Beaverton, OR 97008
(503) 876-7253

Condition: No. 3
Wheelbase: 1.8m
Engine: 1.3L Inline-3 (36 hp)
Availability: In Stock!

More info

About the Bazard Rikkett

The Rikkett was the result of Bazard trying to pounce on the lack of small cars in the US at the time, making what they internally dubbed the “Just-enough car;” a car that was “just enough” to get the owner to their destination, with no extras attached. And they meant it; with a 1.8 meter wheelbase and 1 meter track width, this thing made even our import hatchbacks seem like giants!

This generation Rikkett came standard with a 900cc inline 4, but you could also order it with a 1300cc i4 from the next truck in their lineup. As is typical with Bazard vehicles, both engines produced relatively high amounts of torque, making them pretty good at hauling things, especially if you got the wagon or truck variant. Plus, they were some of the cheapest cars you could buy at the time.

Of course, their size still made them a sales disaster. They were pretty uncomfortable to try to fit in, and once you did, they were barren with features even by 40’s standards. Also, their fuel economy, while not bad for the time, was pretty disappointing given how light it was.

Today, this largely-forgotten auto always has a way of standing out at a car show, with a cute design that’s sure to attract attention!

About this vheicle

This example was bought new in Raleigh, North Carolina, and owned by the family across 2 generations and about 17 years, during which time it moved to Portland. A 3rd owner bought it in April 1964, and drove it until it broke down sometime in 1968, before parking it in a barn near Gaston, OR, where it sat for 41 years. The decayed car was bought by a restorer in 2009, who spent several years restoring and repairing it before taking it to shows and tours. The restored vehicle was sold to us in September 2019.

This vheicle is the wagon model, with the much rarer 1.3L engine. The engine and exterior are in excellent condition. Minor wear can be observed on the interior fabric, but overall the interior is fully put together and in great shape. The original title is available, as well as the sales records from 1964, and the original front & back license plates (as shown in the photographs; modern, registered plates are available). This car has the potential to be turned into a No. 2 show car with relatively little cost.

The car is available to see during store hours, or you can call or email us to schedule an appointment and test drive!

7 Likes

That front fascia is like “OUO”.

2 Likes

FOR SALE 1984 Wells LC 2.6T

$3800

Im postin this for my pops, he’s not into all this internet stuff so here we are. As you can see, This is a 1984 Wells LC with the 2.6 v6 turbo motor. Its got all black leather interior w/no rips or tears, Pops would have a complete bitch fit if he ever caught me with my feet on the back of the seats back in the day… its a 4spd stick shift as well.

This car was my dads baby until he bought a '99 LC. After that, this one pretty much just sat in the garage. He would bring it out on weekends sometimes and go cruising, he even bought some aftermarket wheels to update the look a bit I guess.

It’s got 87,000 original miles with all the paperwork and maintenance records to go with it. Pops said he wants $3800 for it , so here it is. He said there’s a new LC coming out and he needs to make space for it, so SOMEBODY has to go.

If you are reading this, it is still for sale.

7 Likes

1998 Mara Kanyon 2.3 RLXi

The Mara Kanyon has originally been developed in the early 1980s as a no-frills 4x4 off-roader (with the only compromise being independent front suspension), powered by a 2.5l inline-4. Shortly after its release, it got two siblings: a RWD-only barebones option - the Reyndzher* - and a 4x4 ute / pickup-truck, the Bizon. In international markets, the Reyndzher was often sold as the Kanyon R to avoid name infringement.

With the opening of the worldwide markets in 1990, the Kanyon / Reyndzher / Bizon SUV and ute family had to take a backseat to more pressing car developments of smaller (Zvezda) and larger (2nd gen Kavaler) mass market car families and the Kanyon family just received a minor facelift. Notably, this facelift alleviated most of the safety and insurance issues that had marred the Kanyon’s rocky entry into the US market in the mid 1980s.

Once the new Zvezda was released, the Kanyon family also received the Zvezda’s all-new 2.3l inline-4 OHC fuel-injected engine as a base engine instead of the ancient 2.5l carburetor pushrod. Shortly after, with the release of the larger 2nd generation Kavaler sedan in 1995, the GLX trim was added for all Kanyon versions, heavily based on what the upscale version of the 2nd gen Kavaler offered in terms of gearbox, steering and interior.

The RWD-only Mara Kanyon R in its (un)natural habitat…

All these enhancements were attempts to keep the Kanyon family relevant for the market, despite the underlying foundation being from the early 1980s. As with the Kavaler, a 4.0l V8 engine was also now available as an engine option, as were AMM-tuned trims offered as factory options. The last facelift in 1998 even brought MPFI engines and a CD player as standard to the GLX / RLX trims, again, based on what the Kavaler sedan received in its facelift at the same time.

In parallel, the Reydzher / Kanyon R line got transformed from the barebones option to the preferred option for the ‘urban ranger’ (as one infamous ad suggested). It still kept the Kanyon’s look and general underpinnings, but now did away with almost all off-road-specific equipment in the drivetrain (it kept the skidtray though). Even a towing package with a towing hook and a much shorter spaced gearbox was merely optional for the Kanyon R.

… for the ‘urban ranger’ - whatever or whoever that was supposed to be

This particular Kanyon for sale here had been the company car in California for a self-employed consulting engineer with Eastern European heritage until he retired and chose to sell the car. The goal for him was to have something reasonably comfortable for longer distances that could deal with rough roads around construction sites, but wouldn’t have to do any rock crawling or pull heavy loads.

