.

3 Likes

Hey, everything is possible. I just wanted to have more perspectives. :slight_smile:
Also, the car is setup for light corrections of the back end using the throttle. Apply it like a child and it will slide like crazy, but apply finesse and it becomes your dancing partner. Been setting it up for 3 days.
Also, the tires are staggered size 225 front and 245 rear. I do use Medium Compound on this model to give it a few extra comfort points.

3 Likes

If I compare my Shadowcrow lineup to your Vulkan, the base Vulkan competes with the Shadowcrow 2.5, while the Vulkan Turbo is a direct rival to the Shadowcrow 2.8. The flagship Darkstar, meanwhile, is meant to give the Shadowcrow 3.0 (especially the Touring spec) a good run for its money. And the bare-bones SR shares its philosophy with the Shadowcrow Lightweight, but at a lower price point due to being derived from the base model.

I used the exact same tire sizes for the flagship Shadowcrow, but with sports compound for some extra sportiness points, in keeping with its positioning as the most performance-oriented trim of the lineup, with or without the Touring package (hardcore Lightweight trim notwithstanding).

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that reviewing your cars. My original setup was with 255 rears but it proved too difficult to get the tail around corners and off throttle it would just understeer like a piggy. 245s solved that issue. I think I’ll go with a sport compound on anything over 290hp.

And yes, SR is literally a blank canvas for modding. I welcome you to clone it and modify into something your own. I’m thinking of making such challenge soon if there would be participants interested

1997 Avion Vulkan DarkSpeed
Top tier Vulkan performance model
1150kg
B6 3l RWD
330HP
0-60 4.4s
Vmax 280km/h

4 Likes

The DarkSpeed is the most formidable Vulkan by far, and it’s definitely my favorite version. Judging by the sports seats on the inside, I suspect this is an even more track-focused trim than the bare-bones SR.

1 Like

Indeed it is. But this is a complete car whereas SR is bare bones for the reason of creating something awesome.

1 Like
2 Likes