*yes, it’s actually a word. Just try to pronounce it normally.

7 Likes

1992 Zerve Kaveat 1700i Safari Camper-Package (Kombi 5MT)

The Kaveat was introduced in 1962. They were still making it in '92, albeit with quite a few updates. This one was made in Dnipro and originaly sold at a Zerve dealership in France, before being sold to a man in Germany, and eventually making its way here. I bought it in 2012. It has the Kombi-Camper package, which gives it a tent and some t h i c c roof bars. It has 92 horsepower, locking diffs, and full-time 4WD. Fuel economy isn’t great, but it’s what you get with an old car. Seats 4 comfortably. It’s in good shape, with 928000 km
$2451. I know what I have.

4 Likes

I had a brief moment of “Wait, did I tune one of your cars?”

Nope. Names are fun, and there’s two AMMs around.

… and it’s just a performance division in the case of my AMM anyway. No Gs were hurt in making up the acronym, by the way. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Orion Specialty Imports
Seattle, Oregon

FOR SALE: 1991 Nishiki Classic 3.5 V6

$ 3,918.00

Imported from Japan, this special vehicle was only produced for 3 years and this is your chance to own one of the 12,000 Classics around the world, and 375 that are imported to America, in Grade A condition!

• Retro Design
  • 3.5 liter V6 engine
  • 4 speed automatic
  • Premium CD audio and seats
  • Canvas Sunroof
  • Bicolor Paint
  • Chrome Trim

What are you waiting for? Call (206)-1234567 for more info!

9 Likes

I notice it is past 11:59 now, is this challenge closed?

1 Like

It “should” be. It’s not, for three reasons.

• I forgot to give a reminder.
  • I didn’t re-open cool wall submissions.
  • Several cars have been broken by the new update.

The challenge will remain open for another 7 days, to accommodate for this (and because I am busy during the week). It now closes at 11:59PM UTC on the 25th. Cool Wall submissions will not re-open, as I do not want to handle them and it’s all a bit of a mess. Sorry.

Everyone who has submitted entries will be permitted one resubmission. I would highly recommend checking over your cars for any patchwork-related issues.

Okay, so… The hidden stat won’t work as well as I want it to.

My plan had been to use the sales figures available in the markets tab to generate a decent metric for “how rare is it”? This would have allowed me to actually quantify how big a flop a given car was. So what went wrong?

Well, two issues. First of all, some cars were just a little odd and had strange effects on those calculations. I’ll reveal which one when I review the cars. Second, the numbers are inconsistent. Taking the Mara Kanyon, it sold 3692 units when I take each region and add them up, but only 3104 units if I clone the original trim and then check - and the numbers get really screwy if I select all regions at once, shooting up into the 12000s. Toggling Dalluha (a region which gets zero sales due to a fuel type bug, where 91 RON cars simply never sell there) actually changes sales figures as well. Not great.

TLDR: The hidden stat to judge was supposed to be sales, but it’s not going to happen, because it’s acting strangely.

4 Likes

Aww, that’s a shame. That would have been a nice twist, and my guess was miles off from what I though the hidden stat would be.

It seems this update only affects price, at least on my end; my car is now $260 more expensive, but otherwise nothing seems to have changed (and its still cheap enough to be legal, anyway).

Is it the same for everyone else?

One of the entries was messed up by patchwork, at the very least.

3 Likes

The Patchwork mess seems to be much more localized this time around. Most of my cars have retained 95% of the correct colors on patchwork fixtures, with only a couple reverting to default.

JUST LISTED: 2001 Halvson Harrier sDRIVE 1.5 Ute | $2,880 ONO

See All Photos

Odometer: 111,586
Body Type: Light Pickup
Engine: 1.5L 5cyl Petrol
Transmission: Automatic, 4spd
Drivetrain: RWD

PERFECT FIRST CAR OR CHEAP WORK CAR!

Have you ever wanted to experience a facet of Australian culture that never caught on here in the states? This pickup (or “Ute” if you want to truly get into the subculture) might just let you do that! A car that truly is unique in it’s own unique way, the signature two-tone metallic green and gold paint and the throaty 5 cylinder growl give it a truly special character.

Selling my Harrier sDRIVE Ute after a long and faithful life moving gear for my studio. Has been serviced regularly and on-time, and been kept clean over the years. Paint, interior, and mechanicals are in decent shape, and when checked by the Drives And Buys accreditation team it got a wear score of 0.45, which is relatively light for a pickup! Factory fitted options include the towbar, alloy wheels, and “premium option” radio with CD and Cassette players for the true early 00’s feel. Aftermarket options are limited to the nudge bar (although it’s the original Halvson one, just fitted later by me).

Selling for $2,880 ONO, NO LOWBALLERS, TIME WASTERS, OR TIRE KICKERS!!! ANYONE THAT TRIES THAT WILL EXPERIENCE WHAT A MAMIYA RB67 TO THE HEAD FEELS LIKE! Call me on 1-900-490-FREAK to arrange a viewing or test drive.

7 Likes

10 Likes

This is a courtesy notice, you have around 38 hours from now to submit your cars. Late submissions will not be reviewed.

So far I have entries from:
@AndiD
@BannedByAndroid
@cake_ape
@Caligari
@DuceTheTruth100
@Edsel
@Fayeding_Spray
@GassTiresandOil
@Hilbert
@Knugcab
@lotto77
@mart1n2005
@Maverick74
@oppositelock
@Restomod
@Texaslav

If you have submitted but your name is not on this list, please feel free to bump the DM with your submission.

10 Likes